cadet lowered 7inch - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2015, 06:08 AM   #1

Name: peter
Trailer: cadet
England
Registry
cadet lowered 7inch

Here's some pics of my n126 /cadet lowered with upsidedown avonride indespension units ,the wheels are 13in minilites,it's now about 7in lower,I removed the rear corner steadys as they catch speed humps,front is fine,I use a block of wood on rear chassis to stop tipping backwards :-)
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG4455.jpg   IMAG4542.jpg  

IMAG4461.jpg   IMAG4931.jpg  

IMAG4387.jpg   IMAG4507.jpg  

IMAG4517.jpg  
camperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:15 AM   #2

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
cadet lowered 7inch

Just curious how come you lowered it? Was it for the cool factor or gas mileage?
I just raised my eggcamper so I could get to better boondocks and steeper parking lots. It did not change my gas mileage at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-19-2015, 06:57 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Very nice. We tow with a Eurovan (Caravelle) here too, or at least did. We bought a Ford Expedition and are now trying to sell the Eurovan. We hated to do it, as the Eurovan has so much storage space, a lot more than the Expedition, but the engineering (and frankly, mechanics here in the US who don't know how to fix them since they are so rare here - none shipped here since 2003) cost us too much in the last 2 years. The VW engineers put a sensor into the gas tank that when it blows, you have to replace the whole gas tank. Stupid.
We also decided that since we broke down in the wilds of WV (long story!) a few years ago with our previous Eurovan, we needed a stronger engine for mountains and a car that can be fixed by US mechanics. We think the fans in front shattered due to the effort of the mountains. Hubby fixed it after I found directions on the European Caravelle forum.

Very nice setup. Inside pix?

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:38 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
How Low Can You Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkman View Post
Just curious how come you lowered it? Was it for the cool factor or gas mileage?
I just raised my eggcamper so I could get to better boondocks and steeper parking lots. It did not change my gas mileage at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Not to mention, it looks like it only has about 25mm of vertical suspension travel. I hope you only stay on smoooooth motorways in your travels. LOL

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #5

England
Registry
The original leaf Spring suspension was shot-bushes +shock absorbers and the caravan was 2ft off the ground and didn't " look cool" so decided to pimp it! The caravan is a lot lighter now iv removed all the furniture and the suspension units are rated 350kg, there is not really any travel on the suspension arms with it being so light - even fitting them the right up, also there is no service mot/checks on caravans /trailers here in the UK
Old 10-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #6

England
Registry
Vw t4 transporter /Caravelle are big here in the UK - the one to have is 2.5tdi - pull like a train - with little caravans on the back.
Pics inside come soon
Old 10-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #7

England
Registry
Some inside pics posted in the modifications and alterations section

Tags
cadet