Another uhaul ct-13 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #21

Name: Benjamin
Trailer: Uhaul ct-13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia
I was looking at similar flooring. It's special order only in my area so I'd be interested in your thoughts if you go with it. Not being able to hold it and see a sample showing the seams makes me hesitant.
It is about a 1/4 inch thick and is very tough feeling. It is not the foam flooring people put in home gyms. It measures 2x2 and is about 3 bucks a piece. I am not sure of how well it cleans up but time will tell. It comes in all colors but I am sold on orange because it matches the outside so nice and should match my new cushions which are off being reworked and covered. I am gonna put my order in tomorrow so I will post pics
uhaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 AM   #22

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulin View Post
I have been lurking for some time and thought it was time to talk about my improvements. So far I have owned my uhaul for about a month. I removed an ac unit that was to heavy for my little trailer and put in a simple roof vent. I thought about a fantastic fan but opted for the much cheaper non fan version. I use a Coleman tent fan and it brings in the fresh air just fine and was much cheaper. I was also in search of the center seam trim and found some today at a local marina. The guy sold me the 30 ft he had for 10 bucks. Woohoo I was excited. If anyone wants to show me how to post pics I will put some up. She is a work in progress. I will post pics as I go. I have some plans that I have not seen yet. The app is great I figured out how to post pics!
Welcome to the Form Benjamin.

Perk
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #23

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Whoo hoo, Mary and Bob...so happy to finally see a picture of your UHaul...I am in Sacramento, Ca for ten days helping my sister and brother-law clean up their recently purchased 85 UHaul. Greg thinks I should become a used camper salesman. So far, have convinced my sister and good friend in Mn to each buy a Uhaul...if I keep this up, we can really have a big rally sometime...had a grand time at the Cherokee Rally meeting two other Uhaulers. Loved it when a UHaul came rolling into the Rally pulled by a Mini Cooper! A grand sight!! Anxious to meet you someday. Safe travels and congrats Mary on figuring out posting pics. Jane, rPaddy2 Fellow UHauler
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #24

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Oh, Benjamin, did not mean to intrude on your thread. Welcome to FGRV...love your creative brain and anxious to see more pics!!
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #25

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Phoenix Rising Level pretty inexpensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Don: the eagle thing is one of those stick-on levels to help you level the trailer when you set up at a campsite. There is one on the front too, they were there when we bought the trailer. The level part is kind of fogged and hard to see. I think camping world has them. Mine need to be replaced. You can copy any of my ideas that you want, we just need to see if we can post more pictures of some of our modifications, we're sort of computer illiterate here.
Mr. Bob,
Your doing better than me! Thanks for the neat idea of the level. (I like thinking of it as the 'Phoenix Rising' as it typlifies many of our UHAULS!) I could not find it at camping world but bought a two pack at eBay!

RV Designer E405 Eagle Stick on Level camper Trailer RV | eBay

I have been eyeballing the leveling. Now, maybe things will not roll off
my counter or table top !
Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #26

Florida
Registry
Thanks for the memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane SC View Post
Whoo hoo, Mary and Bob...so happy to finally see a picture of your UHaul...I am in Sacramento, Ca for ten days helping my sister and brother-law clean up their recently purchased 85 UHaul. Greg thinks I should become a used camper salesman. So far, have convinced my sister and good friend in Mn to each buy a Uhaul...if I keep this up, we can really have a big rally sometime...had a grand time at the Cherokee Rally meeting two other Uhaulers. Loved it when a UHaul came rolling into the Rally pulled by a Mini Cooper! A grand sight!! Anxious to meet you someday. Safe travels and congrats Mary on figuring out posting pics. Jane, rPaddy2 Fellow UHauler
Mrs. Jane,
Was great meeting you and Mr. Greg along with George and his wife!!!
Thanks for the comment about the 'grand sight'. That trip I put 2611 miles on the Mini and averaged 23.5 mpg which included the Blue Ridge Parkway and
up to Clingmans Dome in the Smoky Mountain Natl. Park. Loved every minute of it but suspect the area is full of snow now because of Sandy. We hit it just right! Sure hope to see you all, including your two new recruits, next year!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #27

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Hey Benjamin, we have a Michigan gathering planned next fall in Algonac, Mi. We had 26 (maybe more?) various FG campers attend this last September, and had such a good time, we're doing it again in September 2013. I'm another Michianian, and also have a UHaul.

Where's Michigan, can we get there from New York??
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #28

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Where's Michigan, can we get there from New York??
Yes, but I think you have to drive through Canada.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #29

Name: andrew
Trailer: 17 boler
Ontario
hello all

uhaulin, where did you get the flooring that you plan on use? the orange is an awesome colour
andrew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #30

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew78
hello all

uhaulin, where did you get the flooring that you plan on use? the orange is an awesome colour
It is from a local mom and pop flooring shop. I am sure it could be found at any flooring places
Old 10-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #31

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Benjamin, My floor has a 'rise' in the center of the floor, running front to back. So you may want to see if your floor does also, and if you need to make any modifications to give yourself a level surface?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #32

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow
Benjamin, My floor has a 'rise' in the center of the floor, running front to back. So you may want to see if your floor does also, and if you need to make any modifications to give yourself a level surface?
Thanks I did not notice one and it is down to barr floor but I will def look into it.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #33

Michigan
I was excited to realize I had an original battery box.......then I removed the lid to find some custom work done by PO. It looks like he used his teeth to remove the right side of the box
Attached Thumbnails
image-3960367608.jpg   image-1654324948.jpg  

Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #34

Quote:
I was excited to realize I had an original battery box.......then I removed the lid to find some custom work done by PO. It looks like he used his teeth to remove the right side of the box
Too bad. Occasionally people sell the old boxes here. Usually it is the top that is missing, so you may be ahead. You can also buy replacement sealed battery boxes. Functional trumps original.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #35

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Mr. Benjamin,
Maybe prior owner was this guy?
Jaws - James Bond 007 Wiki

Mr. H. Mike graciously gave me a battery box, I was missing mine, so I really appreciate your surprise/concern!

On the plus side it could be ready for a group 31 with a short fiberglass extension riveted to the original case!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post

On the plus side it could be ready for a group 31 with a short fiberglass extension riveted to the original case!
Good point. It wouldn't be too hard to repair it. Maybe with fiberglass cloth and resin.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #37

Michigan
The battery box will be in the classifieds soon. I will just replace with a new one. Function over form at this point. On a side note just took off the wheels and they are in the truck heading to be blasted and powder coated then some new rubber. Any guesses to what color they are headed?
Attached Thumbnails
image-424552297.jpg  
Old 11-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #38

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Any guesses to what color they are headed?
Orange?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Orange?
Someone else here did the orange wheel and orange bumper thing, as I recall.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post330127
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #40

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D.

Orange?
I will leave u guessing till they are back.

Tags
uhaul