Where can i buy replacement parts ( uhaul) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #1

Name: Kim
Trailer: Uhaul
Missouri
Arrow Where can i buy replacement parts ( uhaul)

Hi we recently purchased a 1985 uhaul fiberglass camper trailer. The inside has been totally gutted . I need to know where I can get the replacement parts for our camper. Is there a pre-molded kit I can buy for the inside? there is nothing on the walls ...totally bare. Thank you so much!!
kymber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Pictures would help. Is the inner shell missing? Just bare rough fiberglass?
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
You will need to give us more information. The Uhaul has a molded interior. Is this still intact or did they strip that too? Pix will help.

Most things are no longer available, but plenty of people here will help you with places where they found elements that work. You don't need Uhaul parts. Our stove is not Uhaul. Our table is not Uhaul.

Welcome to the Uhaul family. They will be piping up here soon with all kinds of ideas but all will ask for more information, so they know what help to provide.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
It's always a mystery to me why people butcher up these trailers!! This one sounds like a total rebuild by hand as there are really no parts available other than tail light conversions, and axle hubs. There are window alternatives and refits and there is plenty of info and experience on that here.I just hope this one doesn't become a "why did we buy this" purchase. Before you get too far into it, check that the frame and floor are OK. Good luck.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Striping a trailer is something we hear about often. I don't think most folks realize the amount of work involved in a complete rebuild. Those that do and go through completion do fabulous work. But, some just run out of steam. Sometimes at the very beginning.

Kim, let us know what you need. Remember, one thing at a time. Fix/replace then move on to the next thing. You'll need a feeling of accomplishment rather than overwhelmed.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #6

Missouri
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Pictures would help. Is the inner shell missing? Just bare rough fiberglass?
Eddie

The camper has no molded interior completely gutted. You can see the glue where there use to be something. They were going to make a toy hauler out of it but changed their minds. It does have some wood boards inside like something like something was attached to it.
Trying to make it as original as possible without modifying . Thank you Eddie for your reply .
Old 07-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #7

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
You will need to give us more information. The Uhaul has a molded interior. Is this still intact or did they strip that too? Pix will help.

Most things are no longer available, but plenty of people here will help you with places where they found elements that work. You don't need Uhaul parts. Our stove is not Uhaul. Our table is not Uhaul.

Welcome to the Uhaul family. They will be piping up here soon with all kinds of ideas but all will ask for more information, so they know what help to provide.

CindyL

TY CindyL Nothing left inside except a few boards where something was attached.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #8

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
It's always a mystery to me why people butcher up these trailers!! This one sounds like a total rebuild by hand as there are really no parts available other than tail light conversions, and axle hubs. There are window alternatives and refits and there is plenty of info and experience on that here.I just hope this one doesn't become a "why did we buy this" purchase. Before you get too far into it, check that the frame and floor are OK. Good luck.

Thank you for your relpy. MY hubby is really good at modifying. and I agree..why people butcher these trailers is just plain crazy !!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #9

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Striping a trailer is something we hear about often. I don't think most folks realize the amount of work involved in a complete rebuild. Those that do and go through completion do fabulous work. But, some just run out of steam. Sometimes at the very beginning.

Kim, let us know what you need. Remember, one thing at a time. Fix/replace then move on to the next thing. You'll need a feeling of accomplishment rather than overwhelmed.

Thank you Donna for your reply. I am sure there will be many more questions !
Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #10

Missouri
I have not taken any pics of the inside . trying to figure out how to download one from my computer without an http://
Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #11

Missouri
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymber View Post
I have not taken any pics of the inside . trying to figure out how to download one from my computer without an http://

I figured it out !!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #12

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I am not sure you will be able to make it original without the interior molding. I would simply look at making it into what you want, according to your taste and family needs. Any of the 13 foot renos on this forum will help you; they don't have to be Uhaul. In a way, you have a benefit that the rest of us don't have. The interior molding limits how we can modify/change our Uhauls.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #13

Missouri
Ty Cindy .... I am sure we will figure it out...may not be original but it will be Awesome!! Still trying to figure out how to download a pic..I tried but it didnt work LOL
Old 07-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #14

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I would think that completely removing the interior shell would cause structural weakness?? Building a new interior can take care of that.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob
I would think that completely removing the interior shell would cause structural weakness?? Building a new interior can take care of that.
Bob, recall that Companion campers were UHauls with no inner shell.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #16

Missouri
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Bob, recall that Companion campers were UHauls with no inner shell.

Tom what materials would you recommend building the inside shell ??
Old 07-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #17

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
New Interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymber View Post
Hi we recently purchased a 1985 uhaul fiberglass camper trailer. The inside has been totally gutted . I need to know where I can get the replacement parts for our camper. Is there a pre-molded kit I can buy for the inside? there is nothing on the walls ...totally bare. Thank you so much!!
--------------------------------------------------
U-MIRPS, the U-Haul molded interior replacement parts store, just closed on April 1st, what a bummer. (LOLOLOL)

One useful idea is to ask if anyone on this site has an egg with a wood construction interior, like the Lil' BigFoot and a few others, and lives in your area. If your husband can look one of those over and take some pics he can get an idea of what to build.

You can also look at the photobucket link in our For Sale ad (1994 Lil' BigFoot needs a new home) and get a few ideas from that.

(Sorry about the bad joke)

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #18

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
For authenticity, it looks like you're out of luck...but if what you're shooting for is fiberglass interiors as with the original, here's a total long shot:

Scamp sells almost all of its (molded fiberglass) interior fixtures separately....depending on the dimensions, some of those MIGHT fit your trailer. Link to page

Good luck!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #19

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymber

Tom what materials would you recommend building the inside shell ??
Most small FG campers are single shell and the internal closet and counter with overhead cupboards provide the structure. Generally this is made of molded fiberglass or wood. Some searches here will show you how others have done it.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #20

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Kim
Here is a picture of a S-13 Dlx. (wood interior) They tab in the supports to the walls and then attach the cabinets to the tabbed supports.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails
scamp tabing.jpg   roof tabing.jpg  

Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul