Wave 6 Heater and location in Burro 13' for ski-RVing? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #21

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
I took a long look at Wave and that other vented low power catalytic heater --forgot the name, and decided against adding one.

I don't like the idea of all that water vapor, fussing with being too hot or two cold, leaving windows open so wide, and the fact that it does not heat my basement.

I like my furnace. It is very quiet. I might wake me up at times, but it does an excellent job providing a stable temperature. It heats up my basement well. I can leave my dogs inside and not worry about them being too hot or too cold. So far I have used it down to 9° temperatures. I have not tried it at higher elevations yet.

My camper has R12 insulation and thermal double pane windows. It heats very quickly--9-65 degrees in about 50 minutes, stays warm, and has no condensation issues. My emergency exit has a screen and fiberglass cover--no glass. It lets in a bit of fresh air. I also have thermal covers that provide extra insulation on the vents and door glass.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro, vin