Visiting Lil Snoozy Factory 7/21 - Likely Putting down a Deposit - Questions - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 08:33 AM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Please share your info here Tony Cheers
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #42

Name: KC
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post

Will do!
KCGuy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #43

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Appreciate the feedback. Yeah, it gets tricky fast when you live out of state and are not retired with work and kids and pets ETC. Glad to hear you got your generator cover. I have never seen one (snoozy) but aren't the walls soft vinyl? I wondered if the cats would pull on the wall covering if it was soft vinyl.
Nope, walls are solid surface. I think fg gelcoat, plus maybe a coat of paint (not sure). No fabric or vinyl.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:11 PM   #44

Missouri
Quote:
We are officially going to be Snoozy owners! Visited St. Matthews today and put down the deposit. Richard is a really nice guy and spent about an hour with us going through all of our questions. I compared the build quality between the Snoozy and the Casita, and in my opinion, it's night and day better. The wait time is 6-8 months currently. I believe he said there were 23 orders ahead of ours. Recently they hired additional staff and he felt better about where they were with their suppliers.

Long story short, I was impressed. The one (and only) thing I was disappointed with was the height of the Snoozy. The advertised height was 7'10.5". In fact, it is 8' 1.25" (we leveled a snoozy and measured it). This was bad news for me since my garage opening is 7'10.5". I have a solution for storage but it will just involve swapping out the tires with something smaller. I mentioned to Richard they should update their website to reflect the corrected height.

While it's tough to have to wait till next Jan-March (Casita was going to be ready 10/5), I know it's the right R/V for us and know it will be worth the wait!
Old 07-21-2017, 08:28 PM   #45

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Hope to see you soon in the campground. Congratulations are in order! It sounds like you have done your research and are solid in your decision. Now - Casita will have to refund you some of your down payment (I wonder if you can "sell" your production slot to someone else that would like one sooner?)
Old 07-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #46

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Hope to see you soon in the campground. Congratulations are in order! It sounds like you have done your research and are solid in your decision. Now - Casita will have to refund you some of your down payment (I wonder if you can "sell" your production slot to someone else that would like one sooner?)

Thank you! We are very excited :-)

I already contacted Casita to cancel the order and request our deposit be returned. I am out $200, but it was the right decision for us.

Onward and Upward
Old 07-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #47
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Congratulations Tony! I know your excitement. We can't wait to pick ours up next month, but the time will pass quickly!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:05 PM   #48

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
Thank you! We are very excited :-)

I already contacted Casita to cancel the order and request our deposit be returned. I am out $200, but it was the right decision for us.

Onward and Upward
Congrats Tony, I like the LS too. Being out $200 in the RV or marine world is cheap
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:26 AM   #49

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Quote:
Long story short, I was impressed. The one (and only) thing I was disappointed with was the height of the Snoozy. The advertised height was 7'10.5". In fact, it is 8' 1.25" (we leveled a snoozy and measured it). This was bad news for me since my garage opening is 7'10.5". I have a solution for storage but it will just involve swapping out the tires with something smaller. I mentioned to Richard they should update their website to reflect the corrected height.
Like the old story of the truck driver and the low bridge, jut let the air out of the tires.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:04 AM   #50

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
You will like the cassette toilet. I know a lot of the Snoozy owners. We all like it. Several posters on here give it some flak but it is just down right cleaner and more convenient.
That, sir, is your opinion and nothing more. While other owner's may say they like it, as with anything else it may be a defensive reaction resulting from not wanting to admit that they bought something they do not really like (love the one you're with). Maybe they truly do like it but I would personally not trust the judgement of anyone who has never owned a trailer with a holding tank system. I have dealt with cassette toilets and do not find them convenient, particularly the frequency with which they must be emptied and I don't relish the thought of using a campground toilet after some inconsiderate, sloppy owner discharged his cassette in that stall (read SPLASH). All I am saying is that it is a stretch for anyone to state an assumption that someone else will "love" something that you find appealing. And just because I have stated that I dislike cassette toilets doesn't mean that I am implying that anyone else will "hate" it or that I am "giving it flak." There are, after all, at least two sides to every issue.
C&G in FL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:21 AM   #51

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Like the old story of the truck driver and the low bridge, jut let the air out of the tires.

/Mr Lynn
Yes, Exactly! I'm just wondering if I can let ALL the air out of the tires. I have a large air compressor in my garage so putting air back in is nor problem. I might just have to jack it up a bit on each side and give the tire a good shake as air is going in for the bead to catch
Old 07-22-2017, 06:29 AM   #52

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Casita Independence "Callimachusita"
Ocean City, NJ
Or squirt WD40 around the bead and throw a match at it like we used to do.
Pod Puppies: Josie and Frankie, Casita Kittens: Madison & Razzel & Mrs. Chow
librarianocnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #53

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarianocnj View Post
Or squirt WD40 around the bead and throw a match at it like we used to do.
I used starting fluid (ether) to seat beads on big truck tires before we got one of those air tanks. For Tony, there have been lots of ideas to lower the height, roll it on rims only, no tires. Others have made a small disc wheel out of steel or even plywood. Some use dollies like those used to roll a car around in a shop.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:33 AM   #54

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I used starting fluid (ether) to seat beads on big truck tires before we got one of those air tanks. For Tony, there have been lots of ideas to lower the height, roll it on rims only, no tires. Others have made a small disc wheel out of steel or even plywood. Some use dollies like those used to roll a car around in a shop.

Thanks for the comments here. Richard offered to give me a set of the cheaper aluminum rims to use and I'll use my impact gun to "hot swap" them out. To make sure the concrete doesn't get marked up too bad I'll roll it on plywood. Will take about 20 minutes but it will make my HOA happy and keep the Snoozy out of the elements :-)
Old 07-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #55

Missouri
Anyone have any thoughts on using something like this to rest the drum on if I remove the wheel and set it on this to roll it into the garage? I don't see any obvious concerns but others might think of something that I don't see. I think this will be the easiest (this way I'm only removing the wheels once and putting them back on once).
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 7.01.11 PM.png  
Old 07-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #56

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Let's assume your Lil Snoozy has no ground clearance issues.

Let's next assume you have a relatively level driveway.

The first time, I believe I might have two neighbors ready as spotters

Then I would consider utilizing a tow dolly like one of these:

Trailer Dollies | Trailers + Towing | Northern Tool + Equipment

You could also utilize a floor jack or two. Manned if you move trailer on them.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #57

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
Let's assume your Lil Snoozy has no ground clearance issues.

Let's next assume you have a relatively level driveway.

The first time, I believe I might have two neighbors ready as spotters

Then I would consider utilizing a tow dolly like one of these:

Trailer Dollies | Trailers + Towing | Northern Tool + Equipment

You could also utilize a floor jack or two. Manned if you move trailer on them.
There shouldn't be any ground clearance issues as the lowest point of the trailer, even without the tire/wheel on it is the drum (no plumbing , steps, etc. would be in the way).

My drive slope is attached. There is definitely a slope, but it's not too much. Might be a bit too much to do it with a dolly like that, though. May just have to go extremely slow with the tow vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 7.35.57 PM.jpg  
Old 07-22-2017, 07:21 PM   #58

New York
Tony; dollies should work if there are no cracks in the driveway for the wheels to catch on. Might be a good idea to not let the brake backing plates rest on the dolly. I think a rim with no tire or a smaller disc in place of the wheels would be better. Or maybe a small wheel and tire like some older pop-up campers and little utility trailers used. Lots of options at Northern Tool. Depends on how low from stock height you have to go.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #59

Missouri
This would work perfect. I just don't know if it would bolt on since the brake drum is obviously not going to fit into the back of the wheel........

http://wescotrailers.net/store/index...product_id=288
Old 07-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #60

New York
Quote:
This would work perfect. I just don't know if it would bolt on since the brake drum is obviously not going to fit into the back of the wheel........

http://wescotrailers.net/store/index...product_id=288
Good point Tony, about not fitting the brake drum. I believe most trailers using a 12" tire use 7" brakes so they may not work either. Wonder if you could find a 14" wheel that you could cut the center out of and have it be completely round. I haven't paid much attention to how wheels are made now, but years ago some had the center sections riveted in and we would cut off the rivets, knock out the center, turn it around and weld it back in to create a "reversed rim"

Tags
lil snoozy