2018 Parkliner help needed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #1

Name: Maryellen
Trailer: 2015 Casita SD
Pennsylvania
2018 Parkliner help needed

How do you get the frig to run on propane? We are traveling with a woman on her shakedown cruise and the frig doesn't seem to be working.
Thanks.
Maryellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I'd start with a review of the operating manual for the fridge.
Then, I'd add the brand name and model number of the fridge to this thread. You should find a label, something like this, inside the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
fridge label.jpg  
Old 05-05-2018, 06:21 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
How do you know it's not working? Have you tried it on AC power? Is there propane in the tank? Can you run other propane appliances (stove, furnace, water heater)? Have you contacted the dealer? Have you consulted the operator's manual for the fridge that came with the trailer?

Need a little "patient history" here...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Since it is a new trailer, I would assume you have manuals to consult. If not they are likely online. Also try tracking the propane line from the -full- tank, and make certain all the valves reroute are open. Expect these mainly at tank, and at the appliance.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #5

Pennsylvania
Thanks everyone. She did get a frig manual. ( But not a "full camper" manual) . She did call Parkliner. They said the frigs are hard to light. Not helpful! We had it running once. Then we stopped to camp and she plugged into electric. When she does that, she needs to open a compartment on the outside of the camper to switch from propane to electric. And of course to switch back again. What made it finally come on again was that we learned we had to hold the gas button down almost a full minute, not the 15seconds that the manual suggested, to get it to light. And we think there was dust in there so we brushed things off before
doing all the clicking and holding. Once started the frig went down 4 degrees in 30 min. Guess that's pretty good progress...
It's hard learning someone else's systems!
Old 05-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You still haven't told us who made the fridge and what model it is, so this thread will be of little help to others.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
PARKLINER Manuals? NOT

There was no "ParkLiner" manual with our 2016 trailer either.
The fridge is the same, small, (Dometic) as we had in our Scamp.
We run ours on 12V when traveling.
Before lighting the propane - for boon docking - I always make sure the gas is burning at the stove. That gets it closer in the pipes for the water heater and the fridge. If the unit has been stored for a long time, they have been known to attract tiny spiders that will build a nest, or spin silk that can clog the gas jets to the appliances. So those would need to be cleaned out.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
There was no "ParkLiner" manual with our 2016 trailer either.
The fridge is the same, small, (Dometic) as we had in our Scamp.
We run ours on 12V when traveling.
Before lighting the propane - for boon docking - I always make sure the gas is burning at the stove. That gets it closer in the pipes for the water heater and the fridge. If the unit has been stored for a long time, they have been known to attract tiny spiders that will build a nest, or spin silk that can clog the gas jets to the appliances. So those would need to be cleaned out.
Thank you. We have split off from the owner of the Parkliner but I have asked her to send me the make and model#.

Tags
parkliner