First glorified tent 72 surfside - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: Surfside
British Columbia
First glorified tent 72 surfside

Just picked this trailer up in brooks Alberta. The plan is for it to be my home base for work in Alberta so if any one has great tips on how to set these trailers up for really really really reeeeeeeally cold nights any tips or links to good threads would be greatly appreciated! Would love to do a full reno on this but that kinda time is not in the cards.... Just going to fix it up good enough until i'm ready for retirement I think haha!
PeterWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Peter, you will need to give us more information, like is this home base going to be traveling about, or plugged in at a fixed stationary spot? If stationary and connected to power, I would recommend heating with an electric heater or two, and keep the storage doors open to allow the heat to keep the water system from freezing and to allow the heat to get into the storage areas. I would also use reflextic insulation panels in the windows and some up in the roof vents. If you will be moving around frequently and needing to use the propane to heat , you should get another tank, as you will be going through them in about 3 days, but your battery will need recharging every day.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: Surfside
British Columbia
Thanks Dave! I will be moving around a bit as our work moves (clearing a power line right of way) but we would be moving once a week at most... I am pretty sure that my truck does not charge my battery system and I am going to have to figure out how to make that possible, and was thinking about getting a small generator if we cannot find a place to plug in. Still new to all this thanks for the speedy reply!
PeterWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I like it. Do you have any interior shots?

At first I thought that was some huge antenna on the back. But, I see it is a power pole.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking His power problem is solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I like it. Do you have any interior shots?

At first I thought that was some huge antenna on the back. But, I see it is a power pole.
See, Dave, Peter has his own power pole! No problem keeping it warm inside. LOL

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside