Announcement by Escape Trailer Industries & Trillium RV - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Hello Everyone,

I know we just made our announcement regarding the Escape 19' but I thought you would be happy to hear our latest announcement. We have been working quietly (Thank you Doug) for the past couple of months on something that we think is really great! Please see below.....

Announcement - September, 2008
Escape Trailers & Trillium RV

Escape Trailer Industries Ltd (ETI), of Chilliwack, B.C. and Trillium RV Ltd. (TRV), of Carson City, NV are excited to announce a strategic alliance between the two companies covering; manufacturing, sales & marketing. All manufacturing of the Trillium trailer’s is being transferred to the Escape factory in Chilliwack.

Currently, ETI builds a 17’ travel trailer and a 19’ 5th wheel, with an additional 19’ model being introduced in Spring 2009. TRV builds a 13’ trailer, with a 15’ model also to be introduced in Spring 2009. This alliance will provide ETI with the opportunity to offer an ‘Escape’ 13’ and 15’ travel trailer with a custom wood interior finish, while the ‘Trillium’ 13’ and 15’ will have a fiberglass interior.

This joint effort between ETI and TRV will offer customers the opportunity to purchase either product in Canada or the United States. The new Escape product line will include 13’, 15’, 17’, 19’ travel trailers and a 19.5’ 5th wheel and the new Trillium product line will include a 13’ and 15’.

Early bird pricing will soon be available in both ‘Escape’ and ‘Trillium’ models for the 13’ and 15’ travel trailers.

Reace, Tammy (Escape Trailer Ind.) & Tom (Trillium RV)
Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Excellent Reace!!!! Hope it all goes as well as you hope.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Trillium
Great news Reace!

Something good comes to Chilliwack!!

(not that there weren't good things there already - I'm originally from there and I seem to be out there every couple of weeks visiting various family members, but it's cool to hear of something allied with one of my interests happening in a place I know.)

All the best with this endeavour!

Dave
David Swinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wishing everyone concerned continued and increased success with a great product! All the best, L 'n D
Old 09-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Wow, feels like two halves of a large puzzle coming together. Picture looks great!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Well FINALLY.... I can breath a little easier knowing now that you've let the Kitten Out Of De Sack an I don't have to 'shush' any longer and we are now free to about the future which does look remarkedly BRIGHT for Escape Trailers
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Wow, that's crazy news! I have made comments before on how great a 13' Escape would be.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi:...Reace, Tammy& Tom!!! Something really HOT happened in the big CHILL'wk I Figgered there was an "Egg Hatchin' " on the way and somehow it added up to 13&15 so I'm not surprised!!!
I hope it hatches swell...CONGRATS to y'all.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Wow, that's crazy news! I have made comments before on how great a 13' Escape would be.
Booker, I've been bustin my gut for weeks now about this announcement. You'll have to thumb wrestle me for first in line on a new 13 Mini-Escape!! LOL!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Congrats Reace, Tammy, and Tom!!! What an interesting collaboration! I look forward to seeing all the wonderful new trailers that will be made as a result of this partnership. Did thoughts of this alliance begin at the Oregon Gathering?

best wishes!
jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Looks like Doug gets credit for the inside scoop first.
Here sept 6th
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #12

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita

This opens up so many opportunities to all involved.

Best wishes for your continued success,
Benita
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #13

Registry

...and NOW I can tell my side of the story.
Years ago, the Trailer Goddess and I had taken our Trillium trailer out to Escape to have some work done to it, including the addition of an awning rail and new awning. Reace and I had been chatting about trailers and I suggested the addition (to their line) of a new 13' (or similar size) egg. Reace had indicated it might be possible and that he was thinking about it. I had suggested that if they do start making one that the inside height be the same as (or even a little higher, even 1/2 inch higher) as a 13' Trillium. Trilliums are taller inside than their cousins the Bolers. Reace seemed (at that time) a little reluctant to go that extra height (I think it was a cost saving issue??) and I expressed my thoughts that a taller person would be more apt to buy a trailer that he/they can stand upright in as opposed to one where the occupants need to stoop over while inside. A person more 'vertically challanged' however, probably wouldn't care if he had more headroom or not, if they liked the fit/finish and layout of the unit, they'd buy it anyhow.
IMHO: This 'thought' about the extra height just might add a few more sales to Reaces account!!

A few weeks ago, I was talking with Tammy about the escape line and she swore me to secrecy and informed me of their choice to build a smaller version of their now semi-famous Escape 17' and 5.0! Keeping that secret was prolly one of the hardest secrets I've had to keep and I'm now elated that the secrets out and even more happier that their business is going to now really start to sky rocket.

Congratulations Reace, Tammy and Escape Trailer Industries.....
Old 09-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #14

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
well you passed the trade secret test. Nice to see egg owners protecting the carton

Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #15

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
This is great news as a 'wanne-be' that attended the gathering at Bullards Beach I was disappointed to hear that Reace did not make a 13 or 15 foot version of his wonderful fiberglass trailer. Because the 15' option is the one I want.
I'd like to be first in line to order the 15' Escape. Then I can be a 'for real' member of the club and not a 'wanna-be' any longer.
Reace, Where do I sign up?

Cathy
Cathy Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
This news could not have come at a better time for us (Wanna bees). I have been talking to Tom Young on the phone about our interest in his "yet to be made" Model 4500 (15 ft.). We love everything about the Trillium but had no way of seeing a new one or even an Outback Trill made in Alberta. Started looking into an EggCamper made in nearby Michigan in case Tom's venture bit the dust. Now I see that it has a future with Escape Trailers in B.C. We are so excited to hear this. We would like to get in on the ground level.

Could someone help me with this part....since Escape will also be building a 13ft and a 15 ft. trailer, will the Trilliums be less expensive? I am not sure how they will market the two. Is one wood interior and the other fiberglass?

Can't wait to get in touch with Tom Young to find out more.

Great news!

Lloyd Cicetti
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Hi Lloyd

The 13' and 15' Escape models will have a wood interior, same as all other Escape trailers. The Trillium will have a fiberglass interior.

You will be able to purchase the Escape or Trillium from Escape Trailer Ind. in Chilliwack BC or from Tom at Trillium RV in Nevada.

The Trillium will be the same price at either location.

Reace
Old 09-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #18

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
YAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOO

Depending on floor plan options and pricing, I do believe I want a 15, 17, or 19 ASAP.
Larger is preferred, but budget has it's limits.

Curtis
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #19

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Quote:
Hi Lloyd

The 13' and 15' Escape models will have a wood interior, same as all other Escape trailers. The Trillium will have a fiberglass interior.

You will be able to purchase the Escape or Trillium from Escape Trailer Ind. in Chilliwack BC or from Tom at Trillium RV in Nevada.

The Trillium will be the same price at either location.

Reace
Reace, thanks for your reply and we wish you the very best with the growth of your business.

A few questions... Will the Trilliums be manufactured in B.C. and sold in Nevada?. Will the 13 and 15ft Escapes be priced different from the comparable Trilliums? If we wanted a Trillium 4500 by next August, should we reserve one now to get any early bird discount? When do you think the first 15ft Escape will be complete?

I appreciate your response to these questions and I look forward to working with you and Tom in securing one of your trailers.

Thanks a lot,

Lloyd Cicetti

lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Hi Lloyd

All Trillium trailers will be manufactured in Chilliwack BC and be sold at both locations. Pricing on the Escape models have not been finalized yet but are predicted to be very close to the Trillium pricing. Tom will be setting the price on the Trillium, I will be setting the price on the Escape.

New molds are being made for 13 and 15 to incorporate some minor design updates. The 13' will be completed 1st and ready for production in November, the 15' will be a few months behind.

When to place an order? We will have some fantastic early bird pricing that you may want to take advantage of. Pricing will soon be available at escapetrailer.com and trilliumrv.com

Reace

Tags
escape, trillium