Bigfoot questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2003, 06:32 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bigfoot questions

Not that I am looking to buy right now, but I was just wondeirng some things. Rick how do you like your 21 footer? Does that have the stove and cook top also? Are these like the scamps where they have a resin coated wood floor or like a casita where the whole trailer is fiberglass on the outside (bottom included)? Rick, what do you tow this with could a 4 door toyota tacoma pull it or do you need a full size truck?

These really look like nice "fiberglass" trailers and they are family size also. I was just thinking that if we were to ever outgrow our casita this would most likely be the next step up, but that would not be for a long time. Luckily, for me, these fiberglass trailers can last a long time

Rick if possible could you post some photos of the inside of your Bigfoot? On line they don't show any photos of this one just the 25 footer. I never noticed any thread that showed the inside of your trailer.

Thanks all.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:52 AM   #2

Steven

We love our TT. It is our first (owned) and we consider ourselves fortunate for having found it. Our bathroom has a seperate shower and uses more water than I thought it would! :) There is a oven and 4 burner cooktop c/w range hood. We've got everything but AC and a microwave. We don't need either one here in BC.

You would not want to pull the 21 footer with a Tacoma. Our TT weight is about 3400 lbs dry, add water and supplies and it approaches 4500lbs for sure. I pull with a Durango.

Here's some pics taken last August showing various pictures. I also replied to the other thread with this same link.

http://community.webshots.com/album/49893955uexxHr

P.S. I'm not 100 % positive on the floor makeup, perhaps other Bigfoot owners here can clarify that point.

Old 05-23-2003, 03:28 PM   #3

>>outgrow our casita

Oh man, sounds like Michael is going to soon be a big brother!

>>floor

Never taken one apart ... but it's my understand that the 21 and 25 foot have a solid fiberglass belly pan, over which is hung a wood floor. Unlike Airstream's aluminum belly panels, which are riveted seams and therefore could be subject to leaking, the Bigfoot's belly is solid fiberglass which would provide much more protection.

But, like I say, I've never taken one apart.

Tags
bigfoot