uhaul part - what's it called? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #1

Name: Melissa
Trailer: U Haul
Florida
uhaul part - what's it called?

Hi everyone. What a fabulous place this is!!!
I've been a proud FG owner for about 2 weeks so please forgive my ignorance. Where the halves of the outer shells are joined, running from stem to stern, there's a white rubber or vinyl strip covering the seam. Looks kind of like a water hose slit lengthwise, and it was caulked over the most main FG joint. It's flapping in the breeze and needs to be replaced.
What's it called? If i ask the RV parts guys for 16 feet half inch white exterior U seal, they're gunna look at me like a have 3 eyes.
Also, where it's loose, i see a slight gap between the two halves about 6" inches long, and 1/16th wide at the widest part. Does this need fixed? Should i slip some epoxy in the gap and clamp it overnight, or is this natural? Do i just fill it with caulk when i find 16 feet of what-ever-it's-called, and is latex caulking how it's usually attached? It's a uhaul and their aren't any rivets holding the two halves together, and i don't think i have a rivet gun. *shucks!*
I shoulda' made my sceen name "clueless"! LOL
Any guidance here? Please!
Meli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #2

Name: Melissa
Trailer: U Haul
Florida
Ya'll are quick! Questions are answered.
It's called TrimLok, and the small split should be filled with fiberglass resin, and the the TrimLok goes on with caulk.
Thank You, Thomas!
Meli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I had some leaks in the seam above the front window and sealed it with Proflex RV sealant. Easier than resin, but either will work
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:09 AM   #4

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
We are also on FB at "U-Haul Camper"

Melisa, we have a very active U-Haul Camper page on FB @ "U-Haul Camper".

It is a closed group so ask to be a member and we can approve you.

You might want to have some
thing posted on you FB page so we know you are actually interested.

Hope to see you at U-Haul Camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meli View Post
Hi everyone. What a fabulous place this is!!!
I've been a proud FG owner for about 2 weeks so please forgive my ignorance. Where the halves of the outer shells are joined, running from stem to stern, there's a white rubber or vinyl strip covering the seam. Looks kind of like a water hose slit lengthwise, and it was caulked over the most main FG joint. It's flapping in the breeze and needs to be replaced.
What's it called? If i ask the RV parts guys for 16 feet half inch white exterior U seal, they're gunna look at me like a have 3 eyes.
Also, where it's loose, i see a slight gap between the two halves about 6" inches long, and 1/16th wide at the widest part. Does this need fixed? Should i slip some epoxy in the gap and clamp it overnight, or is this natural? Do i just fill it with caulk when i find 16 feet of what-ever-it's-called, and is latex caulking how it's usually attached? It's a uhaul and their aren't any rivets holding the two halves together, and i don't think i have a rivet gun. *shucks!*
I shoulda' made my sceen name "clueless"! LOL
Any guidance here? Please!
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul