My Casita Vlog - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 01:04 AM   #1

Name: Bex
Trailer: Casita
California
My Casita Vlog

I just bought a 1985 Casita 13' a little over a week ago. I've been doing some video blogging of my experience getting her ready for some epic adventuring! If you are interested, below are the links.

Casita Dolce Casa - Vlog #2
https://youtu.be/FiN8zO_sFdU

Casita Dolce Casa - Vlog #1
https://youtu.be/riOKTMNHu4A

I also did a post from Scamp Camp! Most of the campers there were Casita's! It was a fun time! While there, I shot a short video of a few other campers owned by others. They include a 19 foot 5th wheel Scamp, a Little Joe by WiesCraft, and a new 2015 Casita Independence.
https://youtu.be/XxP8AqKRUeE
rebeccasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:01 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I really enjoyed all of your videos as you did a really good job. Couldn't believe Petey is 13 years old though. What an adorable dog and I am normally a "big" dog person only. Is he a Maltese? I'm not good at identifying smaller breeds.

It was great seeing inside all the units. So much variety. And, your unit, I could not believe it was a 1985 as it looked great.

I think we all know how expensive your area of the country is too. That is so unbelievable to someone like me that lives in the midwest. My son went out to CA with the military and he was just blown away by the prices of everything. He said "Cheap bread like we get at home for a $1.00 is $4.00 a loaf here!".

I am certainly look forward to following your travels. Enjoy!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:29 AM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
We all appreciate your son's service and thank him for that, but he may need to find a different place to shop. Prices aren't that bad. Here's this weeks sample. See page 5 for bread.
http://staterbros.com/TopMenu/Weekly-Ad.aspx

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
We all appreciate your son's service and thank him for that, but he may need to find a different place to shop. Prices aren't that bad. Here's this weeks sample. See page 5 for bread.
http://staterbros.com/TopMenu/Weekly-Ad.aspx
My son & family just got moved to Fort Bragg, NC. She and the kids desperately want to go back to CA though which isn't making the transition easy. He is an LTC but very frugal. He was about 30 minutes from Disneyland. I don't know CA very well. He is full-time active reserve.

He gets his frugality from mom so that is why I am searching for a molded fiberglass trailer and this vlog with a 1985 Casita really speaks to my frugal side.

The Scamp Deluxe just always holds it beauty too with natural wood. The Little Joe, it was neat to see someone actually in one and know their height although I am an adult child and two big dogs from considering that. It was also my first look inside of a Casita Independence Deluxe and I liked that too. I am better off with limited choices. At some moment, I'll just decide, maybe put the names in a hat and draw one since I have not really established one to be considered superior to the other with all things considered or easier yet, something comes up locally.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:11 PM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
I really enjoyed all of your videos as you did a really good job. Couldn't believe Petey is 13 years old though. What an adorable dog and I am normally a "big" dog person only. Is he a Maltese? I'm not good at identifying smaller breeds.

It was great seeing inside all the units. So much variety. And, your unit, I could not believe it was a 1985 as it looked great.

I think we all know how expensive your area of the country is too. That is so unbelievable to someone like me that lives in the midwest. My son went out to CA with the military and he was just blown away by the prices of everything. He said "Cheap bread like we get at home for a $1.00 is $4.00 a loaf here!".

I am certainly look forward to following your travels. Enjoy!
Thanks Cathy! Yes, Petey is a Maltese. He's a sweetie!

Most of the cost of living here in the bay area is housing. Most other things cost the same, which is weird, since so much produce comes from here. An avocado costs the same here as in Portland. But when you're forced to earn a six figure salary as a single person just to afford rent, it's a little over the top. The rent for a one bedroom in a newer unit (less than 10 years) in my town starts at $3000 a month. My complex is at least 30 years old, so it's a little cheaper, but not much.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #6

It's all relative. We live in KS, a city of 25,000 people, so the cost of living is low but so are the wages although when I had watched those house flipping shows long ago, a $300,000 house before fix-up would probably be $40,000 here and less in some of the outlying areas. A great deal? No, we are losing population.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #7

California
Well, I've been traveling for nearly 5 months and have been some fantastic places. I recently posted three videos from my trip to the Olympic National Park.

Casita Dulce Casa Vlog #20 - part I
https://youtu.be/Qnf6ey-qeBI

Casita Dulce Casa Vlog #21 - part II
https://youtu.be/PL-mJYylz1Y

Casita Dulce Casa Vlog #22 - part III
https://youtu.be/7Onzyo-mq34

I'll be staying in the bay area for the foreseeable future. Looking to get another $@#.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #8

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Hi Bex

Loved the videos. Good job indeed. Found your "walk thru" of the various trailers at the Oregon gathering really insightful and caused us to re-think and change our mind about many things.

Hope you get to go out on the road again sometime, even if it is just for long weekends, etc.
Best regards
bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:13 PM   #9
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
...And then you met Gina and me (and Skip), on Hurricane Ridge (after the end of #22).

We drove down the way you came up, although we only had a day to do it; just passing through. Love seeing in your videos, what we missed: we will be back!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #10

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
Hi Bex

Loved the videos. Good job indeed. Found your "walk thru" of the various trailers at the Oregon gathering really insightful and caused us to re-think and change our mind about many things.

Hope you get to go out on the road again sometime, even if it is just for long weekends, etc.
Best regards
Thanks so much! I do intend to be out, somewhere close, just about every weekend I'm not working. I'm just too addicted to this way of life to stop. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
...And then you met Gina and me (and Skip), on Hurricane Ridge (after the end of #22).

We drove down the way you came up, although we only had a day to do it; just passing through. Love seeing in your videos, what we missed: we will be back!
Ha ha, YES!! It was such a pleasure to meet all of you! Definitely go back when you get the chance. The coast was so wonderful. I could easily have spent a week there.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:55 AM   #11

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
We were VERY interested in a Casita 16, but we'd never seen one and given that I couldn't find or may have overlooked that the 16 is not like the 17 in head room, I would have been very disappointed to buy one and THEN find out. Your video at the Oregon gathering where you focused strongly on head room was so very, very insightful and caused us a lot of re-thinking. Thanks so much.
bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #12

California
So glad you found it useful. When I was looking into buying a camper, I found very few videos about them, so I was hoping others would find my little walkthroughs helpful. FYI, the newer 16' Scamps (2006 and newer) have more headroom than the 16' Casitas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
We were VERY interested in a Casita 16, but we'd never seen one and given that I couldn't find or may have overlooked that the 16 is not like the 17 in head room, I would have been very disappointed to buy one and THEN find out. Your video at the Oregon gathering where you focused strongly on head room was so very, very insightful and caused us a lot of re-thinking. Thanks so much.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:30 PM   #13

California
I recently visited America's newest National Park, Pinnacles. I hiked through a talus cave and met a guy with a huge antenna. It was a wonderful weekend and was really the highlight of my rather terrible year so far.

https://youtu.be/YAx0oZjx62U
Old 03-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #14

California
I recently went to Death Valley. It was a wonderful trip and I had the incredible luck to be there during a super bloom where the flowers were just about exploding everywhere. Here are links to parts 1 & 2. I still have one more to go. I hope you enjoy!

Part I
https://youtu.be/4bEiNC2umvw

Part II
https://youtu.be/tK_EgzVzc5Y
Old 03-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #15

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Bex, I've gone through and enjoyed your videos over the last few weeks. You have really progressed in your filming and editing! Oregon has moved way up on my "where to camp" list because of your vlog. Please keep them coming!
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Thanks for the videos Bex! Very well done, gives us a good idea of these places. Terrific editing.
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:57 PM   #17

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol and Mike View Post
Bex, I've gone through and enjoyed your videos over the last few weeks. You have really progressed in your filming and editing! Oregon has moved way up on my "where to camp" list because of your vlog. Please keep them coming!
Thank you so much. I'm definitely trying to make better videos and enjoy sharing my journeys. And yes, Oregon is most certainly worth a visit. Wonderful state parks and lots and lots to see. I'll be spending more time there in the future, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Nowak View Post
Thanks for the videos Bex! Very well done, gives us a good idea of these places. Terrific editing.
Thanks, Tony. I appreciate the feedback.

I recently spent a week boondocking in the Alabama Hills of California. Really beautiful place. Worth a visit.

Alabama Hills, California - Part 1
https://youtu.be/y2x2tSP3beM

Alabama Hills, California - Part 2
https://youtu.be/hAI8qvJKWRI
Old 03-16-2016, 07:10 AM   #18

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Just wanted to add my endorsement. Bex's videos are very well done, and getting better all the time. I've been forced to add several destiations to my travel plans as a result of her! Even some places I've been to already - I realized I missed so much either because of the time of year I was there, or because I didn't do enough exploring.

Keep 'em coming Bex.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:51 AM   #19

We caught up on 3 or 4 yesterday and the footage was awesome. What I also really like is that Bex has a lot of information, history and such, that really enhances the vlog. We have never been past the AZ desert in the West so everything in the vlog is just all new and very interesting to us.

Thank you, Bex, for "taking us along" on your journey.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #20

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
Just wanted to add my endorsement. Bex's videos are very well done, and getting better all the time. I've been forced to add several destiations to my travel plans as a result of her! Even some places I've been to already - I realized I missed so much either because of the time of year I was there, or because I didn't do enough exploring.

Keep 'em coming Bex.
Ha ha! I can't imagine a better compliment than someone altering their travel plans to visit a place in my video. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
We caught up on 3 or 4 yesterday and the footage was awesome. What I also really like is that Bex has a lot of information, history and such, that really enhances the vlog. We have never been past the AZ desert in the West so everything in the vlog is just all new and very interesting to us.

Thank you, Bex, for "taking us along" on your journey.
Thank you for watching. California is just so wonderful, sometimes the scenery just makes the vlog without me. I have been to Nevada and Arizona a few times and love it. Will definitely be making a trip out there again.

Tags
casita