Sharing your travels. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #1

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Sharing your travels.

Want to share your travels with friends? For the three years that I have been Scamping, I have used my travel photos to make a Scamp travels calendar. I use one of the many free programs to crop and add text to the pictures then email them to Walmart. The calendar form I use requires 14 photos and it is a battle to prune the list to only 14. Then I give calendars to Scampers that I camp with every summer, other close friends, and people that helped make the year possible.
Attached Thumbnails
lowrescalendar193.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:21 AM   #2

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
Want to share your travels with friends? For the three years that I have been Scamping, I have used my travel photos to make a Scamp travels calendar. I use one of the many free programs to crop and add text to the pictures then email them to Walmart. The calendar form I use requires 14 photos and it is a battle to prune the list to only 14. Then I give calendars to Scampers that I camp with every summer, other close friends, and people that helped make the year possible.
That's really a nice idea, thanks for sharing.
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
You can also make calendars at Walgreens. They have specials on-line if you are a member which is just a free card and do pictures on-line. I get 50-70% off calendars, books, pictures including enlargements, etc. You can put as many pictures on the calendars and books as you like you are not limited to 14. The quality is very nice and my family and friends love my books and calendars. I use my travel photos all the time and try to put snowy pictures for winter months, pictures of my husband for his birth month, pictures of me for my birth month, flags for July, etc. The ideas can be endless. They are time consuming but are beautiful. You can even put captions on the pictures or pages if you want to. You can make one and order several of the same one. I customize each to each person I give one to. When we travel with friends I make a book of our travels and send them one of pictures I took of them, what we all saw, etc.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #4

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Calendars

There are last minute promotions that help the price. Have you had problems with the photos getting re-cropped and cutting off parts that you want? I did the first year and now leave room around the out side for Walmart to crop because they claim to know best how to crop. There are also photo pros in my area that print calendars but they cost about $20 / calendar.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #5

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
There are last minute promotions that help the price. Have you had problems with the photos getting re-cropped and cutting off parts that you want? I did the first year and now leave room around the out side for Walmart to crop because they claim to know best how to crop. There are also photo pros in my area that print calendars but they cost about $20 / calendar.
Walgreens shows what your picture will look like. If it doesn't show what you want then you can correct the problem before printing. Some photos do weird things if on a cell phone. I also like the fact that I can get my books within 24 hours and they will reprint if there's a problem. You can make the pictures any size or configuration you want also. Go into a Walgreens and they can show you how to do it then you can do it on-line.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp