21 inch vent opening in Play Mor II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2007, 11:44 PM   #1

Trailer: Play Mor II 13 ft
I recently purchased a 13' Play-Mor II that was missing its roof cover (temporarily has plywood there) 14 inch is the standard....anyone know where I might find a cover? I've only tried a google search so far and didn't see anything.....Is this the standard size for a roof ac unit (21"x21")?

Thanks for any help,

Mark
Mark Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Mark, bet you're actually looking for an egress vent cover...like Scamp has been known to use. It's pitch dark outside, or I'd go outside and measure the one in my trailer...I KNOW it's bigger than 14x14. That doesn't help you much right now, but you could either call Scamp (800-346-4962) or Google for egress...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 1972 MKP Grandesse T (made in Denmark)
Up till now I thought the MKP had the bigest vent opening at 18"x18" and I didn't think it was possible to find anything bigger than 14".
Thanks for the name (egress vent) and the tip!!
Good luck, Mark with your search!
Denise K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #4

Trailer: Play Mor II 13 ft
Well, still no luck so far....

On the bright side, it fits a box fan PERFECTLY! Nice for when I have electrical hookups.

Maybe I'll try to improvise a 12v fan in a box frame (with bug netting) for those clear days/nights. I'll just waterproof the plywood temporary top.

Let me know if anybody has a good idea.

Mark

Quote:
Up till now I thought the MKP had the bigest vent opening at 18"x18" and I didn't think it was possible to find anything bigger than 14".
Thanks for the name (egress vent) and the tip!!
Good luck, Mark with your search!
Mark Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
You may find what you need here:

http://www.rvshop.com/

I'm in the same boat trying to find a replacement for the "Jensen Astro-Exit" vent cover for my '95 Scamp... The one on it is cracked. Jensen is apparently no longer in business, but Elixir is making very similar vents in a variety of sizes. They're referred to as "exit vents" on the site. Good luck!
Matthew Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 AM   #6

Trailer: 92 Scamp 13 ft
Matthew- I know this is an antique thread but I am very interested to find out what you eventually did to replace the Jensen exit vent. Ours is slightly cracked but serviceable, and I don't really want to pull the old one (and therefore be able to measure the rough opening) until I have a replacement in hand.

Brian

Quote:
You may find what you need here:

http://www.rvshop.com/

I'm in the same boat trying to find a replacement for the "Jensen Astro-Exit" vent cover for my '95 Scamp... The one on it is cracked. Jensen is apparently no longer in business, but Elixir is making very similar vents in a variety of sizes. They're referred to as "exit vents" on the site. Good luck!
schousek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #7

Name: kevin
Trailer: 1990 scamp 16ft
Kentucky
Is anyone had any luck on these??? i have a 21x21 jensen exit hatch.. and i need a cover. Does anyone know where i can find one? thanks
ampline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #8

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
I went throught this several years ago.
I don't think just the covers are available.
I spent hours searching the web.
I ended up installing a new assembly.
John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #9

Trailer: Play Mor II 1986
Send a message via MSN to Israel Galindo Send a message via Yahoo to Israel Galindo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tyler View Post
I recently purchased a 13' Play-Mor II that was missing its roof cover (temporarily has plywood there) 14 inch is the standard....anyone know where I might find a cover? I've only tried a google search so far and didn't see anything.....Is this the standard size for a roof ac unit (21"x21")?

Thanks for any help,

Mark
I just bought one... I don't have the item number with me, but I can get it for you on Monday... It's a 22" escape hatch... I think it's made by ventline, but I will make sure. I too have a play-mor II
Israel Galindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #10

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1986 Play-Mor II & Scamp 13' Build date April 2019
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Galindo View Post
I just bought one... I don't have the item number with me, but I can get it for you on Monday... It's a 22" escape hatch... I think it's made by ventline, but I will make sure. I too have a play-mor II
HAve the part number?
CSiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
play-mor, play–pac