Would like to see Scamp 13' in NC Triad area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #1

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita Sprit Deluxe 17
North Carolina
Question Would like to see Scamp 13' in NC Triad area

Hello scampers, the wife and I are seriously considering purchasing a new 13' Scamp and would love to see inside and discuss pros and cons with the owners of one of these nice little eggs. We live in the North Carolina Triad (Greensboro, Winston-Salem) area. We can travel a couple hundred miles from our area if need be.

We have requested references from Scamp but have not received a response yet.

We were also considering attending the up coming the "Egg camping group" rally in Cherokee, NC in Oct. in hopes of hooking up with Scamp owners.

If you are in the NC triad area and are open to showing off your Scamp we would love to visit.

Thank you
Larry & Sue Shockley
lrshockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #2

Name: Danny
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Kentucky
Larry,
We just brought a new 13' Scamp home from Backus and plan to be at the Cherokee meet. We would be glad to show you around. We love ours and were very pleased with the purchasing experience.
Danny1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #3

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Have a Scamp 19' in N.C. if you want to compare. Would be glad to show.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Welcome to FGRV

It seems strange to me that with you living in NC, you would ignore Parkliner in Gibsonville, NC (38miles), Lil Snoozy in St Matthew, SC (200miles), and Sidekick/Trillium in Winfield, AL (535miles), and be interested in Scamp in Backus, MN (1300miles). Even Casita in Rice, TX (1100miles) and Egg Camper in Grandville, MI (728miles) are closer.

Shipping is about $1.50 per mile, I understand.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #5

Name: Danny
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
It seems strange to me that with you living in NC, you would ignore Parkliner in Gibsonville, NC (38miles), Lil Snoozy in St Matthew, SC (200miles), and Sidekick/Trillium in Winfield, AL (535miles), and be interested in Scamp in Backus, MN (1300miles). Even Casita in Rice, TX (1100miles) and Egg Camper in Grandville, MI (728miles) are closer.

Shipping is about $1.50 per mile, I understand.
Roger is correct, paying for shipping takes away a lot of the bang for the buck a new Scamp provides. We found that going to pick it up is part of the fun, we made it a 3000 mile camping loop and saw a lot of beautiful country we had never visited before. We retraced much of the route Melissa B. has shared here and had a great time.
Danny1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #6

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita Sprit Deluxe 17
North Carolina
Hey Danny, hooking up in Cherokee sounds great. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your new Scamp. We love visiting the Cherokee, Maggie Valley area.

According to Lynne Finnell (an event coordinator) there will be the "Egg Parade" Saturday 10/18 which is an open house where participants view and discuss each other's trailers. I suppose I can be on the look out for Danny from Kentucky, sound good?

Thanks papa-t. I appreciate your offer. Would love to own an 19' but its beyond my pay grade.

Danny, Roger the wife and I are also very much looking forward to the adventure of traveling to Backus, MN and picking up our new home away from home. Have never been to MN. The thought having it shipped to us, never crossed our minds.

Roger, I have not ignored Parkline or the other egg brands. I have done a considerable amount of research and I have been to Gibsonville and checked out Parkline. In the end the Scamp 13' best fits my needs and budget.

Thanks again Danny and others for being willing to share.

Larry and Sue Shockley
North Carolina
lrshockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Okay, Good.

"Roger, I have not ignored Parkline or the other egg brands. I have done a considerable amount of research and I have been to Gibsonville and checked out Parkline. In the end the Scamp 13' best fits my needs and budget."

Thank you for that info. From your posting one didn't know how much you knew, but it is good to see you did your homework.

We hope you enjoy your new Scamp as much as we love our Trillium!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp