SOLD - 1982 16' Fiber Stream for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
He wants $3900, without a fridge or cushions.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/1072177575.html

I suspect it is the same one sold last week for $150

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=33992
Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 1994 Lite House
some people have all the luck finding these deals. then they ruin the fun by trying to make a fast buck
Old 03-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Just for the record it is not me that is selling the Fiber Stream the second time around if in fact it is the same trailer. I merely placed the Craigslist ad in the referral section. That said, I don't fault the guy for trying to make some money, again, if it's the same trailer.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
Quote:
He wants $3900, without a fridge or cushions.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/1072177575.html

I suspect it is the same one sold last week for $150

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=33992
No, this Fiber Stream is Steve Lang's, which is registered here.

I got to look at it this afternoon and decided it isn't for me, but that's because I don't want another project -- I want a trailer that's pretty much ready to take out and start camping.

Steve has replaced the springs and linkages with what looked to me to be good stuff. The joints have Zerk nipples which make lubrication an easy task. He also cleaned up, refurbished, and buffed out the outside. He has painted the whole frame with rustoleum and things look pretty good there. The only two things that I saw that impacted its roadability are the age of the tires and some of the rain gutters over the windows are missing their screws. Personally, I wouldn't trust the tires at highway speeds, and I'd hate to have some of the aluminum rain gutters start working themselves loose in the slipstream. The tires are a mere matter of money and the time to get new ones mounted, and the screws in the rain gutters are easily replaced. One just needs to allow the time for these items before hooking up and driving off.

The project part is the inside -- the fabric-covered wood paneling for the ceiling and sides is in serious need of replacement, the cushions and carpet are goners, and, as he says in the ad, there is no refrigerator.

For someone that wants a Fiber Stream to refurbish to its original condition, this one could be ideal because it has not been hacked up in any way.

For someone that wants a fiberglass shell and good running gear to remodel to their heart's content, this could fill the bill.

But for someone that wants to drive the trailer from Steve's driveway to a camping spot, this trailer is not appropriate.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #5

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Name:   3m83o03l4ZZZZZZZZZ93j12560e07aedf1ac2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  7.0 KB
Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream 16 ft
Thanks Dana,

I appreciate your input regarding my Fiber Stream.....
I really enjoyed having you and your wife come over to take a look.

It's amazing what stories people can come up with while sitting in front of a computer all day.

The key points you brought up I'd be happy to correct for any buyer.

I have replaced all the screws on the rain gutters with new Stainless Steel screws except for one and can do that in minutes as I have the screws already.

If a serious buyer wants to make a deal, I'll get good tires mounted for them and have it ready to roll safely.

I have posted it on Craig's list for $3600.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #7

All original 1982 Fiber Stream, not modified.

listed at $3600.

New Springs, Bushings, Hubs and Brakes.

Fiberglass in great shape.
Has original rear bumper.
new running lights.
new dump tube.
Current DMV registration!

Needs a little TLC on inside. Was missing refrigerator when I got it. cushions are there but tired.
All the easy stuff left for you!

As discussed on another thread, the tires have tread but should be replaced for a long haul. I'd be happy to facilitate this for a serious buyer.

Pictures available.

Steve
Costa Mesa, CA
Attached Thumbnails
fiber_stream_small.jpg  
Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hello,
I am in Oceanside.
I would like to know some of the history on the trailer.
How long have you had it?
What still needs to be done?
What is the length from bumper to tongue?
Is this one of the Fiberstreams that was purchased in SoCal recently within the past year or so? There were two of them that sold.
Thank you.
M
Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #9

Mitchell, if you click on Steve's name you will get a drop-down list of options. Choose "Find Member's Posts" and you will see Steve's earlier posts, including the info of who he bought it from, how long ago, and other info about the history of this trailer.

Also, by looking at the other posts in the threads that Steve's posts appear in you will learn what Steve and others believe still needs to be done.

The advantage of this method is that it is archived info that is not easily changed or forgotten. I'm not impugning Steve's honesty -- personally I think he's a straight-shooter -- but when you are dealing with someone you don't know you may be less certain of the veracity of their comments as compared to an archive not under their direct control.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #10

Oh yeah -- Steve's ad is on craigslist at http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/1098837617.html

You will probably get more immediate response by using the email address or phone number posted in that ad.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #11

This Fiber Stream has been sold.

Tags
fiber stream