"Casita and Friends" 2009 spring rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
The "Casita and Friends Rally" has been scheduled for June 18-21, 2009, at the Four Paws Kingdom Campground in Rutherfordton, N.C. The name of the fourth annual event has been changed to reflect the traditional concept of being open to all interested campers. The popular event welcomes all owners of Casita, Scamp, Oliver and other fiberglass campers, as well as anyone else interested in learning more about them. Everyone is welcome to take part in the fellowship and all other activities. Four Paws Kingdom Campground will cater a dinner for the rally, as well as providing a variety of other entertainment, as they have in the last three years. Although Four Paws is geared for dogs and their adult owners, it is not necessary to own a dog to enjoy all the amenities of the rally. Everyone who has been there knows that the hospitality and personal involvement of the campground's owners goes well beyond their devotion to dogs. Four Paws is already taking reservations for the 2009 Casita and Friends Rally. They can be contacted via their website: http://www.4pawskingdom.com/. There is also a wealth of information about the campground on the site. More details about the rally will be announced as planning continues.
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Wink

Wow, wow, wow and wow! What a great place for those of us with dogs!! I thought it was a bit expensive until I saw all the amenities and doggie things to do!! This will also be at the very beginning of my full-time excursion in my Scamp (I think, haven't decided exactly what to get yet). I will mull it over and let you know more when I do. I will only be about a month in on my excursion set to last how ever long I want it too, so it would be great to go and get ideas from other campers and dog owners regarding traveling with a dog!!! Thanks for posting, I just love these forums!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Wow, wow, wow and wow! What a great place for those of us with dogs!! I thought it was a bit expensive until I saw all the amenities and doggie things to do!! This will also be at the very beginning of my full-time excursion in my Scamp (I think, haven't decided exactly what to get yet). I will mull it over and let you know more when I do. I will only be about a month in on my excursion set to last how ever long I want it too, so it would be great to go and get ideas from other campers and dog owners regarding traveling with a dog!!! Thanks for posting, I just love these forums!
Monica: I apologize for not responding to your post more quickly. I hang out mostly over on the Casita Club .com site. Anyway, we sure hope you can join us dog-lovers and fiberglass-lovers.
We go to this campground several times a year, in addition to the annual rally, and the campground owners really make it the wonderful place that it is. They are great people, and the food and entertainment they provide even on a normal weekend are unbelievable. I don't know of any other campground like it. In any case, we really hope you can make it.

Mike
Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #4

Something new that's been added to our agenda is a presentation on the Canine Companions for Independence. This group provides highly trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities. Volunteer puppy raisers - and Casita owners - Marty and Suzanne Cooke will provide an overview of the organization, such as where the dogs come from, what breeds are used and their raising, training and placement. They will be joined by their current puppy in training, Maverick, a 13-month-old golden retriever.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #5

We were at Four Paws over the weekend, and they told us that 11 have already signed up for the June rally. Based on registrations at this point in previous years, it appears we will get our normal turnout of 25 or so fiberglass enthusiasts, but we are hoping for more. If you haven't been to this one, please check out the link in the initial post here to see all that's scheduled.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:18 AM   #6

Here's the list of attendees who are signed up so far for the June rally, which is just six weeks away. Sorry about a few of the spouses' names that were not provided. There's plenty more room at Four Paws Kingdom Campground, so we hope to see more of you registering with the campground soon.

Tom and Pat, High Point, NC; Yorkie.
Charlie and Loretta, Waynesville, NC; 2 dachshunds
Mike and Mary, Lexington, NC; Yorkie
Bob and Jean, Hayesville, NC; Jack Russell
George and Terry, Altoona, FL; Chesapeake Bay retriever
Al and Julia, Inman, SC; poodle mix
John and Vi, Evans, GA; shitzu
Paul and wife, Gouldsboro, PA
Nick and Leslie, Marietta, GA; golden, 2 mixed
Gary and wife, Richland Hills, TX; Chihuahua/dachshund mix
Terry and Susan, Rocky Mount, NC; mix
Fred and Debralee, Severna Park, MD; 2 Chihuahuas, 1 pomeranien
Paul and Marsha, Harrisonburg, VA; golden retriever
Jerry and wife, Norfolk, VA; golden
Karen and husband, Linton, IN; English setter
Marty and Suzanne, Powell, TN; Lab and Lab/golden
Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #7

Here's the list so far with a couple of adjustments:

Bob and Jean, Hayesville, NC; Jack Russell
Gary and wife, Richland Hills, TX; Chihuahua/dachshund mix
Terry and Susan, Rocky Mount, NC; mix
Karen and her sister Sharon, Linton, IN; English setter
Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #8

Here are a couple more welcome additions to our list of attendees:

Bob and Jean, Hayesville, NC; black lab mix
Gary and Marlene, Richland Hills, TX; Chihuahua/dachshund mix
Terry and Susan, Rocky Mount, NC; rat terrier and mix
Karen and her sister Sharon, Linton, IN; English setter
Jon and Chris, Franklin, NC; two mutts
Joe and Linda, Clarkesville, GA; two standard poodles

Looks like it will be a great mix of some old friends and some new friends. And there is still room for more at Four Paws.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Hi there,

we might be in the area. will check to see if there is still room, BUT, we have two cats!!!!!

Joe and Melanie

Joseph and Melanie Castine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita