My Cloud Needs a Silver Lining - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #1

Name: Joel
Trailer: Cloud
Florida
Registry
My Cloud Needs a Silver Lining

The interior lining of my Cloud is completely gone. I don't think it had Ensolite originally, but I may use it. Can someone tell me about how thick Ensolite is? I'm going to need to tuck it into some trim strips and I want to make sure it will fit/look OK.

Thanks
cannibal53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibal53 View Post
The interior lining of my Cloud is completely gone. I don't think it had Ensolite originally, but I may use it. Can someone tell me about how thick Ensolite is? I'm going to need to tuck it into some trim strips and I want to make sure it will fit/look OK.

Thanks
My ensolite is about 3/8 inch thick, give or take. You could check with Trillum RV in California, who I heard a rumour is now selling a new version of Ensolite. There is also an apparent substitute on this website: JT's Top Shop=

Good luck,
Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Joel, if your trailer didn't have ensolite/ratfur/carpet what was on the walls? Or are they glass?

Pic's would help with suggestions.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #4

Florida
Registry
I think it originally had white vinyl, with a rib every inch or so. There's still a scrap near the door. Sort of like the vinyl used inside car doors of the same vintage. Right now the walls are just the inside of the FG (where there's no interior shell) that has been enamelled a color that can only be described by referring to a bodily function.
Thanks for the info Rick G. Have the site for new ensolite, but no mention of it's thickness. I think the ensolite will work fine.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibal53 View Post
I think it originally had white vinyl, with a rib every inch or so. There's still a scrap near the door. Sort of like the vinyl used inside car doors of the same vintage. .

I have seen that before. Really cool, the one I saw was a diamond pattern. I personally like anything cleanable and that vinyl you could just wipe off. There was actually a topic about it a while back. Let me see if I can find it.

here it is.......... http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...lls-50984.html
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #6

Florida
Registry
I would love to do the original vinyl, but can you imagine what an absolute nightmare it would be to install? Trying to get the lines straight on a surface that is basically concave? I'll keep shopping, but Ensolite is looking pretty good.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #7

Florida
Registry
Rick G thanks for the link to JT'sTop Shop. It is a lot less expensive than ensolite, tho I need to figure out the Canadian dollars. Lots of color choices too. Thanks again.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #8

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
Joel,
My Cloud has almost all of the original inside liner still intact, you can see it fairly well in some of my pictures but if you want a few more just let me know. I have been been thinking about different ways to put new stuff in but as you said in an earlier post it seems like a nightmare of a job. Plus I actually really like the way the original stuff looks and I am not sure you could find anything similar anymore. If you come up with a good replacement please let me know.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud