Boler frame cost ?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #21

Name: Huw
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
I spent a couple hours the other day trying to learn the difference between the two. The primary is what I read online.

Leaf Spring with axle:
Pros: Cheaper, Easier to work on, can replace parts, and large bumps/potholes are absorbed through wheel, spring, axle, and other wheel.

Cons: Can break down easier, do not have as long warranty, creates a bumper ride (no dampening), louder, more attention required

Torsion Half Axles (not full bar across):
Pros: Last longer, warranty is longer, smoother ride, less attention required

Cons: More expensive, cannot replace just 1 part need to replace whole unit, major potholes to wheel does not disperse energy through other channels.

In reality, one needs to asses what suits them. For me, Torsion axle it is, as I will use mine every other week or less. Using for bikes and toys it needs to be smooth.

There's much more to it if you spend the time, but that's the just of it all. Once you add the Axle and 2 leaf springs, its not a huge difference of price to 2 torsion axles.
hgwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
I always wondered why they don't put shocks on the leaf spring frames. Isn't like they don't make one that'll easily fit.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:34 PM   #23

Name: Jan
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
shocks really do dampen the ride with leaf springs. Since my frame has been repaired when I replace my torsion set up it will be with another torsion set up
Jan
Jan Dyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:05 PM   #24

Name: Huw
Ontario
Hi Merlen,

not to pester, but any luck you have the drawings available? I'm 90% done with getting the frame out from under the body and a new frame will be essential!

Thank you
hgwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #25

Name: Meryl
Trailer: 1975 Boler
British Columbia
I haven't had time to put on the computer, but if you DM me, i can send a picture of the hand drawing with the measurements.
Merlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #26

Name: Scott
Trailer: 1972 13FT Boler
AB
New frame for 13ft 1972 Boler

Hi guys and gals. Me and my wife recently bought a 1972 Boler for a wedding gift and we are wanting to replace the frame and axle. I spoke to Metro Centre in Winnipeg who builds them but I am wondering if anyone knows anyone in Alberta that can make them????

Thanks!
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:51 PM   #27

Name: Don
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlen View Post
I haven't had time to put on the computer, but if you DM me, i can send a picture of the hand drawing with the measurements.
Hi
I’m new to the forum. Could you please send me your drawings for the Boler frame?
BCinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:37 PM   #28

Name: Don
British Columbia
Very Interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlen View Post
Thanks for the compliments, the frame is for a 1972 13 ft. I'm planning to draw out my plans with all the measurements before i put the shell on the frame, I can post them if anyone is interested.
Would be great if you could post those.
BCinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:46 AM   #29

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCinU View Post
Would be great if you could post those.
He may see your post but he hasn't posted since 3-22-18
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:36 AM   #30

Name: Frank
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Arizona
Reviving a bit here, but I had a new frame built for my '75 Boler this winter. When the shop took the shell off the old frame, they discovered it was broken in 3 places. Yikes! I knew of 1 crack forming behind the drivers-side wheel, but was unaware of the other 2.

I went to a local RV/trailer repair shop that does welding; they took 1 look at the Boler and basically said "oh that'll be easy. should take a few hours when we've got a gap in our schedule." Scheduled a week to drop it off, and they had it done in a few days. My guess is there are many places like that around North America, though i might have just lucked out here in northern arizona.

New frame is stronger & added 200-300 pounds, but lifted the shell almost 10 inches for better clearance, added a 2" receiver on the back for a hitch-mounted bike rack, and cost about $1200 USD. It would have been under 1K if I lifted/reinstalled the shell myself.

It was well worth the cost IMHO. I'll get some pics up soon!
FlagstaffFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:59 PM   #31

Name: Marlys
South Carolina
Do you still have your specs for the Boler frame? We just got a 72. Frame has to be replaced. It has no floor. I would appreciate the info
MarlysM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler