Leaking toilet ...scamp 13' 2006 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Name: Dunia
Trailer: Scamp 13' Deluxe
Georgia
Leaking toilet ...scamp 13' 2006

So... I've taken my scamp to Camping World twice now. Last time they had it for a month, ordered pieces, etc... Because there was a leak inside the bathroom around the tank. I went camping this weekend and noticed the leaking is still there. I noticed it leaking when I flush the toilet coming from right underneath the bowl part. " the neck of the toilet seat." I don't want to take it back to Camping World" they are definitely taking advantage of me! The first time I let it pass. But twice in a row...the definitely don't know what the heck they are doing in my opinion.
Anyway...I'll post pics, to show exactly what I saw this weekend while camping...

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
DuniaSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:56 PM   #2

Georgia
Leaking toilet ...scamp 13' 2006

[QUOTE=DuniaSanchez;482766]So... I've taken my scamp to Camping World twice now. Last time they had it for a month, ordered pieces, etc... Because there was a leak inside the bathroom around the tank. I went camping this weekend and noticed the leaking is still there. I noticed it leaking when I flush the toilet coming from right underneath the bowl part. " the neck of the toilet seat." I don't want to take it back to Camping World" they are definitely taking advantage of me! The first time I let it pass. But twice in a row...the definitely don't know what the heck they are doing in my opinion.
Anyway...I'll post pics, to show exactly what I saw this weekend while camping...

Is there something I should order from Scamp and could I replace it myself. I can't stand Valdosta's Camping World's lack of professionalism and competence after the labor fee compared to the actual price of the pieces, really.
Keep in mind I'm fairly new at camping, I'm a female and have never worked on a camper before....:/
Any suggestions that may help are appreciated!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
I had the same problem with my Casita toilet which I think is the same as yours. I had a similar leak which seems to have disappeared after I changed out the seal for the ball valve. I also found that 2 of the bolts holding it to the tank, had rotted off so only one side was being held down. Not sure which caused it but its fixed.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #4

Georgia
Do you know how to take scamp toilet apart. Maybe that way I can replace what I see wrong. I mean. What would be the first thing...

Old 09-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #5

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Do you have the ceramic Sealand toilet sitting on top of the plastic black water tank.? Which part is leaking?

Sent from my XT1028 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #6

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Here is a copy of the sealand toilet manual
https://www.dometic.com/47d833aa-c98...5103e357.fodoc

you have to remove the base cover and there is a band clamp holding 2 plastic pieces that hold the porcelain top piece to the base . There will probably be a hose that goes from the valve to the back of the top piece that will have to be removed. Once you have this off there will be a rubber seal about 7" in diameter and there should also be 4 bolts coming though the black base(2 of these were rotted off on mine and I had to replace them with 1/4 brass bolts for a normal toilet tank). The bolts, if needed will be available at any plumbing or hardware store.

forgot to say there are 2 different seals , one with a 3/8 hole and one without. The change over on the seals was around 2002 so you probably need the one without the hole.

BTW just uploaded the manual to the Document Center under plumbing
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #7

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
I agree with the ball valve diagnosis. When they leak it looks like a seal is leaking around the bottom of the toilet. If it is the ball valve, it's an easy fix. Good Luck.
brothweiler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp