CA 1986 Casita 16 ft, Oakland, CA $5,500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #1

Name: Shay
Trailer: 16' Casita (pending pick-up)
California
1986 Casita 16 ft, Oakland, CA $5,500

We are selling our beloved Casita! We have taken it to several Burningman events and it has been great! We are now looking to move up!

1986 Casita
16 feet
Sleeps 2 in the rear, and one on the side cushion. Best for a couple, maybe with a kid. We had 3 adults on one trip and it was tight. We did it, but that was the only and last time.
Headroom is like 5'9". I'm 6'0" and have to tilt my head a little while standing inside.

The Casita is a very light fiberglass trailer that can be towed with a small vehicle. These are great little trailers and there is a huge following for them.

The trailer has been modified a bit from it's original configuration to make it more suited for our needs. We basically removed the table from the rear that converts to a bed and made it a permanent bed. We never sat at the table, and the cushions were not very comfortable. The bed was made from very high quality foam and the bed frame was made from aluminum that was cut / welded to make a solid and light platform.

It could easily be converted back if you wanted a table. We always sat outside, under the awning.

It has electric brakes (that require a brake controller to be installed in your car), however we never felt we needed to use them. I have a brake controller, new in the box, that will go with the Casita.

Some details:
It has an air conditioning unit in the back window. It's not pretty but it works great and is the source of a lot of compliments.
The toilet and shower work great.
It has a 25 gallon fresh water tank (i think) - I know it has a water tank, but I'm not sure of the capacity
It has a 2-burner propane stove that works great.
It has LED lighting inside the perimeter of the inside. You can control the color and brightness.
There is a microwave that works good. You have to be on a generator or plugged into 110v shore power for it to work.
The original fridge was replaced with a dorm room fridge. The new fridge has a bigger capacity but needs to be plugged into a generator or shore power for it to work.
There is an awning on the side that opens up (manually) and either attaches to the side or the ground.
There are LEDs around the outside of the Casita that you can change colors. It makes it really easy to find the trailer in the campground, plus it is really cool.
There is a solar panel on the top, with a charge controller that charges the battery.
The tail lights and side lights were replaced with brighter LED lights.
12 volt plugs inside so you can charge phones, etc.
It has a 7-pin trailer plug.
2" trailer hitch that was recently replaced.
It has a spare tire. Condition is suspect, but it's there
The trailer is registered with a permanent trailer registration - no more DMV fees!
Lots of miscellaneous stuff.

Some things that need attention:
The hot water heater needs a new cover and a little work. Someone backed into the trailer while it was parked and there is some minor fiberglass work that could be done to make it perfect. I never got around to fixing it. I was going to put in a new hot water heater with electronic ignition. The one in it now uses a pilot light. Honestly, we never used the thing.
The vent on the top is old and should be replaced with a fantastic fan or something like that.
It could use new tires soon.
There was a stereo in it, but that broke. There are speakers installed.
It needs a little TLC or more customization to make it yours!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2670.jpg   IMG_2671.jpg  

IMG_2672.jpg   IMG_2674.jpg  

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 3.25.53 PM.png  
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #2

Name: Shay
Trailer: 16' Casita (pending pick-up)
California
The Casita has been sold!

Tags
casita