Good Sam question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-29-2017, 10:15 AM   #21

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripple View Post
I have Good Sam's replacement coverage on my 2014 Lil Snoozy, which I bought used in 2016,
The trailer was totaled in a wreck last month, and Good Sam is giving me the full replacement cost of a new Snoozy. If I don't buy a new trailer they will give me about 50% , which is the depreciated value of a "regular" 3 year old trailer. I will probably be a Good Sam customer for life now. I have 6 months to decide on a replacement trailer (it does not have to be a Snoozy).
While I'm glad the insurance company worked fairly with you on replacing your trailer, it has very little to do with roadside assistance. Do you have any experiences or input about that? By the way, Good Sam does market insurance coverage, but they are not the underwriter. I have "Good Sam" insurance on my trailer for example, but the insurer is actually Progressive.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:07 PM   #22

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Good Sam Road Service covers your tow vehicle and trailer on all their plans. They tow to the nearest facility that can work on your vehicle not just the nearest gas station place. The more expensive plan covers more than one RV like I have a trailer and motor home. Before I had 2 RV's they covered everything I had. I have used them several times for breakdowns and a blown tire.
Any GSRA purchaser should be aware that sometimes the "nearest facility" turns out to be one that cannot get to your rig right away or some such, and if you try to get Good Sam to pay for the rig to be taken anywhere else, you'll be unsuccessful. Some folks don't know this and they get mighty upset when GS won't pay to have them taken to the 'more sensible' location the owner would have preferred.

I prefer to just pay my own way (no special roadside coverage), so I can choose who tows my rig and to where. So far, I've probably saved hundreds of dollars (if not maybe a couple thousand) by not buying that coverage.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #23

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Worst part of Good Sam is the non-stop, continual junk mail they send you. I'm pretty tired of getting mailings from them almost every week, pushing one thing or another.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:50 PM   #24

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Yup. And, you're not complaining that they didn't tow your trailer when you weren't covered for that.
They would have towed the trailer had it been on the vehicle. Good Sam covers and tows the tow vehicle and trailer.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp