Ladner BC: Inspection on SurfSide? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #1

Name: Rachie D.
Trailer: Shopping...
British Columbia
Ladner BC: Inspection on SurfSide?

Hi Community!
We are looking for an expert (or fiberglass hobbyist) in the Ladner, BC area to help us inspect a '78 surfside we would like to purchase. I have
attached some pics. It appears in good shape, but we are new to this! We are hoping someone can give us a general run through, help us test the lines, find the problem spots and provide some cost estimate for what needs to be fixed.

Any recommendations?
Thanks! Rachie D.
Attached Thumbnails
surfside exterior1.jpg   surfside interior2.jpg  

Rachie D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 86 Cadet
I dont know of any experts in the 604 but you might try phoning one of the repair places and seeing if they could help or direct you to somebody. Maybe call Travco in Burnaby at 430-1551 and see what they say
daveterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #3

British Columbia
Thanks Dave! After talking to a TLC Mobile guy I don't think we are going to go through with the purchase. The seller is asking way too much for a trailer that needs alot of work before we can even use it. Back to our search...
Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Can go check it for you

I can go have a "boo" at it if you want. My son has a "Smurfside" front kitchen unit, and my buddy has a side kitchen one like the one pictured, so we have a degree of familiarity with them
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #5

British Columbia
Ah, thanks Dave! After some back and forthing, we are going to get the TLC guy to go and have a look at it. The seller has said he'll come down in price, depending on what work needs to be done...we'll see what happens!
I haven't been able to find any Rallies in BC. do you know of any or where they are listed?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie D. View Post
I haven't been able to find any Rallies in BC. do you know of any or where they are listed?
There is one at "Sons of Norway" campground in Mission coming up soon (June 21 - 24) , and one in Osoyoos, June 1-2 for Escape trailers but it seems that all brands of F/G are apparently welcome (I think ?) . Contact Escape industries for details on that one

Some are listed on this forum under the section headed
Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded meets (upcoming)
There's even a Rally map showing where they are!

It is NOT in chrono order, but in order that they were posted so it may take a bit of digging to find the ones you want.
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie D. View Post
We would be happy to have you come out to the Nor-west Glass Egg Meet to be held June 21-24 at the Sons of Norway campground near Mission. We will be holding only one meet this year and this is it - over 50 trailers registered so far.
Check out our Facebook page for a link to the registration or send me a PM for more info.

Carol
Wagon Master
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside