FL SOLD 1994 Casita Liberty Deluxe $6500.00 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #1

Name: Ben
Trailer: Shopping
Florida
SOLD 1994 Casita Liberty Deluxe $6500.00

Selling our 94 Casita Liberty Deluxe. It has been reconditioned. Laminate flooring, Converted to all Electric only, Changed to porta potty. Located near Tampa, St. Petersburg. A/C works. Tires/battery about two years old. Most external feed throughs replaced. Cushions recovered. Added cushion to be able to make a full Queen in addition to the (small) twins, double, King. Pictures will be sent via email
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8310.jpg   IMG_8314.jpg  

IMG_8345.jpg   IMG_8334.jpg  

Old 06-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #2

Florida
Additional info

When we purchased this casita the original Refrigerator had failed and was replaced with an apartment refrigerator. It is permanently installed and trimmed out in oak. The two burner stove did not work and it was removed to provide counter space. This provides the ability to use our induction cooktop or portable camp stove. Also the drain on the toilet was broken out of the tank - the tank is only available from SCAMP ($520.00). That tank hold 10 gallons and the port potty holds 5. The old toilet requires water from the utility supply or from your onboard tanks. We decided the porta potty provided more flexibility on where it can be dumped and liked that it had its own water supply. The galley faucet was replaced. The gas hot water heater was replaced with a electric and we have never run out of hot water for showers or for doing dishes. We spent about 1 month for each of the last 2 winters in N. Alabama when the temps at night ranged from 35 to 10 degrees and never had a problem with the cold. Heat was provided by a vornado room heater and was never set to the highest setting. We have added a TV swing arm mount and ran the cable for access to either cable or satellite. I also added a oak shelf to mount the satellite receiver. Many other details have been tended to making this a very comfortable camper to use for the weekend or longer term. We have pulled this camper approximately 5000 miles with a Jeep cherokee with no issues at all. I have added a 1500 watt inverter, but have never used it since we always had power from the campground. Since the trailer was converted to electric the propane tank was removed and a storage box was installed on the trailer tongue.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8335.jpg   IMG_8336.jpg  

IMG_8331.jpg   IMG_8313.jpg  

Old 06-15-2015, 09:05 PM   #3

Name: paulette
Trailer: looking
Illinois
Where are you?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #4

Florida
PM

PM Sent
Old 06-20-2015, 02:12 AM   #5

Name: Marianne
Trailer: Casita 16 ft Liberty
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Findsen View Post
Selling our 94 Casita Liberty Deluxe. It has been reconditioned. Laminate flooring, Converted to all Electric only, Changed to porta potty. Located near Tampa, St. Petersburg. A/C works. Tires/battery about two years old. Most external feed throughs replaced. Cushions recovered. Added cushion to be able to make a full Queen in addition to the (small) twins, double, King. Pictures will be sent via email
Ben I am extremely interested in purchasing your casita and am in the greater tampa area. Please contact me ASAP am ready to purchase one now. Thank you

Marianne yen
Old 06-20-2015, 02:24 AM   #6

Florida
Ready to purchase. Local to you

Please contact me. Myay2009@aol.com I am local and ready to purchase asap. Marianne
In Palm harbor
Thank you
Old 06-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #7

Florida
PM

PM sent
Old 06-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #8

Florida
Ben regarding your casita

Hey!
Your response message to me only comes out saying PM?
There seems to be no email or phone number to reach you
Myay2009@aol.com
Old 06-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #9

Florida
Private Message

FiberglassRV website should send you an email - I will not respond directly through email or phone
Old 06-20-2015, 03:03 PM   #10

Florida
Moderators

Moderators - please remove this thread - it appears it is now being used for phishing
Old 06-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Moderators - please remove this thread - it appears it is now being used for phishing
If you want to remove the thread, you should contact a moderator directly since they may not see your post.

Also, when one uses the PM (private messaging) feature, you don't give away your phone number or email address, you simply have a conversation back and forth here at the forum but without everyone seeing your messages.

It is customary for people to ask about location in a state and a general area would really help someone that is wanting to purchase but is limited in how far they can travel to see a unit.

You have a nice looking unit and have done a great job with it and I knew you would have a lot of interest.

If you need any assistance in removing or using any features, just ask, there are many here who would be glad to help you.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #12

Florida
Thanks

Cathy P Thank You for your reply. I had sent a couple PMs to the last person who had inquired. They had said they lived in my area so I offered to pull the trailer to a shopping center close to both if us. The only response from the person was we're really interested, send us your email and phone number.

I had expected a response along the lines of: "when can we meet?"

Maybe I'm a little too wary

We really enjoyed doing the reconditioning - thanks for the reply - it was nice to hear someone else liked the way it turned out
Old 06-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I would be wary of anybody trying to sell me something that wants to meet in a mall parking lot. That's how stolen items are sold and how buyers are suckered to show up with cash and then are robbed.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:29 PM   #14

Florida
Thanks

I can appreciate your point of view, however, I don't think people show up with cash to buy a trailer on first sight and would anticipate a second meeting at a minimum to finish any negotiations or transactions. It wouldn't bother me if they wanted to show up next to the fire department or police station.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:40 PM   #15

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Ben, thanks for the extra info of the "buyer", now it makes more sence for your wanting it removed. That is the first time I've ever heard of that coming from a buyer. Backwards phishing????? You may be right.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #16

Florida
Marianne

Please read your private messages and contact me by replying to those messages. I would like to be able to show the trailer to you at a convenient time/place for both of us.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:27 AM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Ben: Sadly, there are a LOT of people that try to scam anymore. I understand where you are coming from now. I am very leery of selling and buying on my end too and there are a lot of warnings out there.

One suggestion that I read was to open an email address, like at gmail which is very easy to set up, specifically for selling your trailer and correspond through that email address only. That sounded like a great idea to me. Then, you just close that gmail account after you have finished your sale. Gmail doesn't seem to care how many accounts you have, I have 3 different ones set up for separate groups of email.

I think you will have no trouble selling your nice trailer. Very snappy looking!
Old 06-23-2015, 05:25 PM   #18

Florida
Sold

Trailer is sold Thank You for your interest
Old 06-24-2015, 05:33 PM   #19

Trailer: Bambi
Marianne.....

Quote:
Trailer is sold Thank You for your interest
Ben,

In response to " Marianne's Casita Want to Buy" ad, I sent a PM to Marianne about a Casita for sale in Florida. No contact since then. I think you're right about the phishing thing. Good catch.

jd
Old 06-24-2015, 05:56 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Most newbies don't read any of the instructions for use of site and don't have a clue what a PM is, so I wouldn't draw any conclusion from that.

Tags
casita