Fiberstream Help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Fiber Stream
Fiberstream Help

Have inside almost finished, now starting to work on outside. We also have lots of rusting screw head all different size and shape and are wanting to replace them with cap screws. Worried that the things they are holding will sag. Going to replace them one at a time. Any suggestions on size and head. Need to order screws and am going with a off white as trailer has slightly yellowed. We are now an "Eggshell White."
How do We know which Amp hookup we need when we do get ready to go on the road? This is our first, so there are lots of dumb questions. Thanks All.
Thelma D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #2

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Minnesota
I just replaced some screws on the outside of my scamp that had rusted. I figured that Stainless would be the way to go and instead of using the caps I just put some sealer around the hole before putting the screw in. I would take one of the old screws to a hardware store and tell them what you need it for and they should help you out.

Also, the screws I got are sainless #8 pan screws (You will want to get a length that matches what you had before) with the head painted white. These are pretty common at an old school HW store.
kev_ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelma D View Post
How do We know which Amp hookup we need when we do get ready to go on the road? This is our first, so there are lots of dumb questions. Thanks All.
Thelma if your trailer is currently 30 amp you will find most campgrounds have 30amp so you will not need anything. You should carry with you though a 30 amp to 15 Amp plug end (the same as what you would use if you plugged the trailer in at home) on the off chance you camp someplace that they only has 15 amp. Having said that I once stayed at a place with only 50 amp so needed a 50 to 30 amp plug end - that was a number of years ago and thats the only time I ever needed it. There pretty cheap and handy to have both should you ever need them.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberstream