lil Snoozy plumbing ?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #1

Name: Allan
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Oregon
lil Snoozy plumbing ??

I'm having a bit of trouble getting answers from Snoozy or owners site so....
Can anyone explain to me how LIL Snoozy plumbing system works ?
They say site water connection will not automatically fill on board fresh water tank......so why do I need an on board tank if I get water only from site connection ?....
Does everything function without water in the holding tank or will nothing work until it's filled ?...then why do I need site connection ?
I'm sure it's all very easy but before I order one I'd like to understand.
Thanx for any help
Allan
Old 02-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You should have a place where you connect a water hose. This will allow you to use the cg water system. In addition you also have a place where you stick a water hose in that will fill your on board water tank. You will then turn on your water pump and you will have water independent of the campground. I usually carry about 1/3 tank of water for use enroute to my destination and use the cg water. But if there is to water at my destination, I fill up my tank at home and use it.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #3

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Most if not all trailers/RV's are set up with separate water fills for onboard tanks, this due mostly to fragility of interior systems.

A plastic water tank and/or its connections/fittings could easily rupture under constant pressure from a closed hookup like a water hose. The auto-overflow provided by the simple gravity fill prevents that potential over pressurization.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfighter View Post
I'm having a bit of trouble getting answers from Snoozy or owners site so....
Can anyone explain to me how LIL Snoozy plumbing system works ?
They say site water connection will not automatically fill on board fresh water tank......so why do I need an on board tank if I get water only from site connection ?....
Does everything function without water in the holding tank or will nothing work until it's filled ?...then why do I need site connection ?
I'm sure it's all very easy but before I order one I'd like to understand.
Thanx for any help
Allan
Most trailers have what is called a City Water connection - this is what you will use when you are at campgrounds that have water hook up - and normally the on board fresh water holding tank will not fill up when you are using the City Water connection.

The Water holding tank is for those times you camp at places that do not have a water hook up. So you bring your own water by filling up the water holding tank. Why do you need a water holding tank? Well for example here in BC there are a number of Provincial campgrounds that do not have water connections at each campsite.

Why have both systems? - water weighs a lot so if you don't need to travel with water in the tanks you will get way better MPG's while towing. Not to mention no need to keep having to fill up a small water holding tank if camping in one spot for days when using City Water connection.

As far as your question as to "Does everything function without water in the holding tank?" Not really clear on what you are asking but Yes water will come out of taps when only connected to City Water and there is no water in the holding tank. And yes water will come out of the taps when the water holding tank has water in it & your not connected to a city water connection - you may have to switch on a 12v water pump though to get the water from the tank - normally supplied with the trailer and there is a small switch someplace in the kitchen area on most trailers that turns it on and off.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #5

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Most trailers have what is called a City Water connection - this is what you will use when you are at campgrounds that have water hook up - and normally the on board fresh water holding tank will not fill up when you are using the City Water connection.

The Water holding tank is for those times you camp at places that do not have a water hook up. So you bring your own water by filling up the water holding tank. Why do you need a water holding tank? Well for example here in BC there are a number of Provincial campgrounds that do not have water connections at each campsite.

Why have both systems? - water weighs a lot so if you don't need to travel with water in the tanks you will get way better MPG's while towing. Not to mention no need to keep having to fill up a small water holding tank if camping in one spot for days when using City Water connection.

As far as your question as to "Does everything function without water in the holding tank?" Not really clear on what you are asking but Yes water will come out of taps when only connected to City Water and there is no water in the holding tank. And yes water will come out of the taps when the water holding tank has water in it & your not connected to a city water connection - you may have to switch on a 12v water pump though to get the water from the tank - normally supplied with the trailer and there is a small switch someplace in the kitchen area on most trailers that turns it on and off.
yes.....thank you Carol
The part I didn't understand was that there is a pump to supply pressure when not on CG water............( I was confused because Lil Snoozy manual says site connection will not fill on board system. so I mistakenly assumed they were not connected.) Now it makes sense. Thank you.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Note: don't run pump when you are on city water.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
In our previous trailer we had the ability to fill our water tank from the street/campground supply by turning a valve. We made this modification to make it easier to fill the tank.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #8

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Here's a picture of the Snoozy set up:

Water and Cable

On the left is the place to fill up the water tank.
On the right is the attachment for the hose to the
campground water.

On the far right is the television hook-up.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #9

NE Oklahoma
Here's the plumbing and water pump:

Insulating under couch

Here's the water tank:

Insulating under couch
Old 02-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #10

Oregon
Thank y'all so much.
Going from the simplicity of our Hunter 1 to an "official" system just requires a learning curve.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #11

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Note: don't run pump when you are on city water.
And don't leave it turned on when the holding tank is empty either.... good way to burn it out fast. If you hear it constantly running or coming on and off when not running water from the tap thats a good hint your holding tank is empty,
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
As a rule, I turn the pump on, run water and turn it off.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #13

NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
As a rule, I turn the pump on, run water and turn it off.
That's my MO also.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
cassette toilet

my cassette toilet is leaking can you pull from back wall? it seems there are others that have had this problem witha split hose ?? does anyone know if the thetford cassette c-200 cs will pull away from the wall to fix?? plz help Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #15

Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
On my cassette toilet, (it was a T@da, not a Snoozy) there was access from inside the cartridge area, remove the toilet cartridge and inspect for leaks. Try the Thetford website for info for your model #.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #16

Florida
Registry
thetford cassette

I called thetford not to helpful I asked about taking toilet off the wall but the person I talked to did not know ?
They gave me a few service centers but 2 were out of business I have the installation manuel I will look in green cassette outside area and buy pex tools for fixing . Jim W said he put in a ball turn to shut off water at toilet in case it happens again
Old 05-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #17

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
widmannfla@aol.com at May 11, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Plz let me know how you pulled cassette toilet off the wall
best not to i replaced the lite blue water hose with a heavy duty fuel hose , the blue one keeps blowing out . it has happened 4 times scene I replaced the hose it has been fine I think Therford uses to light weight of a hose it blisters with very little water pressure just poor design . the hose I now have rated at 75 lbs. very easy to install .
Old 05-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #18

Florida
Registry
I replaced the blue hose coming off pex line into cassette toilet . Most of the work was done outside looking into cassette box.You willl need a small mirror to see the ten skrews that need to come out with 5 pieces of plastic holding swinging toilet . Once you get these out toilet just pulls out . then attach grey fuel line hose to where blue hose was and snake hose through toilet and then reattach toilet ,I hope this fuel line works better then the blue hose time will tell .
tools needed
small mirror ,philleps skrew driver ,and small skrew gun ,box cutter ,marine fuel line and lots of patience .

Jim W where did you buy shut off valve?
Old 05-17-2014, 05:52 AM   #19

Florida
Registry
I brought the snoozy home charged up battery ran all the appliances.Then put in the shut off valve so I can close off water supply to toilet if ever needed again . Also bought a new water pressure gizmo to keep water pressure at 40 lb .
Old 12-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #20

Florida
Registry
We finally put in a accumulator ($ 45) attached to our pump this makes the water pressure consistent and no more LED light show the lights would blink on and off when water pump would keep recycling ?

Tags
lil snoozy