OurBoler.com 74 Boler rebuild - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #61
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
My son loved his blue sleeping pad, until I let him try my Thermarest! They look like they approve!
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #62

Name: Chris
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Kevin, my blue pads are from when I was little, my thermarest was much nicer and newer, but the seams let go so they do not get that luxury (it was 18 years old). They want to sleep out there, but it is not ready yet.
Nelmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #63

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Lucky, lucky kids! A really neato comfortable place to sleep. Beats a leaking tent EVERY TIME!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #64

Alberta
Thanks Donna. The trailer will be nice, but we will still keep the tent for those places without roads

With more bad weather the body work is progressing slow, but I am getting more done on the inside while I wait.

I installed the piano hinge on he folding table. The store is out of the matching counter top material I plan to use on the table, so I used a spacer and will finish it when it arrives.

The aluminium rods on the bottom of the table that support it when fully extended.

Another picture of the extension.

The boys had to test out the table right away. It is amazing the difference the smaller table makes in giving the trailer more room inside.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #65

Alberta
With poor weather I focused on the inside, and got most the wiring done.

I used these sticky tie holders, a 25 ft trailer wiring kit (30 would have been better), wire to run to each running light and a ground wire (as the wiring kit didn't have one). I will add more tie downs once all the wiring is done and tested to clean it up a little.

I ran the wires under the plywood supports for the bench and dinette that are fiberglassed to the trailer. This keeps them out of sight and easy to access if repairs or modifications are needed.

I found some small LED lights to use as marker lights. I took the mounting plate off to give it a cleaner look. I plan to wait until it is painted before mounting these lights.

The dinette extension made a great out of the way place that is easily assemble to put the switches for the outside light and fans. Behind the switches I ounted the fuse box.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #66

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I like those sticky tie holders. Where did you buy 'em?
Old 06-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #67

Alberta
The ties work great. When Telus came by to install the internet they left them, so I don't know what store you could find them in.

Product details are

Home Adhesive Backed Cable Tie Mounts ABM112-A-C
Old 06-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelmes View Post
The ties work great. When Telus came by to install the internet they left them, so I don't know what store you could find them in.

Product details are

Home Adhesive Backed Cable Tie Mounts ABM112-A-C
Thanks. The trick is knowing what to call 'em.

Adhesive Backed Cable Tie Mount | eBay
Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #69

Alberta
Glad you found them.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #70

Alberta

I added some more molding, until I ran out.

Added barrel bolts to make sure the cabinet doors would not open while driving. I could not find one small enough that matched, so I filed it down to fit.

I had to take the closet door off to drill the hole to mount the bolt. This door being heavy it was the most important to make sure it keeps closed while driving.

A Magna screen is like a magic mesh, I pulled it out and looked at installing it.

I added a piece on wood above the door. I can mount the screen to this and the drip cap above the door will hold it on. For the rest I pulled out the table saw and made moldings to mount it.

Since I had to finish some more wood anyway I made a new bike rack. The first one was out of plywood, this pine one should look much better and I added the option to use it with our road bikes.

Found this 12 volt vacuum that also blows up air mattresses and such that should come in handy with all the carpet.

Picked these up to help make the trailer safe, they were the smallest I could find and battery operated.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #71

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
There is an alarm that has explosive gasses and smoke and CO2 much better unless you are all electric which I dont remember off hand there are so many renovations going on.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #72

Alberta
Mike, I have seen those, but none that come with a battery and I will not be able to plug it in. Do you know of any ones that come with a battery?
Old 06-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #73

Texas
Only a 9vdc battery back up and not sure how long the battery would last. HOWEVER just a bit of ingenuity, a battery connector, a simple zener circuit and you could knock that batt down to 9vdc and wouldn't matter about the 110AC. Let me know if you are interested or you can Google some ideas. You can also take 5 silicon diodes in series and drop the voltage down enough. It would require soldering. But there might be actual products on the market that do it, I haven't looked yet.
Good Luck. I will do something like that on mine.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike A View Post
Only a 9vdc battery back up and not sure how long the battery would last. HOWEVER just a bit of ingenuity, a battery connector, a simple zener circuit and you could knock that batt down to 9vdc and wouldn't matter about the 110AC. Let me know if you are interested or you can Google some ideas. You can also take 5 silicon diodes in series and drop the voltage down enough. It would require soldering. But there might be actual products on the market that do it, I haven't looked yet.
Good Luck. I will do something like that on mine.
You don't even have to do that. Just use a 9 volt voltage regulator.

5 x L78L09ACZ L78L09 78L09 9 Volts 100mA Voltage Regulator IC Free Shipping | eBay

Or if you want to spend the big bucks, this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-D...item417442a32b
Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #75

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Chris, I am so taken back by your ingenuity! I know you guys like to talk voltage but I am really liking the BIKE RACK IDEA! And am still trying to figure out how your table extension works. I know you are so busy but if you should find the time, could you elaborate for us. Just call me, "Dummies are us". Great work!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #76

Texas
I like the ebay option and cheap. When I was growing up we had to make our own. Of course we had vacuum tubes too.

For a few bucks its easy to convert to 9vac battery. You can buy the 9v pigtail and voila almost good to go.

I just bought 2 on ebay for 5 bucks and free shipping from China someone is going to loose on this one?
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 06-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike A View Post
I like the ebay option and cheap. When I was growing up we had to make our own. Of course we had vacuum tubes too.

For a few bucks its easy to convert to 9vac battery. You can buy the 9v pigtail and voila almost good to go.

I just bought 2 on ebay for 5 bucks and free shipping from China someone is going to loose on this one?
I don't know how they sell stuff this cheap. I bought a $1 electronic item with free shipping from China, and it came registered mail - yep I had to go to the post office and sign for it.

Here is the connector: 5 x 9V 9 Volt Battery Clip Connectors High Quality Arduino Open Source Hardware | eBay
Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #78

Texas
Thats 4 for less than a buck and free shipping. You would pay 4X at Radio Shack. Might as well raid the piggy bank and get those too.
Thanks Just call me Tom.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #79

Alberta
Tom & Mike. I will look into it, I want the trailer to work with no power so will see what I can come up with.

Diane. Thank you, I just hope the bike rack works when it is finished.

The dinette benches had a 45 degree angle at the end, this cost the bed a few inches. I squared off the dinette benches so the table can be placed and supported to the end. With the closet door and cabinet under the sink keeping it from going any further. This leaves a small gap between the bike rack and table, which I cut a piece of wood to fit in. I will take a picture and post it, probably easiest.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #80

Alberta
Diane, here are the pictures

The plan is to use it this summer and make the cushions in the winter, so we will see if we want to be able to open cupboards or a wider bed.

Tags
boler