Did some Boler come without the supports near the sink? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
Jon I would like to know the real story on that egg?
The phrase "This Boler collapse" is a clickable link to the original post. It is exactly what I said: heavy snow and the egg broke. It can happen. It's more likely in northern climes, but even here in my corner of AZ, we have experienced 3-4' of wet snow on rare occasions. I don't think it was ever mentioned whether that particular Boler had any galley supports, but many didn't, as this thread reveals. I am of the opinion that the galley support is a good thing.

P.S. OCD is an acquired condition resulting from watching too many episodes of Monk...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
I am the dark here who or what is a monk?
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #23

Missouri
Jon I have seen pictures of A-Liners imploded but I am not a witness to that! Someone could have spread all the parts out and tried to sue them trust but verify.
Heard that one?
Old 10-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #24

Missouri
Jon if I can get my back to stop hurting I am going to finish putting a new countertop on my Scamp! I am sort of parked here for a few until the percoset kicks in. I like it but I am not to the dreaming stage yet!
Old 10-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #25

Name: Danny
Trailer: Boler
New Brunswick
We have a 1988 Boler and it has no supports on the sink/refrigerator side of the trailer - and there are no marks/holes where a support may have been.
Danny and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #26

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Trillium 1979 13ft.
Ontario
Registry
Support

I painted mine white and hardly notice it. Beats that nasty-looking black look! 13 footers never had supports on fridge/stove side. I think 17 footers did, though... And...no support can result in bulging out of shell, evident when top and bottom of door sticks out from body opening.
Butsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #27

Name: Mel
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th wheel
Nova Scotia
Cabinet and roof supports

My late model 16ft. Scamp side dinette has a white one sink side, and my 19ft. 5th wheel Scamp has a well repainted black one at the end of the sink, and another repainted black support on the end of the stove one. I love them "all". :-)
Mel Comeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #28

Name: Drew A
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
I have a '73 and a '76 and neither one have or show signs of ever having the cupboard support bracket.
revyboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:27 AM   #29

Missouri
support

I took the nasty looking thing out!!

bob
Old 10-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #30

Name: Jan
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
nothing on my 73 no holes to show it was there. Just the center pole between the sink and stove. When I find what I want I will add a support to both ends
Jan
Jan Dyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #31

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
I thought I read a year or so back that these are structural supports and not to take them out. Mine are square chrome tubes so will check if they have electrical wires in them. Thinking of taking them out and putting in a shallow wooden frame with shelves for spices and kitchen items at the sink end.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #32

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Dyke View Post
nothing on my 73 no holes to show it was there. Just the center pole between the sink and stove. When I find what I want I will add a support to both ends
Jan
What looks like a pole between the sink and stove on mine is an air vent and has no structural value.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #33

Name: Greg
Trailer: 1977 17' Boler
Saskatchewan
Chrome supoorts on a 17' Boler. Well I learned the hard way as to how hard it was to replace the chrome support square tube that goes from the upper shelf down to the countertop near my stove. I usually slow down a lot when crossing railroad tracks. The old girl id 41 this year and she needs care. This one time I did not slow down as I had traffic behind me and this really didn't permit me to slow down as much as I wanted to do. As I crossed the tracks at 60 mph, the tracks were unusually deep and no wood planking or rubber matting to soften the transition across the rails. Wow. The trailer kinda took a hit. Pulled over at the next town to assess the damage if any. I found the door kinda hard to open. Unusual for sure. Opened the door to find the chrome support tube on the floor. Well that is not good. Should be easy to fix. Oh ya not so much. After placing the tube under the upper shelf and down to the edge of the conter, that roof really needed to go up quite aways. I tried to lift by hand and shoulder . Nope. New idea. Placed a towel on the counter as not to scratch it and took a car screw jack and the placed a length of 2 x 4 on top of the jack and under the self. With only two hands holding it all in place and scewing the jack up was tricky to say the least. A woman would have managed better. I could not believ how much pressure it took to lift this to right height to place the chrome support bar back in place. You could really feel the tension. Lower the jack and all was good. The door opened and shut properly after and I have never had this happen again.

I keep the 2 x 4 in one of the storage compartments just incase and I slow down for all rail crossings.

Greg Boler77
Boler77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #34

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
I have a late 80s boler (don't know the exact age or birthdate) and it does not have supports. No evidence it ever did. I have been planning on making some but haven't yet. And yes I can get lots of snow build up even in Southern Ontario, but I keep my baby warm and cozy in my garage. Only time I regret that is when I have to clear the snow off of my wife's car!
Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #35

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I am a Trillium guy, take what I say with a grain of salt. I have 13 foot and 15 foot Trilliums. Both versions have a back splash on the kitchen that attaches to the upper cabinet. I think that helps to provide support for the roof along the outside wall. But, there are no supports further out. The trolley roof on the 13 foot units is about an inch taller and a foot and a half shorter then the 15 foot version. All of my 15 foot trailers sag over the kitchen. I plan to add supports to both ends of the kitchen.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #36

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Our '79 Boler does have them. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180125_185340_Film3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	116294Click image for larger version

Name:	20180204_171200_Film3.jpg