Parkliners or Scamps in Virginia? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #1

Name: Rita
Trailer: Scamp 16
Virginia
Parkliners or Scamps in Virginia?

Just thought I'd see if anyone in Virginia has a Scamp or Parkliner I could look at. I'm shopping for an egg and the only ones I've seen so far are Casitas.

I will be fulltiming; any thoughts on any of the models to help me decide, pros and cons??

Thanks! Rita
Old 01-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
I know that Scamp has a referral program, and I suspect that Parkliner would too. If you call them, they will give you the name of an owner in your area who has agreed to show their units.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:34 PM   #3

Virginia
Thanks, I will get in touch with them!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #4

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystiktrvlr View Post
Just thought I'd see if anyone in Virginia has a Scamp or Parkliner I could look at. I'm shopping for an egg and the only ones I've seen so far are Casitas.

I will be fulltiming; any thoughts on any of the models to help me decide, pros and cons??

Thanks! Rita
Parkliner is located just outside of Greensboro, NC. Probably about an hour drive from Danville, VA just to give you a reference point.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Park Liner
North Carolina
Carolina Sonshine

We have owned a Parkliner for 3 years. We bought it used and have truly enjoyed every minute we have spent "glamping" as we call it. It is a big step up from camping in a tent. The reason we chose the Parkliner is the amount of head room (6'4"), the amount of linear cabinetry, nice size shower, maserating toilet, table separate for two so we don't put bed up and down and most of all the queen size bed. Plus we have bunks for the grandsons!
Carolina Sonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #6

Name: sharon
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
hi, I have an older scamp. you're welcome to visit any time! if you're in Danville, I'm about 2 hrs away. happy hunting!
sharon_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #7

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Rita,

A couple of quick questions. First, where in VA are you? I'm in Lynchburg, so I'm about centrally located in the state. The second question is how big a trailer are you looking for? I have a little 13' Burro that has no bathroom (and never did) so it would probably be too small and Spartan for your full timing needs, but I'd be glad to help you look around for something if you like. There are a couple of dealers of campers fairly close by and even if they don't have one on the lot might be able to steer you toward something.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Parkliner is located just outside of Greensboro, NC. Probably about an hour drive from Danville, VA just to give you a reference point.
Specifically, they are at Liberty, NC, Southeast of Greensboro, off US421
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #9

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I have family in Greensboro, so I'll have to take a trip soon, thanks!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #10

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Rita,

A couple of quick questions. First, where in VA are you? I'm in Lynchburg, so I'm about centrally located in the state. The second question is how big a trailer are you looking for? I have a little 13' Burro that has no bathroom (and never did) so it would probably be too small and Spartan for your full timing needs, but I'd be glad to help you look around for something if you like. There are a couple of dealers of campers fairly close by and even if they don't have one on the lot might be able to steer you toward something.

Froggie
I'm near Richmond. I'm looking for at least 17' and I see that the Parkliner is 15', darn. Every foot counts when you're full timing! I check all the forums multiple times a day, so hopefully, something will pop up soon. Appreciate your offer and will gladly accept any help in finding my forever home!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:32 PM   #11

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
hi, I have an older scamp. you're welcome to visit any time! if you're in Danville, I'm about 2 hrs away. happy hunting!
Thanks, I just may take you up on that!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:02 AM   #12

Name: Bill
Trailer: Scamp 19
Virginia
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystiktrvlr View Post

Thanks! Rita
We have a Scamp 19 in Alexandria you can see.
Bill Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #13

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hoover View Post
We have a Scamp 19 in Alexandria you can see.
I would love to come see it but I've sworn off NOVA. I'm a heavy traffic wuss anymore
Old 01-08-2017, 06:07 AM   #14

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Just a quick note, the Parkliner, even though the overall length is 15', has the most usable storage of any of the smaller fiberglass units. As far as quality of construction is concerned, those folks put allot into their 13' body. Worth a look even if too small. I am not affiliated with Parkliner (although I would be proud to be) in any way. Just a fan who has seen the unit up close inside and out and fell in love. Good Luck in your search!
rdcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #15

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Rita,

Although it isn't listed on their website, Scamp will build their 16ft Deluxe Layout A with a front sofa/bunk-beds instead of a front dinette at no additional cost. If you get the option package
and spend an additional $185 for the other front/rear cabinet, I think you will have a very nice wood interior (Oak or Birch) with 11 overhead cabinet doors, 5 lower cabinet doors, 3 drawers, a microwave oven cabinet, a closet, a bathroom, a two burner stove, a sink, reasonable(?) counter space, and a 4.6 cu-ft refrigerator, etc.

I think that kind of rig might have as much or more capability than most 17 ft trailers and at similar or lesser cost than some/most. I wonder if that might serve your needs?

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #16

Virginia
It looks like the Scamp has a lot more storage space than anything else, which is what I need, along with the bigger refrigerator! Thanks for the input Ray!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #17

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
You are welcome. ☺
The Scamp salesman that I work with is Wayne Pitlick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner, scamp