LiteHouse trailer manual -- help - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2003, 07:44 AM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
little trailers

>dragging along a full bathroom, a real mattress, and enough floor space for us to walk past each other <

After I read about the pickup camper, I know I was going down the wrong trail. I agree with the real mattress part, and the bathroom part, well I even agree with the walking past part. second thought she has the right idea all the way around. Course when I get set up for a stay in place camp, I'm out more then in, so I need a roomy outside shade and rain protection.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:49 PM   #42

Eric wrote
__________________________________________________ _____
Could a trailer be light enough to be towed on the River Road at Big Bend N.P. (which is usually in better shape than the Park Service lets on)? They greatly discourage, if they do not ban outright, the use of trailers there.
__________________________________________________ _____
And well they should. Consider the logistics of getting a broken down trailer or motorhome out of there.

They reason that they are so strict is that some people have no sense and get in over their head before they know it or worse still never know it. People die in the park more often than most people know.

I have seen low clearance passenger cars stuck on the sand on the river road and sitting in a pool of oil on the ore road where the have holed either the oil pan or the transmission.

Sorry Eric I'll get off my soap box now.

Old 01-14-2003, 07:15 PM   #43

Nick wrote:

"And well they should. Consider the logistics of getting a broken down trailer or motorhome out of there."

Oh, I'm quite aware of that. I drive very cautiously on primitive roads. I am also aware that many people have no idea of what they are getting into, and that people who are easily scared away from a bad road probably do not belong on a primitive road.

I certainly wouldn't want to drive a large or heavy RV or trailer on such a road, any more than I would want to take a low-clearance car there. I also look askance at some of these 4WD truck campers I see (very top-heavy). I've driven the Old Ore Road and parts of the River Road in my pickup, and never without adequate tools and more water than we could possibly need.

More than anything, I was dreaming. The LiteHouse looks like something that could be used in that manner. I certainly wouldn't tow anything larger than that back there.

As it stands, I've been vetoed out of owning one (assuming I could find one to buy), so it's a moot point.

You're right to advise caution, though.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:08 AM   #44

Lite House

Is the Lite House still manufactured?

Old 06-03-2003, 07:50 PM   #45

No it's not

LiteHouse went bankrupt in (I believe) 1997. I think there were 63 total trailers built.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:24 AM   #46

Trailer: Lite House Grand Camp
Quote:
' date='Nov 30 2002, 06:37 AM' post='137013']
I just purchased a 13 ft. (10 ft inside) molded fiberglass trailer called LiteHouse from an elderly gentleman who managed to lose the owner's manual and other info. I'm hoping to find another owner, or source of a xerox copy!
I understand that only a very few (80-ish) of these were built around 1996 before the company went bust. I think that they were located in Nevada?
Thanks for any advice!
I'm a recent widow, and disabled (arm amputee). It will be an adventure to see if I can figure out how to manage this contraption myself.

I just recently purchased one and it came with a folder of manuals for it. If you still want them, let me know.
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #47

Trailer: ***
Quote:
I just recently purchased one and it came with a folder of manuals for it. If you still want them, let me know.
Deborah:

I'm working on a DVD of the original VHS sales tape from LiteHouse for you.

Do I read your post correctly that you HAVE an owner's manual for your LiteHouse? If so, I'd very much appreciate a chance to copy and scan the ORIGINAL(s) you have and return them to you as I did with the sales brochures and DVD that Dena Foster sent me.

Let me know --- in the meantime, I'll get this stuff ready for you and send a PM this weekend. Thanks, in advance, if you have manuals I can copy and return to you.
Dan I is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
litehouse