Where do you store the bedding in a 13 ft Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #21

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Sleeping bag can be stored by treating just like a throw pillow. Put in stuff sack it is just a round pillow standing upright in the corner of the dinette seat. Memory foam is a bit tougher if you have gone that route. Think it would need to be in two pieces to roll up to an easily storable size.

Now if you have the front couch.... stack those sleeping bags up on the couch and call dibs on nap time. Weather is crummy, a bit of reading and a nice nap sounds lovely.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
We are four (front bunk layout) and use sleeping bags. We rarely take down the beds but have done it on a couple of bad weather days when we were staying in camp. Each person has a duffle big enough for their sleeping bag and pillow (much easier than stuff sacks!), so pack your own and throw it in the back of the SUV or stack them under the dinette against the back wall. They don't get in the way (much) there, and they make nice footrests.

That said, for two people in a front bath layout, I love Floyd's U-shaped dinette mod in post #8. The smaller table is easier to set up and take down, and the back makes a daytime napping spot while the table is set up (nice if you have a front bath). And the storage under the back seat is the perfect spot for bedding. BTW- I believe Scamp made the custom-sized cushion for that center back seat from matching upholstery at a reasonable cost. If you send a PM to Floyd, I'm sure he'd be happy to share more details.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Front Dinette option

We opted for a front dinette just for the bedding reason. We are having a custom mattress made now that we will now leave made in the rear.

In our previous 2011 Standard Front Bunk model we used to put the bedding in the back of our car and then bring it in every night.

I think from the photographs...you have a front bath model...so putting in the car may be an option

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:51 PM   #24

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
We just leave our bed made up. There are just the two of us. I have been working on a light take apart table. The table allows us to use the front bench as a work area / reading area. It can be placed in the door way to allow use of the stove, sink, and ice box. It is really quite handy. There is only one fastener, a wing nut. It has not been finished, so no photos.

BobH.
BobH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:45 PM   #25
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
We have the rear dinette set as a permanent bed. Maggie made a large bag from cloth and a plastic sheet. Sealed on 3 sides the forth closes with Velcro. During the day the bed becomes a large couch with a plastic sheet and cloth cover. The bag has the bedding and functions as a large pillow. The plastic makes everything wet dog proof. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #26

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
....The plastic makes everything wet dog proof. Raz
Is that a real thing? Wet dog proof sounds like something made up. Along the lines of jabberwocky or Unicorns.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #27

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Bedding Storage

We have a Scamp 16 and store our bedding over the rear dinette. WE built a full trailer width cabinet over the rear dinette. It has three doors. The center compartment handles all our bedding. The two end compartments contain our jeans.

You can see the building of this cabinet in the beginning of the following thread.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...6-a-46387.html

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:53 PM   #28

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Most often we leave our bed set up because we cook and eat outside. If there is extended inclement weather we will set up the dining table. Pillows are stored in the back upper cupboard.Comforters are rolled around a core (such as a broom handle, heavy-duty cardboard roll from the fabric shop) and bound with straps and hung from side to side under the table resting on top of the benches. The mattress cover (2 lengthwise pieces) are rolled and bound with straps and stored in one, empty, dining room bench. In addition, I often have "throw blankets" about 50' x 60" I drape them over the dining room bench and couch cushions.

I also like the idea of stuffing everything into duffel bags which can double as "bolster pillows".

You may refer to my many previous posts regarding bedding by searching "Gilda bed" on the Google Search on the FGRV's "Search" button. Check out this one... http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...e-72858-3.html
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp