Boler # 099 - 1969 flat roof - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #21

Trailer: 1969 1300 Boler
Hi,

Doing the door adjustments we noticed the old holes from the original hinges....so yes, someone has replaced them at sometime. It has taken some time to get the door fitting really good..... I adjusted the hinges a few times and re-fiberglassed a proper curve in the bottom. There was a door stopper in the middle of the door (outside) that I removed since it had wore a hole in the door that I had to fix. I think the original heater was replaced because the one in it now is electric. It is still at the bottom of the closet, and it fits like it could be original.... but I assumed that at one time it would have been propane (?) . I am trying to keep everything original.... the water tank is good and the pump lever on the sink works just fine. We were happy to see the electric furnace works and assume (haven't actually tried) the 2 burner stove is fine. It looks like it was hardly ever used.

I did find the original serial number on the frame.... it was on the top of the frame(door side), close to where the propane tank shelf is mounted.

I will get more pictures posted soon....
Brent Lorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #22

Trailer: 1968 Boler
Talking

Hello all you lucky Boler owners. I am in Texas and have bought what I believe is one of the early Bolers, but I am not entirely sure. It does not have a window above the stove, the vent fan is in the ceiling above the sink area, it does not have recessed lights in the back, but it does have those funny looking hinges on the door (I am having a devil of a time trying to get the door to hang straight for some reason). There are two doors under the sink (all doors have been replaced with ones made of pressed wood but the hinges and latches are the originals) this unit also has a drawer above where the ice box once was (new fridge in it now), green stove, white molded fiberglass sink. I have also noticed something I don't see on pictures of any other early models (will post pictures later) there are these solid aluminum pieces on the side jalousie windows. This unit also has low wheel cut outs. I am not sure that this is truly a Boler, it could be an old Scamp, but there is no title and so far I haven't been able to find the VIN# so I am going to have to try to find that tonight after work. Now that I have found this site, I am so pumped about the little trailer I can hardly contain myself. More Later.
Margaret Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #23

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Yeah, Congrats! Please do post pic's on here as well as start your own thread so it doesn't get lost in the older post. Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Cool! I bought a flat top a couple months ago, I think it's #83, I'm going to try to find the number on the trailer. Great photo's I have the same hinges and were wondering if they were original. What does your door look like on the inside? Mine looks alot different then any other I've seen. Basically painted raw fiberglass. What kind of lock or door handles? I also have a 72 Boler in my yard that belongs to my Grandparents, and it's quite different. Mine also doesn't have insulation, and I don't think ever did. Same cushions. These are going to be replaced as they arn't in as good of shape as yours. And the musty smell bothers me! I've done a few reno's, My table was painted and the paint came off great, looks new. The cabinet doors were also painted and the paint isn't coming off well, so I'm making new ones. Are you going to insulate? I spent many nights trying to decide what to do. I'm not very handy so I decided to just re paint for this year. Since there wasn't any insulation to begin with adding insulation would mean having to take out the cabinets as there is no space, and the closet doesn't look like it will come out like other models. Besides it was okay for 40 years with out it! My "kitchen" cabinet has been modified, unfortunatly. At this time I'm not putting in a sink or stove. 2 reasons, #1 I don't want to cook in the trailer and 2# I don't have a sink or stove to put in, maybe if I come across one! Look forward to seeing what you do.
Claire J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #25

Name: mensie
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
This is such a source of information!

I'm still trying to figure out what year our Boler is, the serial number was removed, because one of the previous owners changed the hitch.

What I can tell though :

No support between upper and lower kitchen cabinets
No recessed tail lights
double cabinet doors underneat the sink
drawer above the fridge/icebox
the sink is green, but the stove is a soft corn yellow

It looks like the stove is original, unless one of the previous owners put in a newer stove at one point.

Does anybody know if yellow stoves were used at all?
mensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #26

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensie View Post
This is such a source of information!

I'm still trying to figure out what year our Boler is, the serial number was removed, because one of the previous owners changed the hitch.

What I can tell though :

No support between upper and lower kitchen cabinets
No recessed tail lights
double cabinet doors underneat the sink
drawer above the fridge/icebox
the sink is green, but the stove is a soft corn yellow

It looks like the stove is original, unless one of the previous owners put in a newer stove at one point.

Does anybody know if yellow stoves were used at all?
Posting a few ext/int pics would sure help out for an ID .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #27

Name: mensie
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Just picked this thing up last Friday from the pasture, scrubbed all the moss/lynching's off the top and gutted it yesterday.As mentioned in the previous post there is no vin number as the former owner cut the hitch off and replaced it with a new one.

To me the bumper looks original, no recessed lights, no marker lights.

Here are some of the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1702.JPG   IMG_1722.jpg  

IMG_1733.jpg   IMG_1734.jpg  

IMG_1736.jpg   IMG_1737.jpg  

mensie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler