Boler tires - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2003, 11:35 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Boler tires

Hello All,
I've been reading the posts and really enjoy this forum, I'm fairly new to trailering and would like some help on tire selection for my 17ft Boler. I'm not sure how old they are but I think this spring I will buy new ones. My question is can anyone recomend tires. I'm thinking of changing the wheels also if I can because I've lost two of the hubcaps!? would I be able to put calista type wheels on the Boler?
Can't wait for spring, heck I might even try winter camping if my new pickup would arrive one these days!!
Thanks
Daniel

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:37 AM   #2

Hi Daniel
Try Canadian Tire.I also have a 17ft and will be buying new tires this coming season.Take one of your rims off or use the sparetire rim for sizing.
Welcome to the site.:wave

Old 02-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #3

>>if my new pickup would arrive one these days!!<<
you got something ordered? or are you looking for one?
WHat kind. I can't help it, I'm a vehicle person.

Old 02-19-2003, 10:28 PM   #4

Hello Jana,
Yup bit the bullet and ordered (Late Nov.) a 2003 Dodge Ram 1/2 ton with the hemi engine and of course the trailer towing package. There seems to be quite a demand for that engine and Dodge could not keep up especially in the 1/2 ton I'm told. I sure hope it is worth the wait. Its somewhere on a train heading through western Canada and they keep telling me any day now. I sure hope their service is better than their sales department.
Daniel

Old 02-19-2003, 10:43 PM   #5

A 1/2 ton. nice. we have a little one, a Dakota V8 before the new look. it has been/and still is a great truck. hope you have as good a luck as we. Then you won't have to worry about service. :)
(I have heard of a hemi, but don't really know what it is.) any day it will be ready, just in time to camp :) Good luck on the wheel/tire search.

Old 02-20-2003, 08:56 PM   #6

Great news!!
I guess your luck worked because I received a call this morning from the dealer, it finally arrived in Calgary. I should be driving it by next Wednesday. I'll have a picture of the truck and trailer to add to the site as soon as I can figure out how to accomplish this.
Take care everyone,
Daniel G

Old 02-20-2003, 09:57 PM   #7

Hemi

A Hemi is the type of head the engine has. The head is where
the valves are at the top of the pistons. A Hemi has a half round
spherical shape instead of flat or or wedge shaped. A Hemi is
considered one of the most efficient heads since it allows much
larger valves for the engine to breath. A Hemi gets much more HP
per liter or cc or cubic inch than the others.

A Hemi was Chrysler's big racing engine in the 60's. Very popular
then and the baby boomers are back at it ordering them and that is
why you had to wait for your truck. It will be worth it.

Thanks...

Old 02-21-2003, 09:31 AM   #8

Ummm....

I think I may have had that (Hemi) on my '69 Dodge. Four on the floor - would pass everything on the road except a gas station.

Geeze...am I really that old? Today, I don't think the old knees could stand much cruising around town with that heavy-duty clutch.

Cold, humid mornings the butterfly valve in the carb would stick wide open (that's what I called it. Forgive me if that is the incorrect term). Sitting at a stop light, engine would race, wonder I didn't burn anything up! And the looks I got :o

Old 02-21-2003, 09:57 AM   #9

I don't know if we should talk about tthose Dodges. I had a 79 van that I kept the cover on the motor loose, because if you didn't get it started right off or warmed good before you moved you had to hold your finger in the little butterfly thang to get the dang thing to start again. I swore I would never have another, and look at me now. it's one of my fav's. :nope will wonders never cease.

Old 02-21-2003, 11:08 AM   #10

Man, did I ever get us off track...

From Boler tires to Hemi to Dodge and now back to Boler tires.

Old 02-21-2003, 11:16 AM   #11

I think that's my fault, but he did say he had the tires coming already. didn't he? oh no that was the truck. oops. Daniel G??? how is the Boler tire search coming?

Old 02-21-2003, 06:10 PM   #12

Hi all,
I will try to get to Canadian tire this weekend but its pretty cold right now (minus 20 C) and I was told a good idea would be to take the spare off to bring. To be honest I've never tried (shame on me) and I'm not looking forward to it in that type of weather. I also have a few RV dealers close to where I work so I will give them a try also.
I would hope with all the hype given the new hemi engine I will not suffer the same problems as with the older model. They tell me it even gets better mileage than the smaller v8 in my Cherokee!!
Hoping for warmer weather,
Daniel G

Old 02-22-2003, 04:36 AM   #13

Hi Daniel
I got a Canadian Tire flyer today and they have RV tires on sale in my area.When buying at a RV store they have a tendacy to be pricey.;) Remember RV tires are different than car or truck tires but I know you knew that.;)

Old 02-22-2003, 05:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Orginally posted by Daniel G
I would hope with all the hype given the new hemi engine I will not suffer the same problems as with the older model. They tell me it even gets better mileage than the smaller v8 in my Cherokee!!
You should have no problem with that hemi. this problem I had, back when, was the carburetion. they don't have carburetors on the vehicles of today.

Tags
boler, tires