Reasonable discount on new Bigfoot? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2016, 07:57 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Missouri
Reasonable discount on new Bigfoot?

We are looking for a 25' trailer and are considering Bigfoot trailers. Anyone out there know what kind of discount from list price we should be able to negotiate with dealers? Based on Airforums I know Airstream owners expect 15-20% off MSRP
frthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
There is a "local" Bigfoot dealer near me in Tualatin Oregon (just south of Portland). They have trailers in stock on the showroom floor, listed on Craigslist Portland. I have been told that the Craigslist price is firm. After the unit has been in inventory for a long time, a year?? or longer they might cut the price a little more. Bigfoot has a few factory stores, unlike other manufacturers that have many dealers
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:31 PM   #3

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I just went to the Austin, TX RV Expo and they had one listed at $54k on sale for $44k. It was fully loaded including a generator.

Happy Camping!
Marky
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:41 PM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
I just went to the Austin, TX RV Expo and they had one listed at $54k on sale for $44k. It was fully loaded including a generator.

Happy Camping!
Marky
The Oregon Factory store has one for $44498 wit no mention of a generator. Looks to have everything else.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #5

Name: larry
Trailer: Casita, but in the market for a bigfoot
Colorado
what was the dealers name, I'm in the market for a 25' rq
larryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:39 AM   #6

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryc View Post
what was the dealers name, I'm in the market for a 25' rq
If you mean the Oregon dealer that Jack referenced I'm sure he is referring to
Camper Outlet Home Page
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #7

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
If you mean the Oregon dealer that Jack referenced I'm sure he is referring to
Camper Outlet Home Page
I was actually wondering about the TX dealer, I know i wasn't specific
Old 03-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #8

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I wonder why Escape Trailers, another Canadian manufacturer located near BigFoot, sells their trailers at Canadian dollars, right now $40,000 cn msrp is equivalent to $30K US$ and whether the dealer in Oregon is buying them at the same discount and then raising the price back up to the Canadian msrp but in US dollars. Seems like a 25% discount would be automatic.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #9

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I wonder why
Because they can. That's how dealers make their profit.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #10

Texas
The Texas RV dealer is Princess Craft RV. They had a $10,000 discount on the 17 ft Bigfoot. Their website is:

http://princesscraft.com

Sent from my Nexus using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #11

Texas
I've seen the Escape and the Bigfoot. The Escape is a real nice trailer but i my opinion the Bigfoot is the Airstream of the fiberglass trailers. I don't mean to offend anybody (I own a Casita and it is really nice if it was 1970) but the Bigfoot trailers have a really elegant interior. They are really updated with LED lighting, stainless, and have a really beautiful and well laid out interior. They look like the interior of a Tiffin or Newmar class A motorhome. The 17 foot Bigfoot I saw had solar and a generator built in!

Old 04-02-2016, 09:21 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Smile

I agree with Marky Vasquez.

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:52 AM   #13

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 21RB
Oregon
Looking to finalize my purchase of a 2017 Bigfoot 25B21RB this week. Haven't signed anything and was going to pursue other dealers for quotes. Seems most are fairly firm. What have you seen prices reduced to at sale?

Thanks! Excited to get it in only 5 short production month.... Guess I'll put it to use in the the winter next year.
SkiColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #14

Colorado
I purchased from camper outlet in tulatin or. they had the best price. but it's a low budget operation so don't expect much from them.

as far as using your trailer in winter. we have found that yes, the trailer is warm, but its a propane hog.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #15

Name: Roy
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Registry
Frank I priced one from Princess RV about a month ago. They are in Roundrock, Tx. They quoted me about 20% off MSRP. It had all of the bells and whistles(except solar and a few other minor options). It was the 25B25RQ model. They told me it would take about three months to get it. Roy
Roy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:06 PM   #16

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiColorado View Post
Looking to finalize my purchase of a 2017 Bigfoot 25B21RB this week. Haven't signed anything and was going to pursue other dealers for quotes. Seems most are fairly firm. What have you seen prices reduced to at sale?

Thanks! Excited to get it in only 5 short production month.... Guess I'll put it to use in the the winter next year.

you might want to check with boardman rv in Pueblo. He had a 25 ft with the front bunk in stock.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:40 PM   #17

Texas
Registry
HI Larry. I actually found a 2015 25 RQ in Phoenix like brand new! Has everything on it I want. Will be picking my baby up in January. Can't wait! I will be towing mine with a 2016 F-150 Ford Eco boost. Roy
Old 12-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #18

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
I've seen the Escape and the Bigfoot. The Escape is a real nice trailer but i my opinion the Bigfoot is the Airstream of the fiberglass trailers. I don't mean to offend anybody (I own a Casita and it is really nice if it was 1970) but the Bigfoot trailers have a really elegant interior. They are really updated with LED lighting, stainless, and have a really beautiful and well laid out interior. They look like the interior of a Tiffin or Newmar class A motorhome. The 17 foot Bigfoot I saw had solar and a generator built in!

Thread is a bit old but I would have to agree, my older early nineties Bigfoot is amazing for condition and the build is second to none. The extra width makes a huge difference.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:59 PM   #19

Name: Tom
Trailer: BIGFOOT 25 R.Q.
California
Hey Roy, are you going to attend the Rally in Quartzsite ? IF so you should join us . Tryin to get some more Big Foot owners to join and make a circle of us at the rally. A friend and I also have 25 RQ's. We will be at the far west end at Dome Rock from Feb 1st til around the 12th.
dustchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:16 AM   #20

Texas
Registry
Tom I would love to go but we have a prior commitment during that time. Hopefully down the road we can hook up. I look forward to meeting some fellow Bigfoot owners! Thanks for the invite!

Sent from my XT1080 using Fiberglass RV mobile app

Tags
bigfoot