Escape Trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
On a side issue I was thinking of hosting a Escape forum and was wondering if anyone thinks that's a good idea..

jeff
I do. I do. But, on second thought, a lot of good ideas apply to other eggs as well, and some good ideas lead to other good ideas. I'm not sure there would be enough solutions to problems with the perfect trailer to generate much of a thread. On the other hand, why not?

As for the extra shower curtain, I have to admit that I have yet to take a shower in the Escape. Leslie heads for the park showers, given that option. And with some prodding, so do I. We have used the exterior shower for a quick shampoo.
Still, I don't regret getting the interior shower. I'm sure I'll have to take a shower sometime.

baglo
Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #42

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
We had a shower in our 17 footer and never used it in 2 1/2 years of travel but I'm sure glad we had it. The shower was a great place to store wet items after a dump of rain and we had to make camp. We do all our dish washing outside and store our tubs and water bucket in here when traveling. Then if the shower got a little dirty it was easy to clean out with the shower. Wouldn't have been able to use this space for wet storage if had just the toilet.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #43

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan A
Quote:
We had a shower in our 17 footer and never used it in 2 1/2 years of travel but I'm sure glad we had it. The shower was a great place to store wet items after a dump of rain and we had to make camp. We do all our dish washing outside and store our tubs and water bucket in here when traveling. Then if the shower got a little dirty it was easy to clean out with the shower. Wouldn't have been able to use this space for wet storage if had just the toilet.
BRILLIANT!! I've been paddling lots, hence wet, hence wet gear. Having a heck of a time figuring out where to dry it. (Escape 17' - no bathroom). hmmmmmm

I did get the outside shower though - FABULOUS - use it to wash my cold and sandy feet and shoes after paddling.

I've had my Escape since early July and I truly love it more each day. (I've spent all but about 3 weeks of nights in it since picking it up - home sweet home!)
Dirk Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #44

Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape')
Registry
Quote:
I agree with baglo.. we have just gotten our Escape and I'm adverse to drilling any holes in anything until I understand what the heck our needs are.. One great thing is Magnets on the exhaust stove hood.. we bought the ones that are usually used for keys, they make a wonderful holders for anything that has holes in it..(large utensils for cooking) some of the magnets are rated for holding 9lbs.. We're also installing an additional shower curtain so the toilet doesn't get wet during showers.. Other than that is just the typical suction cup madness..

On a side issue I was thinking of hosting a Escape forum and was wondering if anyone thinks that's a good idea..

jeff
Hi Jeff,
I think I just signed up for it the other day. Great idea! Some of the ideas for the Escape can come in handy for fgrvers as well. Speaking of magnets, I found two magmnetic paper towel holders. The one with the two magnets will fit (I believe) on the side of the range hood. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_19?...tic+paper+towel
Hopefully the link works.
Peace and Sunshine,
Sandra
BTW, how are you going to rig the shower curtain to keep the toilet area dry?
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #45

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sandra, the podcast photos you were looking for might be here maybe, I dont know for sure, take care
Link Here
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #46

Registry
Quote:
Sandra, the podcast photos you were looking for might be here maybe, I dont know for sure, take care
Link Here
Thanks Ken,
I don't see the wardrobe closet mod, because I believe the wardrobe Jeff ordered goes from floor to ceiling. Maybe it was a pod with no pictures?
I appreciated the comparison movies that he posted. Hope you found them helpful.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra
Old 10-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #47

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
I'm not too sure if this is to anyone interest, but we have photos & some movies of our maiden voyage with our new Escape..

Bay Area Podcast - October 2008

* Link to the post: http://zimodecast.com/?p=86
* Link to Bay Area Podcast: http://zimodecast.com

we had fun..

jeff
jeffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #48

Quote:
I'm not too sure if this is to anyone interest, but we have photos & some movies of our maiden voyage with our new Escape..

Bay Area Podcast - October 2008

* Link to the post: http://zimodecast.com/?p=86
* Link to Bay Area Podcast: http://zimodecast.com

we had fun..

jeff
Hi Jeff,
I have a couple questions about your trailer.
Are the tail lights standard or were they special ordered, and the right side access door was that standard?
Rob
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #49

Rob:

Yes the tail lights were standard and so was the sliding screen door (it's their new method of installing screen doors). We really like the new screen as it gives you access to the side wall of the refrigerator if you like to mount/hang something there. Also the AC mounted on top of the trailer gives you the ability to put in a Microwave in the cabinet above the fridge.. For those people requiring AC.. It worked out for us as we are less than 6ft tall so there's no issue..

jeff
Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 PM   #50

I had a few quick questions when you get some spare time. THe snap covering on the front of the trailer, are those just rock guards? Is your roof A/C a coleman polar cub, The smallest roof model they make that can run off a honda EU2000 generator? Thanks in advance.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #51

Ken:

The snap coverings are the rock guards..good eyes! I believe the A/C is a Dometic 590 (I should verify w/Rease) and requires a 2.5kw generator.. Regrettably the EU2000 probably can't do it..

jeff
Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #52

Registry
Quote:
Rob:

Yes the tail lights were standard and so was the sliding screen door (it's their new method of installing screen doors). We really like the new screen as it gives you access to the side wall of the refrigerator if you like to mount/hang something there. Also the AC mounted on top of the trailer gives you the ability to put in a Microwave in the cabinet above the fridge.. For those people requiring AC.. It worked out for us as we are less than 6ft tall so there's no issue..

jeff
Jeff:
The tail lights are new. (Since '05). What are the outlets on the outsides of the front dinette benches? Did you get the two or the three burner stove top? I sure looks nice! I posted on the Escape forum.
Peace and Sunshine,
Sandra
Old 10-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #53

The outlet in the front of the trailer on the small dinette is an additional cable outlet.. I'm using my laptop as the TV (I have a usb HDTV tuner) and figured If someone wants to sleep in the bed and the other is wide awake (like me) I can read or watch TV in the front..(If we watch a movie/tv in bed we just put the laptop on the fold-out counter next to the sink.. the standard cable outlet is next to the propane gas detector..) Anyway I had Rease put in another cable outlet that hooks off the standard antenna/cable in.. It worked out nicely..

As for the Forum.. I just threw it up there real quick on my site when we we're on our maiden voyage.. just so that Reace & Tammy could get an idea of what it would look like at first.. I wasn't really thinking that people would start registering right away..(ok, I have a walnut brain..)

So, I'll move it over to a real location (not on my site) this weekend.. It will be escapeforum.org.. The only caveat is that you'll have to re-register again..as it makes my life much easier that way.. If people use it great.. if not It's kind-of of a hobby for me so no big deal..
Old 10-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #54

Registry
Quote:
The outlet in the front of the trailer on the small dinette is an additional cable outlet.. I'm using my laptop as the TV (I have a usb HDTV tuner) and figured If someone wants to sleep in the bed and the other is wide awake (like me) I can read or watch TV in the front..(If we watch a movie/tv in bed we just put the laptop on the fold-out counter next to the sink.. the standard cable outlet is next to the propane gas detector..) Anyway I had Rease put in another cable outlet that hooks off the standard antenna/cable in.. It worked out nicely..

As for the Forum.. I just threw it up there real quick on my site when we we're on our maiden voyage.. just so that Rease & Tammy could get an idea of what it would look like at first.. I wasn't really thinking that people would start registering right away..(ok, I have a walnut brain..)

So, I'll move it over to a real location (not on my site) this weekend.. It will be escapeforum.org.. The only caveat is that you'll have to re-register again..as it makes my life much easier that way.. If people use it great.. if not It's kind-of of a hobby for me so no big deal..
Thanks Jeff,
Since I'm not that computer literate, can you tell me if the usb TV tuner has a cable input so that that a tv cable can be run from the TV outlet to the usb tuner?
What a great idea. I'll be looking forward to the new forum.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra

Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #55

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
<blockquote>Since I'm not that computer literate, can you tell me if the usb TV tuner has a cable input so that that a tv cable can be run from the TV outlet to the usb tuner?</blockquote>

A TV tuner USB card will run under $100, they will work with laptops or a desktop and have a connector for a coaxial cable. Two brands I am familar with are Artec and Hauppauge. They usually come with a remote control. Artec has a model under $40

I like the idea of having a seperate cable jack installed near the table, using the TV card with a notebook gives you two functions out of a single device.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #56

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
<Moderator Hat ON>

I have deleted a number of posts in this thread that were off-topic and that didn't add any content to this discussion about Escape trailers. This is a valuable thread for Escape owners and folks who may be interested in purchasing an Escape trailer. Please keep your posts on-topic.

<Moderator Hat OFF>

Thanks,

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #57

Registry
Thank you both. Now I next have to figure out which will work with a Mac. I really like the idea of one thing doing triple duty. I really have learned a lot from this forum. Even though I am hopefully acquiring an Escape, the tips and advice have been sooo helpful.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra
Old 11-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #58

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Thank you both. Now I next have to figure out which will work with a Mac. I really like the idea of one thing doing triple duty. I really have learned a lot from this forum. Even though I am hopefully acquiring an Escape, the tips and advice have been sooo helpful.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra
I've been investigating. Future Shop carries a Hauppauge WinTV 950 Hybrid TV Stick. It works with Mac or PC. Go to Future Shop site and search "Computer Add-Ons" or the name of the device. It is a USB TV stick with a hybrid TV tuner/receiver for both NTSC cable analog or over-the-air ATSC hi-definition digital TV. (which means little to me).
But, the sales guy said it's the only one for Mac that they carry. It comes with an antennae or you can plug in cable. Compatible with the new digital format for broadcasting that comes in in Feb. '09. Costs $166.99 here.

Now, I just have to figure out if it's worth almost $200 with taxes so I won't miss the last episode of Survivor. For one thing in summer, when I mainly camp, TV is all reruns, and with this TV stick, I'd have to camp downtown to get cable or an over-the-air broadcast.

I've thought about Sirius sat radio too, but don't want to pay the $15 a month subscription. For now, I just download a bunch of pod-casts from iTunes. CBC, NPR and BBC documentaries and anything else that interests me. Incredible amount of entertainment available for free.

Failing all that, I can look at the camp fire.

baglo

baglo
Old 11-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #59

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Can't remember the name of the mirror. I threw the instructions away, [b]but you turn a knob on the back of the suction device and it clings to the mirror. Has a safety strap in case you don't trust it. It does vibrate some, but so would you, hanging out the side of the RAV at 110 kph.
Baglo,
Was it this mirror?
Or, was it mirror #2?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #60

Quote:
Hi Jeff,
I think I just signed up for it the other day. Great idea! Some of the ideas for the Escape can come in handy for fgrvers as well. Speaking of magnets, I found two magmnetic paper towel holders. The one with the two magnets will fit (I believe) on the side of the range hood. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_19?...tic+paper+towel
Hopefully the link works.
Peace and Sunshine,
Sandra
BTW, how are you going to rig the shower curtain to keep the toilet area dry?
Sandra, loved your idea about the magnetic paper towel holder. I found the following items at a website and all three are perfect for our Escape! Thanks for the ideas!
Linda
Great Magnetic Paper towel holder; fits perfectly on the stove hood, to the right and above the sink ($15.99):
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_magpapertwl.html

Another great find at this site; a magnetic hook strip that fits up inside the right side of the stove hood; it is perfect ($12.99)!
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_rovelmag3.html

This item was a pretty good purchase as well; although the towel rings are made of plastic, they fit perfectly on the cabinet door below the sink and also on the wardrobe door. Closeout and not too many left ($7.99):
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_cliponrings.html

Tags
escape