LED light conversion Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #21

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Trailer Wiring Diagrams

Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #22

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Looking for my wire diagram that came with my Princess Auto lights but cant seem to find it right now. Maybe a trip to PA is in order to get the diagram that should have been in the package.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:56 AM   #23

Trailer: 76 Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultidave View Post
Hi,

All. I have the 3 wire LED from PA but i can't seem to get it working.

I can get the running light and turn signal working but not the break? I need some help before I push my Boler into heavy traffic lol.

I know for sure the black off the light is ground

Black = white on trailer check! ground works

The Red and Green I am not so sure.

I have a 4 pin harness. On the trailer itself there are 2 lights at the back.

The one light seems to do the brake, light and turn. The other which only has 1 wire to it seems to just make the light brighter. Whenever I plug this in i can get it lighter but still no brake light?

What can I do? Anythoughts on why the brake just cuts the light out?

Does it make a difference that I am only working on 1 side of the trailer? Should I pull both lights and do them at the same time?
I have a similar yet opposite issue. I'm replacing my old lights with the new LED's that are from Princess Auto.

I used a light tester to test each connection at the light fixture side and I'm getting power to both Tail and brake/signal wires.

However, when everything is hooked up with the LED lights installed my tail lights(running lights don't work) but signals and brakes work. In addition my marker lights work when the headlights are on. The marker lights and tail lights are hooked up on the same power.

I'm puzzled? What could cause the tail light of the LED not to work, when I know there is power running to them and they are on the same circuit as the marker lights which work?

Is this a poor ground issue? If so, why would the marker lights work?
khoa l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #24

I should also add that when my headlights are on, and I am trying to use signal or brake, the replacement LED lights don't work at all..strange.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
LEDs are polarized. It matters which side is connected to + and which is connected to the -.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
LEDs are polarized. It matters which side is connected to + and which is connected to the -.
Yes, but I'm not sure what you mean in terms of polarity. I have isolated what is ground, what is the tail light wire and what is the turn/brake wire by using a light tester from the trailer wires.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:59 AM   #27

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Try your light just on a 12v source first, ground the wire you think is ground, place the other wires on one at a time to the positive, if they light up, you have the correct polarity sorted, and the wiring problem would be in the trailer end
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MacDonald View Post
Try your light just on a 12v source first, ground the wire you think is ground, place the other wires on one at a time to the positive, if they light up, you have the correct polarity sorted, and the wiring problem would be in the trailer end

After 3 days of following wires from inside/outside the boler (part time), I have solved it.

It looked like the tail light and ground were mixed up. After swapping, I know have running lights, turn and brake. Thank god. Leaving for a week of camping tonight.

thanks all.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #29

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Like how the 7 pin gives a backup light wire, now just have to add the lights to the back still looking for a backup light the fits the look of the boler tail light to be placed just below it.

Tags
boler, led lights, light, tail lights