Trillium 1300 door issues - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 09:28 AM   #1

Name: Thomas
Trailer: Trillium 1300 1973
Alberta
Trillium 1300 door issues

Hello, I am new to FGRV but have often come across posts when searching for information about Trilliums.
I have just bought a 1973 1300 and want to get the door working better. It seems that the hinge side of the trailer wall is 'weak' and can move in and out with hand pressure. Is this normal? When the door closes the top and bottom just push away from the frame as there is not a lot of strength to help push the door closed.
I will try to get some photos soon, I am new to the forum and will have to figure how to upload from the phone to this site.
Also, does anyone know where to find the t-strip for covering the gap in the ensolite joints? I have searched the web and found several pictures from China!! I think Richelieu makes it too, just not sure what size fits. It has all been removed from this Trillium and looks bare without it.
Tom Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:06 AM   #2

Name: Larry
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
Welcome Tom,

Try this link for the T-strip. Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister

Larry
Larry Engelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #3

Alberta
Issues

Thanks Larry
It looks like he has some, I will call him.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:06 PM   #4

Name: Randy J.
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Well, the trailer wall on our 1976 Tril doesn't move at all with the movement of the door, at least not perceptibly. If it is just this side that moves and there is no obvious damage to the exterior body shell, I might look at that vertical pillar just inside the door on the hinge side. Try pushing from the outside with the door open while watching the pillar for signs of bending. If it seems wonky it should be easy enough to peel back the lining enough to have a good look. Some reinforcement might be needed.

Randy
Randy J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:21 PM   #5

Alberta
Door issues

There doesn't really seem to be a pillar, only the bit that is behind the hinges. That does not go nearly far enough to strengthen the wall. I want to do photo but have not found the button yet
Old 05-31-2016, 02:22 PM   #6

Alberta
door issues

Well I can't seem to figure out how to 'easily' post photos yet, But anyhow
yes with the door open 90 degrees I can grasp it and move the whole side of the trailer in and out. Or just grab the wall by the hinge and move it in and out.
So it looks like it needs a reinforcement glued into the fiberglass all the way down that side, top to bottom (top of seat)

Tags
trillium