Just got a Lite House - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 95 Lite House Trailer for Two
' We just returned back from a 1200 mile round trip to bring home a '95 Lite House Trailer-for-Two. Our thanks to the forum, since we found out about it through a fellow forum member. It's just right for our CRV, and tows like a gem. We still got a good 20mpg on the way from Virginia to Atlanta. And a neat thing about the Lite House is it's no wider than the car, zips through traffic and no tow mirrors needed. Interior is small (the "two" in trailer-for-two must like each other), but it has lots of potential for a makeover -- will

If anybody knows info about the Lite House, we'd love to connect with you. I know there's a couple other owners here and read a couple posts. It's quite the little bed on wheels.

Happer trailering,
Bill and Pat

Will post pics as soon as I figure out how!
Bill&Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Wow! Congrats on your neat little find!

We love pictures!

Here are a couple links to help you post them

How to

and What to
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Too cool!

Here's the pictures we have in the Albums: Lite House Album

Thought the brochure was there?? Guess not, here's the front cover just for you:

Click image for larger version

Name:	X1_LiteHouse.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	456.3 KB
ID:	5103

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #4

Trailer: ***
Bill & Pat:

I'm also a new(er) owner of a 1996 LiteHouse Trailer-For-Two (purchased off eBay in June). I am looking for an OWNER'S MANUAL for a LiteHouse --- did YOUR'S come with one?!

Contact me by PM and I'll share what little information I have about mine. BTW, if you think the LiteHouse QUEEN-sized bed is small, ask some of the other egg brand owners about the dimensions of their beds! As with most things in life, size is relative.

Enjoy your new toy and post pictures when you can. Looking forward to your PM.
Dan I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #5

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Quote:
' We just returned back from a 1200 mile round trip to bring home a '95 Lite House Trailer-for-Two. Our thanks to the forum, since we found out about it through a fellow forum member. It's just right for our CRV, and tows like a gem. We still got a good 20mpg on the way from Virginia to Atlanta. And a neat thing about the Lite House is it's no wider than the car, zips through traffic and no tow mirrors needed. Interior is small (the "two" in trailer-for-two must like each other), but it has lots of potential for a makeover -- will

If anybody knows info about the Lite House, we'd love to connect with you. I know there's a couple other owners here and read a couple posts. It's quite the little bed on wheels.
Happer trailering,
Bill and Pat

Bill and Pat: The longer I hang around this forum the more I realize I like quirky trailers and I think the Lite House is quirky and out of the ordinary. Certainly offering more than a teardrop, plus it is perfect to pull behind my 2006 Honda Element. I want one for me. I've googled and found nothing. If anyone has a lead on a Lite House please let me know! Does anyone have the tech specs on the rig?

I want a Lite House.
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:42 PM   #6

Trailer: ***
Quote:
Does anyone have the tech specs on the rig?
From the 1997 LiteHouse Grand Camp (nee Trailer-For-Two) brochure:

Overall length: 12 ft 6 in
Overall height: 7 ft 6 in
Overall width: 5 ft 8 in
Body length: 9 ft 2 in
Interior floor length: 8 ft 3 in
Interior height: 6 ft 0 in
Bed dimension: 63 in x 78 in
Hitch weight (empty): 85 lbs
Axle weight (empty): 875 lbs
Total weight (empty) 960 lbs
Cargo capacity: 540 lbs
Gross axle weight rating: 1400 lbs
Gross vehicle weight rating: 1500 lbs

These trailers occasionally come up on eBay (where I found mine), craigslist.com and on this forum. It won't be an easy find though as only 66 were made in four years!

Here is another option, but it is NOT a LiteHouse:

Weis-Craft

Good luck and keep us posted! I'm looking for an owner's manual if you find one!!
Dan I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
In 1996, I happened to look at a couple of Lite Houses in New Mexico (as I recall, they were made in Albuquerque) -- I was told the starters of the company were an older camping couple who were tired of crawling into tents and wanted something easier -- The orig L H was merely a fiberglass shell with a sleeping platform inside, but they got so many requests for RV amenities that they started offering more models -- One that I saw in a state park was set up for easy access by a person in a wheelchair (leaving the chair outside).
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #8

We've been shopping and have some new wall liner to put on & seat material. The more we putter on this little Lite of mine, the more we respect it for its simplicity and function. When we got it home we first thought it shrunk in the rain (and it rained all the way from Atlanta to Richmond and back!). It seemed almost too small . But the more we putter with it, the more we like it. It's cozy, and forces one to think in terms of simplicity and multi-function spaces. I'm sure any smaller glass trailer begs for creative spaces, but the Lite House is one of the smaller of the small. And the full-sized bed is a surprise luxury---we're not "big" people, but we do enjoy stretching out. As soon as we finish some redecorating we'll post more pics...these are compliments of our fellow forum mbr and newest fiber-friend, Eddie, from whom we purchased:
(sure hope these pics work!)
Attached Thumbnails
lh1.JPG   lh2.JPG  

Old 10-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #9

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Bill & Pat: If you ever come up I-75 through Chattanooga I would like to meet you and your Lite House. We are only 1.5 miles from I-75.

Don
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:27 AM   #10

Don, absolutely. We hope to go up that way in the near future -- Chat's really just a suburb of Atlanta, y'know! And you're welcome to drop me a PM to stop by if you're down this way anytime.

Bill
Old 10-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #11

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
We've been shopping and have some new wall liner to put on & seat material. The more we putter on this little Lite of mine, the more we respect it for its simplicity and function. When we got it home we first thought it shrunk in the rain (and it rained all the way from Atlanta to Richmond and back!). It seemed almost too small . But the more we putter with it, the more we like it. It's cozy, and forces one to think in terms of simplicity and multi-function spaces. I'm sure any smaller glass trailer begs for creative spaces, but the Lite House is one of the smaller of the small. And the full-sized bed is a surprise luxury---we're not "big" people, but we do enjoy stretching out. As soon as we finish some redecorating we'll post more pics...these are compliments of our fellow forum mbr and newest fiber-friend, Eddie, from whom we purchased:
(sure hope these pics work!)
What a cool little trailer! Lots of great camping in your area. If you ever camp at The Pocket, let me know. It's an area I'd like to try but have never gotten the chance.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #12

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Congratulations on your new trailer, Bill and Pat! Your lite-house is very cute.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #13

Trailer: Lite House
Hello:

Just purchased a LITE HOUSE , but haven't towed it yet.

Do you use BRAKES OR SWAY BAR?

Thanks,
Richard
richard Trafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #14

Name: bonnie
Trailer: lite house travel trailer for two
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill&Pat View Post

Happer trailering,
Bill and Pat

We just purchased a Lite House Trailer for Two about a month ago. It is in good shape, except the covering on the ceiling is loose. Do you know where we could get a manual?
bmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #15

Name: bonnie
Trailer: lite house travel trailer for two
Kentucky
Hi Richard, we just purchased one about a month ago, but only towed it home. We are looking for a manual, do you have one?

Thanks,
Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard Trafton View Post
Hello:

Just purchased a LITE HOUSE , but haven't towed it yet.

Do you use BRAKES OR SWAY BAR?

Thanks,
Richard
bmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bonnie, did you check the Document Center. No manual, but a pretty good brochure! http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/d...seBrochure.pdf
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite house