UHaul Solar Panel Reseal - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
I found this on Ebay, it look like a good price and could share with someone else I would just use one panel to replace the originale one.

120W(2X60W) poly solar panel energy charger for battery, RV, car, camp, marine@ | eBay

Did you notice the $200 shipping charges? I think there are better places to buy solar panels. I've been watching for flash sales at Solar Blvd (you need to register) and also watching Sun Electronics.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #22

Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
No did not see the 200$ shipping fee... Will keep looking for a deal. There is no emergency for a solar panel. Thanks
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #23

Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Just got it off from the top. Was not as easy as I thought it would be. Every bolt was stuck tight. Had to drill in every of them. Now I will do some little fiberglass putty work and wait until I find a great deal on a more effective solar panel.

Fred
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #24

Update:

After thinking about this for awhile, I decided that I was getting good advice to swap out the solar panel now while the ceiling carpet is down. I found a nice little 60 watt panel on eBay for $120 including shipping and I'll install it in place of the old panel. Now to find a nice deal on a controller.

I think that I can extend the attachments and use the base frame as a mount.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #25

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Thomas I dont think you will be sorry you did that! Having the solar really does make things way easier in deciding where you can go camping - not to mention that it will pay for itself in short order as you are not always having to pay for full hook ups at campsites.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Thomas I dont think you will be sorry you did that! Having the solar really does make things way easier in deciding where you can go camping - not to mention that it will pay for itself in short order as you are not always having to pay for full hook ups at campsites.
Yea, I'm not keen on plug in camping. I also have a hybrid TV with a huge potential to charge the trailer battery.

Tags
solar, solar panel, uhaul