anyone here on the casita club forum? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2009, 07:01 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
i have registered and currently logged on but i cant start or answer topics. it says error i do not have permission to start topics. i emailed the administrator about it twice but no answer. can anyone PM the administrator to get in touch with me at
kelly.w.tipton[at]shell.com thanks
KellyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Kelly - same situation. Also put in SEVERAL requests, no response. Sigh.
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Did you follow the instructions Eric posted in this link?
This is only for people who have registered, but are now waiting for their posting ability to be approved!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
I used to be able to post and now I can't. I tried to contact the administrator and I didn't get a response either. Don't know what is it with that.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
I used to be able to post and now I can't. I tried to contact the administrator and I didn't get a response either. Don't know what is it with that.
Eric seems to have been invaded by internet goblins. It started three years ago has been getting worse it seems.
He used to ask that you write a letter to him to verify you were not a robot. Now he wont allow anyone with a free email account (yahoo, gmail. etc) to become a member.

I had the same problem with one of my old forums so I switched to simple machines smf that had a "capthca" robot killer and everything immediately changed. Not sure if captcha can be added to IPboard by upgrade but I am certain there are eggheads around that can.. and cheap too.

ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I have found that if I'm not posting on the Casita forums, I have the same problem. Seems as though my access gets dropped. It's not like I don't visit the sites for 5 years or more where they might want to clear out old accounts. Having said that I know I've posted on the Casita Travel Trailer site numerous times in the last year and a half or so. I don't post on the Casita Club site much but did want to and found I had no access having been dropped. I often wondered if others had the same problem.

Just recently:

I went through the gyrations of getting a new password then changing it to the one I want to use on the Casita Travel Trailer forum and now have access.

I went to the Casita Club forum and had trouble logging in so I just got frustrated and decided it's a forum I don't need to visit if they are going to drop me for non-posting which was my reasoning for the problem.

These are hoops I've jumped through numberous times in the past and am tired of it. So if my access gets dropped I'm very apt to just say Bye-bye to those forums.

BTW: I don't have a free email account.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
Slightly off topic but has anyone beside me had trouble logging on to casitaforum.com, the Casita Travel Trailer Forum site? I got a message over the weekend that some maintenance was going on. Now, I get one of those typical Microsoft messages that do not tell you anything when I click on the Forum connection. I have thought about cranking up thr old Linux system to see if that will work.
HerseyBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #8

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Slightly off topic but has anyone beside me had trouble logging on to casitaforum.com, the Casita Travel Trailer Forum site? I got a message over the weekend that some maintenance was going on.
We did not get a message about the maintance and have had no trouble posting over there.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
Quote:
We did not get a message about the maintance and have had no trouble posting over there.
Hmmmm!
Must be on my end.
Thanks for the info.
HerseyBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Slightly off topic but has anyone beside me had trouble logging on to casitaforum.com, the Casita Travel Trailer Forum site? I got a message over the weekend that some maintenance was going on. Now, I get one of those typical Microsoft messages that do not tell you anything when I click on the Forum connection.[b] I have thought about cranking up thr old Linux system to see if that will work.
If [$casita_forum/ $not allow]
then echo "*^%#"
elif [$big hammer/$unix]
then echo "this is BS"
else punt
fi dude

ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita