Trillium Roof Problems - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #1

Name: paul
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Trillium Roof Problems

Hi all,

I just purchased a 1972 Trillium 13'. Overall it is in solid condition however part of the back roof section (about 1.5-2 ft. diameter) is dished and "pops" convex/concave. This may be a problem originating at manufacturing.

Does anyone know of this problem in other trailers... is it normal? How can it best be remedied?

Cheers, Paul
paul paquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:47 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to the forum Paul. I'm not 100% sure but I do believe some early TTs had a problem like that. Others will be along with better info.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
British Columbia
My Trillium is a very old one.

When I got it, the roof had 'dipped' in the front area (in front of the existing vent) and, in the back area there was a 'dip' of about an inch - plus a completely punctured area of about a square foot.

I shored the roof up on the inside. I sanded down all the multi-layers of paint, then the gel coat (which was deteriorating). I then cut strips of 1/4" maple plywood, used epoxy to glue them to the shell, on the outside. I then 'glassed over them with epoxy resin, light weight mat and cloth.

I did this on the outside because the ensolite had not been damaged on the interior and I wanted to keep it.

After I did this, removed the interior shoring, the roof has stayed the correct shape.
Trill136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ft
We have a 1979 Trillium 4500. The roof had sunk a bit between the door and the bathroom "wall" on the right hand side of the door. We custom shaped a wood support and just jammed it in place...no more problem, at least so far!
Bonnie Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:41 AM   #5

Name: paul
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min View Post
My Trillium is a very old one.

When I got it, the roof had 'dipped' in the front area (in front of the existing vent) and, in the back area there was a 'dip' of about an inch - plus a completely punctured area of about a square foot.

I shored the roof up on the inside. I sanded down all the multi-layers of paint, then the gel coat (which was deteriorating). I then cut strips of 1/4" maple plywood, used epoxy to glue them to the shell, on the outside. I then 'glassed over them with epoxy resin, light weight mat and cloth.

I did this on the outside because the ensolite had not been damaged on the interior and I wanted to keep it.

After I did this, removed the interior shoring, the roof has stayed the correct shape.
Thank you for your reply. Sounds like the fix I'm contemplating. Do you have any photos you could share?
paul paquette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium