WA SOLD: 2012 Casita 17’ Freedom Deluxe in Tacoma, WA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2017, 10:53 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
SOLD: 2012 Casita 17’ Freedom Deluxe in Tacoma, WA

We have ordered an Escape 21 and our schedule won’t permit any trailer travel this fall so it’s time to pass the Casita along to a new owner. The starting price is $19,900. I am very receptive to offers and negotiation. The marketplace will ultimately determine what is fair.

We bought this trailer in August 2015 from a dealer in Medford, Oregon where it had been consigned by the original owner. It appeared little-used when we had it delivered. The dealer had fitted it with a new Interstate Deep Cycle SRM-27 battery and filled the 20-lb propane cylinders at that time. I’m going to guess there’s about 30-lbs of propane remaining.

The trailer was built and provided with the following standard items, options and accessories:

• EazLift Elite Weight Distribution Hitch with 1,000-lb bars. *
• Vinyl flooring.
• Fiamma F45S 300 Awning – 10-ft long.
• Suburban NT-16SEQ 16,000-btu Furnace with DSI ignition.
• Factory-installed Microwave.
• Cooling fan option for the standard Dometic RM2454 4.0 cu ft. 3-way Refrigerator.
• 16 Gallon Fresh Water Tank (is not oversized to the 25-gallon option).
• Standard 32-gallon gray tank and 15-gallon black tank.
• Two-way (gas & electric) Suburban SW6DE 6-gallon Water Heater with DSI ignition.
• Thetford 31650 Aqua-Magic Toilet, Low / Pedal Flush / White.
• Optional Coby 19″ Flat Screen HD Television w/ DVD Player.
• Optional TV Antenna with Amplifier. *
• Optional TV Shelf.
• Cable-ready option for the TV. *

The trailer is basically stock. We have added:

• A 12V / dual USB Receptacle next to the 120VAC receptacle by the stove.
• A $600 Custom Mattress with 2” Talaly latex over 5.75” of soy-based HD foam with a cotton quilted cover from Mattress Insider (the original dinette cushions will be provided too).
• A Refrigerator Baffle to improve hot-weather performance.
LED Lights for all fixtures except the range hood.
• An Amber Porch Light Lens.
• Wasp Screens over the Furnace Vents.
• A Rubber Door Stop to prevent the door from banging on the belly band.
• The Bearings were Repacked in August 2016.
• A Replacement for one of the Bargman LED taillights that was defective.

We have towed the trailer some 2,530 miles and stayed in it 32 nights. I think the trailer is in very good shape. The fiberglass inside is quite shiny and basically immaculate. The upholstery shows a bit of light wear, but no holes, rips or stains. I think the wear reflects the middling quality of the fabric more than any extensive usage.

It’s probably easiest to list what’s not in near-perfect condition:

• We have not tried the three items marked above with an asterisk (WDH, TV antenna and cable). I expect that they work, but I haven’t verified them.
• I think that the 1,000-lb bars provided with the WDH are too heavy for this trailer. Personally, I would purchase 600-lb bars if I were going to use this hitch.
• A $50 spray-head faucet I installed last year has developed a persistent leak due to one of the valves not sealing properly. At this price point I don’t know if the faucet is repairable or requires replacement; I haven’t really looked into it. The original faucet is available.
• All three tires were manufactured in the fall of 2011. The tread and sidewalls look great but they are approaching time for replacement.
• The vinyl floor exhibits normal wear.
• The MDF sink cover is somewhat swollen at the edges. MDF and water do not get along.
• I expect there are some nicks and dings on the fiberglass but I haven’t noticed anything I consider significant. The same goes for the frame.
• Someone applied silicon caulking around the Fantastic Fan, over some rivets, etc. I think it was the previous owner as it was sold in the summer and I can’t see the dealership doing this. I have not seen any evidence of leaks.

As we are going to keep trailering, I’m afraid that there won’t be a whole lot of extras with this sale as you might get from someone that is giving up trailer travel. What you will get is a trailer that is in excellent shape and can provide many years of service.

I’m sure that I’ve forgotten something(s). Please post any questions you may have. If interested, please click on my user-name at the left (Civilguy) and select “Send a private message” to send me a message. Please don’t post your email or phone number here on the thread; it’s just not a good thing to do as my mother would say.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #2

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
These pictures were part of the dealer's listing in 2015. Please let me know if there's something else you'd like to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics 01 to 04.jpg   Pics 05 to 08.jpg  

Pics 09 to 12.jpg  

Old 08-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #3

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Here are some more pictures from the same source.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics 13 to 16.jpg   Pics 18 to 21.jpg  

Old 08-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #4

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Mike!

I am sure you will have no problem finding a new home for your Casita 17' FD. Laura and I ended up with '05 Casita Freedom Deluxe in the Fall '15 as a result of our egg hunt. I have enjoyed reading your posts over the last couple of years and look forward to hearing your experiences with the Escape 21'. It is on my short list for a retirement egg in 6 to 8 years. Love the floorplan.

By the way, I didn't realize when we got our Casita FD how much I would enjoy the swivel chairs. They are so comfy. I am little concerned that a dinette would just not be as comfy on a rainy afternoon. Despite losing a bit of enclosed storage space under the dinette benches (Spirit Deluxe), we love the Freedom Deluxe and the ability to "lounge" in the Freedom Deluxe. I like being able to swivel and put my legs in the aisle. The Casita Freedom Deluxe is a great trailer and floorplan.

Take care,

Dean
Old 08-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #5

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Hi Dean,

That's funny, we actually picked ours for the chairs! And, yes, we went through "dinette anxiety" when looking for a replacement. We even focused on a Lance 1475 for a while as it has chairs. However, once we made the trip to Chilliwack we were happy to find that we can stay with molded fiberglass. We are going with the U-shaped dinette option in the Escape to make that space more "lounge-able", if that's even a word.

We store shoes and small duffle bags and other things under and behind the swivel chairs in the Casita. So, the storage space is still there, it's just open as you note.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #6

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Price change: best offer over $1.00

Obviously I am not going to sell the trailer for $2.00, but I really don't have a fixed number in mind.

First, I have never sold anything without a buyer. Second, the marketplace always tells us what something is ultimately worth.

It's a system that has worked for a thousands of years and I'm comfortable with that. I hope you are too.

I am sensitive to the forum rules, and have seen posts from moderators noting that auctions are not allowed on this site. However, most trailers are ultimately sold based on a price negotiated through PMs, email, the telephone, and/or in person. So, send me a PM if you think that this is a trailer you might like to own. I will be available until Thursday, then unavailable for some time.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...les-61548.html

There are to be NO price negotiations, or discussing of cost or payment in the public thread. Please use PM (Private Messaging) or email for this.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #7

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
We are back in town and I will be listing this trailer on other sites as we prepare to clear the driveway for our new Escape.

It is now listed on Fiberglass-RV-4Sale.com at $17,500. I posted some current pictures of the interior on that site.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #8

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
THIS TRAILER HAS BEEN SOLD...

...but not forgotten, sniff, snuffle.

It was our first "standy" as they say on the teardrops and tiny travel trailers forum.

I wish the new owners many happy adventures.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #9

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
Great news and good luck

Tags
casita