2008 Genesis - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #1

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
California
2008 Genesis

This one looks interesting. Not mine, just passing it along. It's in Sacramento.

2008 gensis fiberglass 12ft trailer
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's a Genesis. This is the first used one I've seen for sale. The manufacturer was once a member here.... cool little trailer, but just like tiny tears, etc. you do all the cooking outside.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Actually there has been one used Genesis before. About a year and a half ago, maybe longer. Seems like the guy lived near Santa Barbara. (why I remember that I have no clue.... ) Could be wrong on that fact, but Carpentiria/Santa Barbara seems right.

But the Genesis I know for sure!

Really cute trailers, I have seen one, seem like nice quality. Like Donna the out door kitchen throws me but only on cold mornings..... Truth be known I have never cooked a meal in our trailer. It's just coffee can be made from bed in the Casita. Other campers don't have to see my sleeping attire that way!

The interior height is nice, but if I remember correctly they are pretty heavy for as small as they are.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Check out: Americansporttrailers.com
for more info and pictures.
It's a really heavy trailer and has an interesting swivel out 12 v cooler, similar to the Igloo or Coleman model.
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
This was the kind of trailer I thought my son and daughter-in-law should get, since she wanted outdoor cooking capabilities. However, since we now have our first grandchild on the way, it no longer would work for them.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
This was the kind of trailer I thought my son and daughter-in-law should get, since she wanted outdoor cooking capabilities. However, since we now have our first grandchild on the way, it no longer would work for them.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #7

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Really cute trailers, I have seen one, seem like nice quality. Like Donna the out door kitchen throws me but only on cold mornings..... Truth be known I have never cooked a meal in our trailer. It's just coffee can be made from bed

Robin,
If I am seeing these pictures correctly, it looks like you might be able to make coffee from bed! Just stick your arm out that little window!
Marjie
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
LOL Marjie....... If I remember correctly the one I saw had a sliding door versus a window. But I can't remember for sure. I wish I had taken pictures of it.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Wha happen'd?

Hey, what's happened to the manufacturer of the Genesis?

All links (and the telephone number below) take me to AmericanRV.com, where you can see a pic of the Genesis under "Custom Trailers." A click there takes you to some other big rig, but no Genesis...

American Sport Trailer Company

135 North Aspan Avenue #5
Azusa, CA 91702
Local: 626-969-4740

Brands Produced:
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #10

Robert, American Sport Trailer Company was the manufacturer of the Genesis. Sorta like Evelands is the manufacturer of the Scamp. IMHO I think what turned people off is it was a large trailer, but owners had to cook outside. That's fine for some, but certainly not all which shrunk the buying pool by a bunch.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Registry
Thanks, Donna, I understand. My question is, where's Genesis? It is not shown anywhere, and the original guy/company in earlier posts evidently is not in the picture anymore...

Any ideas?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post
Thanks, Donna, I understand. My question is, where's Genesis? It is not shown anywhere, and the original guy/company in earlier posts evidently is not in the picture anymore...

Any ideas?
I'm guessing orphaned. From our Helpful-Links page the "Genesis" link takes everyone to the American RV Company... and there's a link to the "Custom Trailer" which only displays the "American Sport Trailer 2011 Exodus Toy Hauler Camper Trailer RV" too bad... maybe another molded manufacturer bit the dust.

Because of the manufacturing logistics, sticky trailers are cheaper to build and sell. Buyers think they're getting a better deal.... which over the long run, we molded trailer owners know isn't true... the home page is FULL of orphaned trailers. FiberglassRV provides a great place for all those owners to feel welcomed and ask questions that are targeted to their particular build.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Registry
"Orphaned"... That's what I am beginning to suspect. Wonder why?

As to stickies, ever drive by a RV lot and try to count all the units just standing there? They may be cheap, but they offer no value. Material or intrinsic. I think folks recognize that...

Tags
genesis