Crusty Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2015, 06:25 AM   #1

Name: Graeme
Trailer: Casita
Vermont
Crusty Casita

Hey all, checking in from Northern Vermont. We just bought a 1984-5 Casita Spirit Deluxe project. It's been gutted, we have our work cut out for us. We've posted some pics on Casitaclub under the heading crusty casita.
GraemeandJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to FGRV, Graeme!

Sounds like you have some work ahead. Know that many FG trailers rely on some of the interior cabinetry to add rigidity to the shell. Without adequate support, you can have door alignment and other issues, including complete shell failure under heavy snow loads.

Something to keep in mind as you build out the interior. Best wishes with your project. We love pictures here, too!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #3

Vermont
Thanks for the heads up Jon, I have done some reading and found lots of mention of the need for the internal components to add rigidity. At this point the big thing we are lacking is the shower enclosure. I plan on finding one, as we will be spending at least 50% of our caping time boondocking here in the Northeast. I found someone in GA with a shower, but they seem unwilling to ship it, not that I blame them. Progress will be starting the second weekend in July, with pics.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I suppose if you could wait a bit and they were willing to store the components a few months, perhaps a fall/winter road trip to GA and pick up the pieces on the way home? I don't think there will be many people removing bathrooms from their Casitas, and there aren't many up your way to begin with.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #5

Vermont
Yeah, it's a bummer to think the previous owner removed the shower, put it up for free on CL and when no one bit, he tossed it. Perhaps a trip south is in order.

Tags
casita