Parkliner & tow vehicle - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #21

Name: Mary
Trailer: Parkliner; TV 2012 Nissan Murano
New Jersey
We are new at all this. Bought Parkliner in April 2017. It was the "long game." Bought new Nissan Murano 2012 with this towing in mind. It has 260 HP with CVT. Not sure the CVT is great for towing. Going uphill, the RPM goes up anywhere between 3000 and 4000. On backroads I once went up some pretty steep hills and it was a real struggle. I really would have liked a Dodge Durango, but prior to the Murano I had a Dodge Grand Caravan which had many mechanical issues throughout the years. So I just didn't want to go Dodge again, or any US manufacturer really. Murano was the best I could afford. It came in at 26K brand new, base model, after lots of haggling. I couldn't afford a heftier imported machine, plus I really didn't want to drive a "boat" anymore after all the years with the van. It's a nice agile machine. I get average 20 mpg with it, which comes to 14 mpg when towing the Parkliner. Must mention that the towing capacity of the Murano was reduced from 3500 to 1500 in 2015.
MaryNJWildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #22

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
The CVT should be fine, but you may want to let it slow down on the steep uphill pulls. Our Highlander Hybrid with CVT had a downshift mode that let us keep it, like, in 2nd gear. Do not use Cruise Control in hilly country.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #23

Name: Mary
Trailer: Parkliner; TV 2012 Nissan Murano
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
The CVT should be fine, but you may want to let it slow down on the steep uphill pulls. Our Highlander Hybrid with CVT had a downshift mode that let us keep it, like, in 2nd gear. Do not use Cruise Control in hilly country.
Yeah, that is my tactic in driving it. I was having panic attacks watching my son driving it uphill 70mph with cruise control. That was on the way home from NC. He was first up driving it.
MaryNJWildlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner