Price Comparison: Scamp, Casita, Escape - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 04:53 AM   #101

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
On the rivet issue, my 36 year old Bigfoot has zero rivets and 43 year old Compact Jr has 4.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:42 PM   #102

Name: Dwain
Trailer: Searching
Florida
Pat, I live in Florida. It looks like I would have to go to Canada for the Escape, and I would be worried about serivce. Oliver is in Tennessee. Would the Escape and Oliver be the top fiberglass trailers? I am thinking of something in the 17 to 20 feet range. Just my wife and me. I am just exploring right now.
Thanks for info!
Dwain
Dwainkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #103

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Escape, like most trailers, uses appliances common to the RV industry. They are covered by the manufacturers' warranty so you take the trailer to a local authorized service centre ( which are numerous ).
If there is an issue with the trailer itself, you call Escape and they will work with you and a local to you repair centre to resolve the issue.
Go here:
Escape Trailer Owners Community
to explore. You'll find several Florida owners there.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #104
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwainkitchens View Post
Pat, I live in Florida. It looks like I would have to go to Canada for the Escape, and I would be worried about serivce. Oliver is in Tennessee. Would the Escape and Oliver be the top fiberglass trailers? I am thinking of something in the 17 to 20 feet range. Just my wife and me. I am just exploring right now.
Thanks for info!
Dwain
All manufacturers warranty their work. The trailer builders warranty the trailer part they build. The components (stove, furnace, etc) are warrantied by those manufacturers - which are honored when in effect at almost any RV service center. I considered both O & E trailers and decided the Oliver was too heavy, too expensive for my needs, and not all that flexible as far as customizing.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #105

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
I think it would go Escape, Bigfoot, then Oliver with Oliver being top dog. Certainly based on price, I suspect the same order on quality however I haven't looked at a Bigfoot or an Oliver made since they reopened resumed production. Quality might be the wrong word, maybe appointments is better.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:00 PM   #106

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwainkitchens View Post
Thanks for info!
Dwain
Hi . All I can do is give you my opinion. Escape , Bigfoot at the top would be Oliver. The Oliver isn't really towed with different tow vehicles then a Escape . Many items on the Oliver are top notch . Marine stainless hardware for one . You choose your fabrics . You can choose flooring , counters , graphics to make it your own . There is too much to list in differences . They have a smaller single axle also which I believe is 18. To help make up mind if you call Escape they should have owners you could go look at their trailer . Same with Oliver or their factory tour . The Oliver is more money but not what Airstreams are going for and you are getting a lot for your money . Also what you can afford and not put yourself in financial trouble . The most important is Escape or Oliver will get you our there and camping . We have a 19 and love our layout . Didn't know about Oliver until after we purchased our Escape . I would advise you to see them both to help make your decision . Hope this helps . Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, escape, scamp