Play Pack - Project? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Accross town there is a Play Pack sitting in a guys drive-way. I inquired about it a couple years back and he said it was gutted inside and he used it as a storage trailer. I was considering making him an offer on it and starting it as a new restoration project. Does anyone have any idea wat it may be worth as a gutted shell? It looks the the glass is in really good shape. I think a window or two are broken and maybe the door is in not too good shape. But I hate to see it sitting like that. What is one that is in decent shape and not gutted sell for?

thank you!
David Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #2

Name: Ian
Trailer: Predom Captain
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Accross town there is a Play Pack sitting in a guys drive-way. I inquired about it a couple years back and he said it was gutted inside and he used it as a storage trailer. I was considering making him an offer on it and starting it as a new restoration project. Does anyone have any idea wat it may be worth as a gutted shell? It looks the the glass is in really good shape. I think a window or two are broken and maybe the door is in not too good shape. But I hate to see it sitting like that. What is one that is in decent shape and not gutted sell for?

thank you!
Hi there David:
They are fairly rare trailers, as they were only produced for
3 model years. (1971-1973).
That being said, if it is all stripped out, and just a shell,
I would imagine in the mid hundreds for it, certainly less than $1000?

Just a guess, but would seem fair, considering it would pretty much be a
complete new build.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
I agree start at $500.00 then go up.
If you get it post photos.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think the starting point should be "what is it worth to you to have it"?

Yep, you can always go up in your offer ...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #5

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
If he's just using it as storage - consider offering to buy (and install) a storage shed for him + plus a little more as a carrot.
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
David,

If the owner is willing to part with it, and you decide to pass... lemme know. I'm interested!
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #7

Quote:
David,

If the owner is willing to part with it, and you decide to pass... lemme know. I'm interested!
I don't know anything about these. When I was looking for a Scamp I ask the guy about it, that was 2+ years ago. I was hoping to put some elbow grease into it and make someone a good FGRV. But it is likely more than I have skills for. But if nothing else would be nice to see it used instead of rotting... I will let you know if I can get it.

Can someone who has one of these post some interior pictures? I have no idea what they are like inside how they layout from the factory. It would be fun to get to do a complete renovation on a rig I wasn't trying to use every weekend... Be some good experience for me!

Thank you all for the information!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #8

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Play Pac Inventor's Thread

Play Pac Search

These should get you started. I bought my PP gutted. I spent a bit more than what's been suggested. I love the little darling and think I made a deal.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Play Pac Inventor's Thread

Play Pac Search

These should get you started. I bought my PP gutted. I spent a bit more than what's been suggested. I love the little darling and think I made a deal.

That is really cool!

-----------------------
Old 03-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #10

Ok I caught the owner home today.... I got a closer look. it says on the id tag. "leocraft industries"

Someone cut open the back end and converted it into a mini toy hauler. Problem is that they used plywood and 4x4's to do it. but the shell is in rather ok shape other than that. I made him an offer and he is considering it. anyone have a guess on what it is?it looks like a Play Pack but not quite. he said it is gutted, but it sounds like the cabinetry maybe still mostly there. I am not sure if the man door on the left side is factory or not. I will get some pictures tomorrow..

thank you!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #11

It is a Ventura....

Is it worth anything?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:33 AM   #12

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
me again. The question to ask is, is it what you want? The Ventura is also rather rare in eggland. With the breezeway in the back, will you be happy with it? Alternately, do you have the skills or the gumption to redo the fiberglass? Do you want to? Pictures would help in the discussion, I think.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #13

Quote:
me again. The question to ask is, is it what you want? The Ventura is also rather rare in eggland. With the breezeway in the back, will you be happy with it? Alternately, do you have the skills or the gumption to redo the fiberglass? Do you want to? Pictures would help in the discussion, I think.

All good questions... I do have most of the skills. I cut my teeth on my Scamp 13 . I like the wide body of this trailer too. I would mostly be interested in restoring it to sell. Not so much for a profit as I hate to see it rotting away. I would sell it to one of my family members to use. But if its not worth the effort... I guess thats the question?... I am a lot less enthusiastic about it after closer inspection. I don't have any idea what kind of options these things had, years they were made, where they were made... Etc. I mistakenly thought it was a Play Pack. I was excited because those apparently are pretty cool rigs. This thing is kind of an oddity for sure. Next time I drive by it, I will snap some pictures. If the inside is at all intact I might pick it up anyhow. It would make a fun project none the less.

Thank you for your opinion, I find it valuable!

Tags
play–pac