Outback 13 versus Escape 13 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yes, we have several members with new Trilliums. Roger CH is one of the most active. Nice trailer. I bet he would be glad to answer any questions.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... I had the chance to talk to Tom Young owner of Trillium RV U.S.A. at Bolerama as he was in Canada delivering a trailer load of trailers. I think he is a bit of a "one man band" at the moment due to starting up his company. He told me that California really wanted him to start there...but proceeded to throw up roadblocks at every turn. The reason for the Escape shells was something to do with million dollar air handling equipment required for the strict E.P.A. code in Ca. Solution...Move to NV.
Being a former production V Pres. for Trillium Trailers Markham Ontario Canada in the '70's doesn't hurt either.
The concern of the '09 Trillium owner I spoke to was interior fit/finish but then again there were time lines due to delivery for Bolerama in early July. In this case Escape has had more years to..."Get It Right"!!!
We have an early years Escape 17'er here in town and viewing both I noticed a vast improvement in our 5.0
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #23

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi everybody! yes, dennis and i have our outback by team trillium in calgary and frankly, we love it!
and we have not had any negative dealings with the calgary manufacturers at all. in fact, we have felt that they have always answered any of our questions/queries in a timely manner and with good customer service.

sure, we would like to see a few changes made to our outback to make it perfect...some of which i have PM'd sean about already...but honestly, these are now things that are either stock on the new units or orderable options, according to their website.
our unit is now 5 years old and we did not get to choose any options, as we bought from a guy in nova scotia who had ordered 5 units and had them shipped from calgary by train, and actually we got the last unit, so it was like it...or lump it!! and we like it!!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Quote:
one thing that always stuck out in my memory was a member here called team trillium and received rude customer service over the phone and took their business elsewhere. That was a potential 13 grand customer.
You may be thinking of me........It's a long story but the sales rep I talked had no interest at all in helping me ...she told me that Outback doesn't really sell their trailers in the U.S. and didn't encourage me to pursue my search. I took my business to Tom Young who makes Trillium RV in the U.S. We love our Trill, it's a Thrill. By the way, I'm not the only one who was treated poorly over the phone by Outback.

Lloyd
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #25

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hi everybody! yes, dennis and i have our outback by team trillium in calgary and frankly, we love it!
and we have not had any negative dealings with the calgary manufacturers at all. in fact, we have felt that they have always answered any of our questions/queries in a timely manner and with good customer service.

sure, we would like to see a few changes made to our outback to make it perfect...some of which i have PM'd sean about already...but honestly, these are now things that are either stock on the new units or orderable options, according to their website.
our unit is now 5 years old and we did not get to choose any options, as we bought from a guy in nova scotia who had ordered 5 units and had them shipped from calgary by train, and actually we got the last unit, so it was like it...or lump it!! and we like it!!!
was this guy a dealer? every time i ask a dealer about parts and tell them what it is for they scratch their heads and change the subject...i would like to find a dealer in nova scotia that had a clue about these trailers.

thank you
KevinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #26

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
You will never go wrong dealing with Rease and Tammy at Escape. Their trailers are about the best I have seen among new trailers in terms of fit & finish and they really care about ensuring you are happy with your purchase.
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape