New Water system for 76 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
New Water system for 76 Boler

Hi,
I am wanting to configure a water sytem where I just hook up the camp site water supply to the trailer and plumb it so that the water goes directly to a tap. ( avoid a holding tank). Of course this system is good only for when there is a water supply to hook up to, but my wife and I have no plans to do any wilderness camping. I have removed the external input nozzle and the galley pump tap. Where can I buy the plumbing supplies what I need to make this happen.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Michael
Flesherton ONT
Canada
michael386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Did your Boler have 2 taps at the sink, one with a pump and one with a normal twist handle? If it did the Boler was already set-up for exactly what you are wanting. The pump faucet uses the reservoir to supply water, the "normal" faucet is plumbed directly to the outside fitting that connects to a garden hose.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #3

Ontario
Thanks Ian,
There was only one "pump" faucet. So it was set up for use of the reservoir. What you describe is an ideal system....but I will just pursue the direct plumb model
Old 05-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
On the outside the fitting you removed, is it like a tray or "cup" where water fills the reservoir? Is the any garden hose type connection on the outside? I have never seen a Boler without the street water set-up unless a PO has removed it.
Do you have any pictures?

But in general it is very easy plumbing, garden hose connection on outside (available from any RV dealer. Any faucet you like on the inside, you can use an RV faucet or a home bathroom, bar, or kitchen faucet. and then a water line between the two.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #5

Ontario
Ian,
It is a female garden hose connection on the outside of the boler. My intention is to do just as you suggested....in fact I have purchased most of what I need.
Thanks again
Old 05-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael386 View Post
It is a female garden hose connection on the outside of the boler.
Yes and it will look like any of these. The original ones found on most Bolers I have seen was a small chrome one. Surprised yours does not have one as it was a stock item.
Attached Images

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #7

Ontario
thank you....I guess I was not clear in my description. I do have the chrome one. Again, I think I have it problem solved now.
Thanks Ian and carol for your help.

Tags
boler