My 1975 Ventura adventure. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #21

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
I run totally led lighting for interior lights and a car stereo, thats it for power requirements(leds are cheap and draw next to nothing). We replaced the fixtures with ones from Princess Auto. We also put in a new 120V fluorescent fixture which weighs about 1/3 of the old one and was about $15. Propane draw is also very low, the fridge flame is about the same as a Bic lighter and the furnace pilot light is almost enough to heat the whole camper, lowest setting is just about too much(watch out for the drawer handle,gets very hot when the furnace is on).

As for the break away, I was thinking of one as well. Not sure what the legals of it are.

here is the link to my rebuild thread, http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ura-46974.html

Ebay LEDS Led lights 1156
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #22

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Thought I'd chime in as we have a 75 Ventura too,
We have our battery mounted on the hitch along with a propane tank.
A few weeks back we went camping for four nights - the fridge and furnace (pilot light mostly, but a bit higher at night) used a total of 11 lbs of propane. Hopefully this will give you a bit of a benchmark for your trips.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #23

Name: Drew
Trailer: 1975 ventura 400 towed by a jeep grand cherokee sometimes, and an ugly 89 dodge truck other times.
Alberta
Registry
Ok. I wasn't to sure, but I think I'll go with a single 20 pound tank, and use the little hand size dark green ones for my barbeque. It's set up for 2 tanks, so I kind of thought it would use lots of propane. Good to hear it doesn't.

I used it for the first time this weekend. The 4.0 jeep pulled it nicely, but when we arrived, the jack stands wouldn't fit under the rear. I figured it'd be fine. Well, I was wrong!!! Oh, sure, 2 people on the rear bed was ok, but once the dog jumped up to visit, there was a moment of weightlessness, then BANG onto the back bumper!!! AAAAK!!! Needless to say, I moved it and got the stands under the back.
streetvan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #24

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Been there done that, except it was while I was stripping the interior, had it roll down the driveway into the alley with me inside.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #25

Trailer: 1975 ventura 400 towed by a jeep grand cherokee sometimes, and an ugly 89 dodge truck other times.
Alberta
Registry
My battery tray is in progress, might even go on tonight. I upgraded my propane hose to the new type, and fixed up the original mount for a single tank. The original mount was buried under a bunch of wood junk, but I found it eventualy! I also picked up some LED lights for the interior. I stopped by outback/trillium here in Calgary last Friday. What an incredible place! So many awesome, expensive ideas to work on now! Pictures of my rig ups to come, so you guys can critique what I made.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #26

Alberta
Registry
Been busy at work and whatnot, but here's the mount I made. And once I removed all the junk the previous owner put on, I found the original propane mount, which just needed a few repairs, and some paint.

My plan, for now, is to simply hook an inverter directly to the battery, and plug the trailer into that. Kind of ghetto, but it seems that the 12 volt system hasn't aged well, and the 110 volt system works flawlessly. I have a few more trips for the summer, so I don't dare rip the inside panels off to deal with wires until those are through.

You can also see the updated propane hose I bought at Outback. Not sure when they'll actualy stop selling the old style tanks, but my hose was leaking anyway, and the retrofit hose was only $29.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Whatever you need to do to make it safe and safe to go down the road... we're here to support you!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #28

Alberta
Registry
Haven't updated this in a while! I've put lots of miles on the old Ventura, and it's working great. Installed my new cushion covers tonight. I wanted to brighten it up, and improve the odour, while still maintaining a 70s vibe. Mission accomplished?
Attached Thumbnails
image-596636497.jpg   image-2222085620.jpg  

Old 05-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetvan1 View Post
Mission accomplished?
I'd say

I like those bright colors!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:09 PM   #30

Name: Sonny
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Yukon
Cool brochure

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetvan1 View Post
Just wanted to post a few pics, and ask a few questions. This is my first fiberglass trailer, but once upon a time, I had an old conventional one.

First thing, the brochure that came with it! Pretty cool. Nothing helpful as far as repair or maintenance, but pretty cool anyway.

I can't quite read the print on the standard equipment. I'm pretty much starting from scratch on the electrical. Thanks
sonny75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 06:08 PM   #31

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: Ventura 73’
British Columbia
Our previous owner had a new door built.. and does look like custom job. It’s maybe only thing that doesn’t need work on ours! Ha. But, that said, the latch sucks and door is tad smaller than frame.

Thank you for sharing brochure! What a score.
murffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:28 PM   #32

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: Ventura 73’
British Columbia
Can I just say thanks.... AGAIN... for sharing the brochure. Upon closer inspection - I’m realizing our front and back windows were switched!! Explains why the window screws didn’t line up with the frame!
murffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ventura