Oliver Legacy Elite II - Twin Beds - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #21

Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
Mid 40's, that ain't cold. Thats mild winter weather, the Oliver should be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetguy View Post
We are in countdown mode to our December 1 delivery. I hope the Ollie really is a four season camper because it is cold in Hohenwald.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Rob Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #22

Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Virginia
David
We picked up our trailer last Wed and stayed over at the Fall Hollow Campground and it was quite cold. We set the thermostat at 67 and were right comfortable.
We have no plans to do any "cold weather camping", we is too old for that crazyness. Afraid it will be a long winter waiting for spring. Maybe next winter we will head south for some of the winter.

Stan
Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #23

Name: David
Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Hey Outlaw,

They have had nigh time lows in the 20s. That'll freeze your pipes for sure. Here in N.Florida we will drop to 28 tomorrow with 20 mph wind. That is about 30 degrees below normal night temps here.

Our plan is to spend a few extra days in TN after the delivery, but I will head South if itis bitter cold.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #24

Florida
Stan. How long was the delivery walk through? I want to be set up at Fall Hollow before dark and we will need to fill the propane tanks, and provision at A local grocery.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #25

Florida
Stan. Post a photo of your Oliver at delivery if you are able. We all like to share the experience of a new trailer.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #26

Virginia
We spent most of the day going over things, which included going to lunch with Robert,Alicia, Sherry,and Paul up at the Junk Yard Dog. Had a really nice visit with Sherry and Paul. Went to Tractor Supply to get bottles filled and their system was down so went across town to the lumber yard and filled up there. There was still enough time to go out to Fall Hollow and get setup with Roberts help. Make sure you bring about 6 pieces of 2x6 lumber to put under the jacks.
Next morning Robert stopped by and since we decided to not stop in Missouri, he walked us through the black/gray water dumping and then we went to the plant and they winterized it for us. Thank full for that since we were coming home to weather in the teens and it was about 11pm when we got home.
Don't have any pics at pickup but took some here at home. Will have to figure out how to get them on the forum.

Stan
Old 11-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #27

Florida
Stan, Thank you for the reply. When you say bring some 2 x 6s I assume that is to keep the jacks from sinking into the ground when not on a concrete or gravel pad. We have always used the yellow lego style plastic blocks for that with our Casita. Do you feel that additional support is needed for the Oliver?

Old 11-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #28

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
I would assume that is what he's suggesting. I'd think there is plenty of throw on those jacks, as I've seen pics with the wheels off the ground.

On trailers I've had in the past, I've liked to use a 6x6 block on the front jack to give a bit more travel. Often these are only good for 24" total, which may not be quite enough if you have a full size truck or SUV.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #29

Virginia
I forgot to throw some blocks in the truck and I guess I thought those yellow blocks they used in the sales shop came with the trailer. ( silly me) The ground was pretty soft and they sunk in the ground quite a bit. The bigger foot print the better and yeah a 6x6 would be good all around. It has no problem getting all 4 wheels off he ground.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #30

Florida
Wow. Those must be some strong jacks. Is it necessary to lift the trailer fully off the ground? Makes for a tall step. I have eight of those yellow lego blocks. My thinking is to start with a tall base and take some torque off the jacks. I am glad to hear that you stayed warm with the furnace. We will start out with our electric cube heater and see how that works using the furnace as a failsafe. The furnace in our Casita was so noisy we could not sleep. I am hoping the Ollie will be better because of the location in the basement. What was your experience?

Now that there more Oliver owners out there we should have a rally, or at least tag on to an egg rally.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #31

Montana
During our tour of the factory I thought the furnace ran fairly quiet, nothing like what most surface mounted heating systems sound in some RV's. I would encourage you to use the furnace.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #32

Florida
Excellent. That will be nice.
especially with the central heating to keep the head warm.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #33

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Kathy, were those photos taken at Land Between the lakes? Looks familiar, but.
We camped there a few years ago. Had a family of little skunks parade next to our feet, through the campsite.... We sat very, very still, and had no issues.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #34

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Oliver Elite II (had Casita SD, Bigfoot 21FB, & Lil Snoozy)
Kentucky
Sherry, yes, it was at Land Between the Lakes...Beautiful area. We were at the fiberglass rally several weeks ago. We heard there were skunks on the row behind us so we were watching. Glad you didn't get sprayed...eeewwww.
Kentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:39 AM   #35

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
The following morning, we met a really nice couple in a Casita at the dump station. They weren't so lucky. Their little dog saw the skunks first, jumped from her lap, and got sprayed. The wife scooped up the pup and tossed the dog in the trailer to avoid further confrontation. Now both the dog and the trailer were perfumed by Eau de pepe le Pew. I felt really bad for them. Fortunately, they were on their way home. I was glad our little dog wasn't with us on that trip, as he might have done just the same thing.
We really enjoyed the campground at LBL. It was pretty busy the weekend we were there, and the hosts gave us a spot in the tent section, with a beautiful view, and very few other campers.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #36

Montana
Oh geez this reminds me of an event many years ago when my wife and I were out car camping in the Gallatin National Forest with our two german shepherds at the time, long since departed. So its the middle of the night 2 or 3 o'clock in the early hours give or take and low and behold a skunk comes marching through our campsite. Dogs being what they are charged and got sprayed, or in this case more like getting hosed, saturated. We're tent camping mind you.

The stench was so horrific you simply could not sleep for the rest of the night and by morning it was so bad its as if the both of us felt like we had the flu, an extreme dose of this stuff really does have this affect on you. I'm dead serious about this. So the next day we head into the nearest town some 30 or 40 miles away to get anything we could to squelch the smell. We tried everything too, none of it worked. So by now we've been riding around in the car with two stinking pooches and no telling how we smelt by then too.

For what ever reason we decided to rub crushed up sage brush all over the dogs, figuring if nothing else it will at least mask the smell if not get rid of it. Much to our surprise it actually did eliminate the majority of the skunk smell. It seemed to neutralize to a large degree what ever chemical is in this fluid. Regardless we packed it in and headed back home after a day of that.

The moral of the story is… well there may not be a moral. don't take your dog camping? At least hope you're near some sage brush if they do get sprayed.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #37

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Outlaw View Post
...It seemed to neutralize to a large degree what ever chemical is in this fluid...

Mercaptans, very stinky stuff.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #38

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Oliver Elite II (had Casita SD, Bigfoot 21FB, & Lil Snoozy)
Kentucky
Makes me sick at my stomach just to think about it...Would probably shave the dog and sell the trailer!
Kentucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver